Quantcast

Photo

Israel vs. Lebanon/Hezbollah and possibly Syria and Iran?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:22 PM

CNN Link: http://www.cnn.com/2...east/index.html

Long story short: Hezbollah soldiers allegedly allied to Iran attacked Israel. Israel attack the airport of Beirut, Lebanon to cut off their supply flow. Hezbollah (not a nation) 'declares war' on Israel, and Syria is threatening to support Lebanon and Hezbollah.

Discuss.

Here's a video clip of Israeli soldiers shooting at a Fox News crew... they are quite tense since this began... http://www.rawstory....srael_0713.html

#2 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:24 PM

I don't think anybody wants war in this situation. A negotiation of some sort should be temporarily decided to keep them in agreement, even for a moment.

#3 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:36 PM

Well, to our knowledge Israel is the only country that actually has an atomic bomb. Sure, Iran has been trying to make them, but with us looking over their shoulders, they probably haven't assembled so much as a firing pin. They're in for an ass beating if they decide to declare war. Remember the last time Egypt and lebanon decided to attack? Butt whooping anyone?

#4 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:54 PM

There are also reports that Hezbollah will send the Israeli prisoners it captured to Iran, although Iran denies it.

#5 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:57 PM

Is Hezbollah affiliated with Hamas?

#6 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:59 PM

Another bit of news... A missile that was being targeted at an Israeli ship missed and hit a civilian vessel. There is no word on what country the civilian vessel belongs to as of yet.

Is Hezbollah affiliated with Hamas?

I don't think they are officially, but Hamas has recently been doing marches in support of Hezbollah, so they aren't exactly opposed.

I don't think anybody wants war in this situation. A negotiation of some sort should be temporarily decided to keep them in agreement, even for a moment.

That's what's basically been holding things together for awhile now :p I think everyone finally snapped :o

#7 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:01 PM

From what I understand, Hezbollah's in no way affiliated with Lebanon, one of the more westernized countries in the middle east, but Israel started attacking :/..
Plus Iran's at least ten years away from making one.

Well, Lebanon is indeed actually westernized, but they allow Hezbollah to exist, and Hezbollah supplies go through Beirut. Israel has sworn that this will be the end of Hezbollah, and cutting off their supplies was part of that. They got a bit out of hand though and killed a bunch of civilians in the process :p

#8 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:04 PM

Well, to our knowledge Israel is the only country that actually has an atomic bomb. Sure, Iran has been trying to make them, but with us looking over their shoulders, they probably haven't assembled so much as a firing pin. They're in for an ass beating if they decide to declare war. Remember the last time Egypt and lebanon decided to attack? Butt whooping anyone?

I'm not sure Nuclear Weapons need a firing pin. Just a high frequency neutron?

#9 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:06 PM

What I really want to know is what the US will do if this does turn into a war between Israel and Syria...

#10 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:07 PM

I'm not sure Nuclear Weapons need a firing pin. Just a high frequency neutron?

No need to be a smart ass.

My money's on supporting Israel.

Well, that has traditionally been our stance, but countries that we support do not generally start wars.

#11 Ilya

Ilya
  • 2419 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:07 PM

might want to rephrase that, Israel is not the only country that has an atomic bomb..

P.S When did you become a private leader? O_o

#12 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:08 PM

What I really want to know is what the US will do if this does turn into a war between Israel and Syria...

Most probably support Israel as is the case with current policy. :)

#13 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:13 PM

Just heard on the news that the civilian vessel that was hit may have been Egyptian.

#14 Lemonblood

Lemonblood
  • 2830 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:17 PM

Battle Royale. :D

#15 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:35 PM

might want to rephrase that, Israel is not the only country that has an atomic bomb..

P.S When did you become a private leader? O_o

Its the only country in the middle east that has it.

And I've been private leader since yesterday :p

#16 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2006 - 08:53 PM

*groans* oh lord... Well... I take bets on Israel becoming twice it size within a year. It's just really scary. I know why Israel feels it needs to do this. Hell, I might do the same thing, but... I just hope they're extra careful not to hurt citizens of other countries. It's not their fault their country has allowed Hezbollah or any other terrorist organization. Especially since Lebanon and Iran both have rather modern peoples and generally they are peace-loving, no Simon? Bad situation, bad, bad situation >_<

#17 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2006 - 08:57 PM

*groans* oh lord... Well... I take bets on Israel becoming twice it size within a year. It's just really scary. I know why Israel feels it needs to do this. Hell, I might do the same thing, but... I just hope they're extra careful not to hurt citizens of other countries. It's not their fault their country has allowed Hezbollah or any other terrorist organization. Especially since Lebanon and Iran both have rather modern peoples and generally they are peace-loving, no Simon? Bad situation, bad, bad situation >_<

A lot of times people mention terrorism in that area. Just wanted to say that Israel is a terrorist in its own form because they do in fact kill innocent citizens. In the attempts to find a single militant, they bomb entire buildings and kill all those inside it. It is justified because they got the militant though.

It really opens up the question of what terrorism is as if we are going to use that word, then we better recognize the Israeli terrorism that is opressing many innocent people in the region.

#18 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2006 - 09:10 PM

You just don't hear about it because the majority of the media is owned by Viacom... O_o

Or Time Warner, General Electric, News Corp., and Disney. Those five pretty much split up all of the media world.

#19 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2006 - 09:22 PM

Aye. Viacom's the largest though. The Big Ten. Knock yourself out.

"Current as of Dec. 20, 2001" :\

And if you want to get technical, GE is the biggest off of that list if you want to go by revenue. But thats mainly because they're so diversified. Still, Viacom is pretty damn big.

#20 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:08 PM

Bit of an update... Israel is still attacking Lebanon as harshly as ever, with the main target still being Beirut. They're going on Hezbollah bases. They're also dropping leaflets over Lebanon telling civilians to reject Hezbollah. Meanwhile, Lebanon is calling for a cease fire. Hezbollah, however, has much more power within Lebanon than the government of Lebanon itself does, and they are still proclaiming open war.

Oh, and forgot an interesting tidbit... The UN put forth a resolution to condemn Israel for their harsh attacks on Lebanon, and the resolution was veto'd by the United States.

#21 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:08 PM

Shit... well, I'm hoping for a UN intervention. If the US does it, it'll mean world war.

#22 ink

ink
  • 2189 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:16 PM

I am so sick of this violence... why must everyone fight? "Religious grounds", "religious rights", "terrorism"? Come now... you have more reasons than this. Terrorists anywhere are to be shamed upon. The tight policy between Israel and the US sickens me...

#23 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:36 PM

Another interesting note. Hezbollah, widely regarded as a terrorist group, containing individuals wanted by the US government for terrorist activities, holds 23 seats in the Lebanese parliament. They gain more and more every year that passes.

#24 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:37 PM

Another interesting note. Hezbollah, widely regarded as a terrorist group, containing individuals wanted by the US government for terrorist activities, holds 23 seats in the Lebanese parliament. They gain more and more every year that passes.

I think that only implies that our viewpoint is biased as the general masses of people are not violence lovers. Only propaganda would allow you to believe that ;).

#25 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:43 PM

I think that only implies that our viewpoint is biased as the general masses of people are not violence lovers. Only propaganda would allow you to believe that ;).

Well, once you consider the fact that most of the civilized world thinks of the Israeli Army as a terrorist organization, the viewpoint should probably be changed. Yes, its true that palestinians have caused problems in the past, and kidnapping a soldier isn't exactly the smartest move, but Israel hasn't done much to disarm the situation. Their current attack really just doesn't add up. Who the hell decided to do this one?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users