Quantcast

Photo

Help me Network my computers. (older hardware)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:36 PM

So basically I need some help networking my computer with my mothers computer.

The Hardware I have is a Motorola Surfboard Cable Modem a linksys Ether Fast Cable / DSL Router and a Net Gear 100 base TX Fast Ethernet hub FE 108. I have no software for any of it, but it has all been used on my moms computer when we had DSL, but now I am moving it into my room.

So here are some images of the Router and the Hub so that it could help you out. I also will explain what I currently have connected. I blacked out the text and re wrote it so that maybe you could understand it.

The Router is

Posted Image

The Hub is

Posted Image

and the full picture unmodified is

Posted Image

*sorry they are so big, I don't know how to re-size it in BB Code so maybe a mode who knows can do it for me*

So right now I have to cable modem all hooked up properly * I am using it right now on my computer with out plugging it into the router.*

So my wiring goes like this. the Ethernet wire coming out of the modem is plugged into the router in the LAN port on the back. Then a wire coming out of the WAN line is plugged into port 8 of the Hub *on the front of the hub* Then I have line 1 of the hub plugged into my computer and line 2 of the hub plugged into my moms computer. You can see from the pictures what lights are on. Is all the wiring correct? If so that would mean it is a software side error and I would have to locate some software stuff. Thanks to anyone who can help.

*PM's TO EVERYONE I KNOW*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users