Quantcast

Photo

Disk Boot Error Insert System Disk along with other problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shabba

shabba

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:55 AM

Big poblem, yesterday I recieved a computer to fix from a friend, all it needed was to ativate XP, but it was so much easier just to over write it... So i thought, this morning I took it apart and it was all working fine. Well the same problem but xp loaded, now I cant even get it to load past the DISK BOOT ERROR after the emmory check and the dmi loading...

Heres the low down on it.

CD-ROM - Master
HardDrive - Master

I no it should be cd-rom slave, but I wanted both to be able to boot up. Now I unplugged the cd-rom to see if that was the problem but no it still cant get past the disk boot error. I did have a play around with the bios which might have caused the problem. But I reset it to defult afterwards so it should all be fine... shiouldnt it?

I really need the help so please gimmie all the help you can.

#2 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:26 PM

Same thing happened to me, the harddrive wasn't being reconized because the wire (forgot proper name tongue.gif) connecting it was damaged. I just replaced the wire and it worked.

Try inserting disc and say you want to install and it should say you don't have a harddrive. If it says you have one then I'm clueless

Edit: Wire = Ata Interface Cable tongue.gif

Edited by Mr. Hobo, 25 July 2006 - 12:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users