Quantcast

Photo

Take the Intro area off the new posts list?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:00 PM

Well since people are spaming the intro area the view new posts list gets pushed back. XD So can you make it so intro topics dont show up?

#2 Something I can fuxxing remember

Something I can fuxxing remember
  • 450 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:03 PM

People? Who would they be? =)

Referring to me, eh?

#3 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(Bob @ Sep 11 2006, 10:03 PM) View Post

People? Who would they be? =)

Referring to me, eh?

If you did they yeah.

#4 Something I can fuxxing remember

• 450 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:06 PM

I welcomed a few members. Not as many as Killa. And so what? How the hell is what I did spam? blink.gif

#5 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(Bob @ Sep 11 2006, 10:06 PM) View Post

I welcomed a few members. Not as many as Killa. And so what? How the hell is what I did spam? blink.gif

Just drop it i didn't acues you i just asked for the intro area to be removed from the new posts list.

#6 Something I can fuxxing remember

• 450 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(Gargar @ Sep 11 2006, 07:12 PM) View Post

Just drop it i didn't acues you i just asked for the intro area to be removed from the new posts list.

I honestly think posts shouldn't count in there, so when we do welcome people we aren't freakin 'spamming' -_-;

#7 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(Bob @ Sep 11 2006, 10:13 PM) View Post

I honestly think posts shouldn't count in there, so when we do welcome people we aren't freakin 'spamming' -_-;

idc are posts are counted or not. XD I don't even look at post count.

#8 Something I can fuxxing remember

• 450 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE(jocxo @ Sep 11 2006, 07:08 PM) View Post

well the new posts pages were flooded with your posts in intro topics, you couldnt find any other topic without seaching the 3 pages of spam

HERE

3 pages my ass. I welcomed half of the first page. blink.gif

Edited by Bob, 11 September 2006 - 07:16 PM.

#9 Something I can fuxxing remember

• 450 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE(jocxo @ Sep 11 2006, 07:16 PM) View Post

alright, people lets all just drop it smile.gif
i guess we are in favoir of doing something to the new posts or not having post count highered in the intro forum smile.gif
i apologies for any rude /hurtful comments i may have said smile.gif

What's gained out of haveing more posts? Wow, I'm cool, I have 2342345324 posts, now bow down to me? pshh. as soon as you post you can get progs, I think.......I'll just stop. No one cares for my opinion anyway. ^^

My last post on this subject.

LOL

---

Look at Killa's. tongue.gif

Edited by Bob, 11 September 2006 - 07:20 PM.

#10 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE(Kitsune @ Sep 11 2006, 10:30 PM) View Post

I think it'd be a good idea to have them not show up on the latest thread.

I don't happen to use the latest thread thing that much but for people who do, it would be quite irritating, It would basically make the function redundant because nothing but intro's show up.

On the other topic... I have to agree, the spam is just getting out of hand. And I must say Bob, if you can't see how those posts are spam, then really I just don't know how to get through.

It's not true noone cares about your opinion - the only way to prove noone cares, is if you were being ignored, and clearly you get quit a lot of attention.

And guess what (I mean this in the nicest way) but Noit is nice to everyone, not just you, he's always friendly to new members and old members alike. Please stop your arrogance and see it's just Noit being Noit, rather than that you're like a 2IC to him.

(Noit, I meant that in the nicest way, so if it came accross worng, sorry!)

agreed.

#11 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:46 PM

yes I'm getting really annoyed by it too! factory and register made me want to pull my hair out dry.gif Maybe we should not let the Intro area show up on new posts. We'll let people go to the Intro area manually and greet new people. I really like the idea because I'm getting incredibly annoyed by it angry.gif

#12 dolphinbomb

dolphinbomb
  • YAAAAAAYYYYY

• 3758 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:48 PM

I second the idea. I make liberal use of the "most recent thread" function, and being sent to the introductions seciton annoys me, cause I usually don't go there in the first place.

#13 Freddy

Freddy
  • 5500 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:32 PM

Why get rid of it when we can just rename it the intro/spam room? biggrin.gif

#14 Something I can fuxxing remember

• 450 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE(Freddy @ Sep 12 2006, 03:32 PM) View Post

Goodpoint. If we did that though, so many people will be complaining about how many posts they've lost. lmao.

#15 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(Freddy @ Sep 12 2006, 06:32 PM) View Post

Becuase then people wont bother welcoming people. Keep the posts count+ just take it off new post list.

#16 Plew

Plew
  • 1754 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE(Bob @ Sep 11 2006, 07:06 PM) View Post

That is exactly what all people would say if they were spamming the intro board tongue.gif Maybe it is a good idea to make the intro board not count. I wonder if anyone would welcome new members if it didnt count for posts

#17 Warlord

Warlord
  • 3988 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:03 AM

Take the intro posts off the latest posts thingy and make posts in that section not count for post count, also make posts in the jokes section count, makes no sense why they don't blink.gif

#18 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE(Warlord @ Sep 14 2006, 11:03 AM) View Post

Take the intro posts off the latest posts thingy and make posts in that section not count for post count, also make posts in the jokes section count, makes no sense why they don't blink.gif

Most posts in the Jokes section are just "LOL", "haha", "that was funny!" and so I see no need why we should give people an increment for something so unthoughtful. I'm not blaming anyone or anything - there's usually nothing to say besided that anyway but I think the post increment = off is a good thing.

As for taking Introduction posts off the Active Topics list, I see no reason not to.

#19 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:03 AM

I don't think it is a good idea to remove the welcome threads from the todays topics, but we should set it up somehow so that any post after the new members post doesn't show up on the new topic settings.

Then we could say hi if we see them, or not. I know I hardly ever check the forums other then the last two or three pages of new threads. So any new members would go unseen.

QUOTE(Bob @ Sep 11 2006, 10:13 PM) View Post

Spamming has nothing to do with post count going up or not, other than the fact that most people spam to try to get their count op. If you make a stupid pointless annoying message it is spam rather you post count goes up or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users