Concussion

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tribe No 1 Fan

Tribe No 1 Fan
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:18 PM

I was playing baseball last weekend, and this happened:

Saturday afternoon in game 2 of my double header, I got a base hit somewhere in the later course of the game. I eventually got to third base, and the bases were loaded. I do remember leading off a pretty big amount and started messing around to see if the pitcher/catcher would try to do anything.

So, I remember leading off, and then waking up on the ground with about 25 people surrounding me trying to stay concious. I didn't know where I was, or what caused me to get in the predicament I was in. I just remember a ton of dumbass questions, but I couldn't answer many of them.

Anyway, I remember being on the ground, totally out of it, and then just being in an ambulence. I do not remember being placed on a board, or in a neck brace, or being carried into the ambulence. I just remember being on the ground, and then immediately finding myself in the ambulence. I was still totally out of it, because I would normally freak out being in an ambulence, getting needles and IV's stuck into my arm, and an oxygen tube on my face, but I didn't. I was too "out of it" to do shit.

So, I'd say about 5-6 hours later while I was laying on my couch, tired as hell watching the Buckeyes-Longhorns game on television, my dad was talking about me leading off on 3rd base too much, and then the catcher got me in a "pickle" (or run-down). He said I was trying to avoid getting tagged out about 3 times, running back and forth, and when I was close to home plate, I was just beginning to slide, as the baseball hit the back of my helmet, which knocked the helmet off, and my head crashed onto the hard ground. (The umpire called me safe! biggrin.gif)

I was said to be motionless after that play, and as my dad and the coaches became concerned, I started convulsing violently for about 20 seconds, with my eyes rolled back into my head, and then my eyes shut after that. My dad and others got me to wake up like 10 seconds later, and then my eyes shut again. He thought I had died right there. But I did end up waking up again, and muttered a question or two.

Anyway, in the hospital, I was a little more aware of things, but I was still a little "out of it". The doctors announced it only to be a concussion,

Sounds pretty damn scary, and I'm glad it wasn't nearly as severe as it sounded. I'm about back to normal now. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users