Quantcast

Photo

Medical Malpractice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Medical Malpractice

Should Doctors lose their licenses if they perform Medical Malpractice?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:52 PM

I decided to put this up because not only has is yet to be discussed(as far as I know), but this topic is a little close to home. My brother went into the hospital on the 17th of August to get brain surgery. The surgery was a huge sucess...or so we thought. He suffered lots of pain through the next week. Too much pain. So a neurologist came in and did an X-ray. They found a needle from the previous surgery in his neck. He had to have another surgery, not only to remove the needle, but to remove a blood clot. He is still in the hospital right now, recovering. Hopefully he'll get thorough this alright.

Discuss Medical Malpractice and what should happen to doctors who perform it (accidently or purposely). Also, discuss Medical Malpractice in your life(if you or someone you know has experienced it).

#2 Freddy

Freddy
  • 5500 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:56 PM

It really sucks that this happened to him. Sorry man. sad.gif

But, I think it depends on how serious the malpractive is. How bad they mess up I guess you could say. If it was something that could kill you, or something very serious they should maybe recieve a warning or something along the lines of that, and the second time suspension or whatever, but lets not get into that. If it was not serious at all like some leg injury I don't think they should necessarily be dismissed, but if it happens multiple times, I think they should recieve some kind of punishment. That's my view.

#3 Archon

Archon
  • 2142 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:39 AM

Yep, regardless. Means they just aren't qualifyed to do their job.

My story: One of my friends split his arm, down his forearm. They had to reconstruct his entire arm, doctor malpractices(?) and now my friend no longer has feeling in his left forearm and a very large scar. Originally, there was supposed to be no scar.

#4 the_hitman

the_hitman
  • 800 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:05 AM

they should be fired or be suspended if it's their first offence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users