• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#51 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:11 AM

Chavez isn't scared and speaks what he feels that's good more people should do that.

#52 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE(Noitidart @ Sep 21 2006, 12:11 PM) View Post

Chavez isn't scared and speaks what he feels that's good more people should do that.

That will get him killed though.

#53 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:39 PM

Chavez also said the US is committing genocide in Iraq and that we are Nazis. He obviously doesn't know what genocide is, or who the Nazis were. Education for the win!

#54 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:05 PM

Godwin's Law

I don't agree with what Chavez has said. Bush is a guy I don't like in office, but he's an okay guy. He's at least patriotic, so he has the heart, but not the skill.

Edited by Athean, 21 September 2006 - 03:05 PM.

#55 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(Elfonso @ Sep 20 2006, 08:14 PM) View Post

The bold stuff is true, but yes I agree, america has gotten out of control, people protesting because we are trying to save to people of iraq, and people in florida say america sucks, after they swam over a hundred miles just to come to here. Mexicans jump the boarder to be here, then say, america sucks, If it sucks so much, GET OUT.

We need a leader that will stand up and say bark YOU, and kick everyone that thinks america sucks, out of america, we allow to much freedom of speech, we fight and die so people from other countried can come here and say, you suck, and let them say it, becasue we express freedom, we are the only country in the world that allows that much freedom, the only country that has millions of people die, so you can wear a shirt that says WAR SUCKS.

Ha. So you are willing to compromise the very freedom that people die for by throwing them out of the country? How is that American? Maybe it fits in with the American buisness ethic, but not with our political ethos. You might want to try a little research before you start speaking for the whole nation. Try finding a poll that says the majority of the nation is willing to kick out the dissenters or people of opposing views. You'll be hard pressed to do it, as no one would be idiotic enough to ask such a question to the american public. Only the vast minority, such as yourself, would be for such an action.

Personally, I think america sucks right now. The reason I don't 'get out' is because,

a) I'm stuck here. I'm not 18, and therefore I'm the property of my parents. So I don't have a choice in the matter.

b) I stick around, not only for above reasons, but also because I want to change things. If no one ever complains about the state of the nation, no one will ever strive to improve things. Free speech and criticism of the rulers is one of the best things about the US, because it makes the rulers, if not accountable, at the very least aware of how the nation thinks they're doing. I can think of no better way for a ruler to know he screwed up, than to have it broadcast on international television, have nasty e-mails and letters sent to him because of said television, and general pressure of all kinds from all sides to correct the mistake. If you've got a better way to go about things, start your own country! After all, thats what they were going to do at Waco in

QUOTE(Athean @ Sep 20 2006, 09:28 PM) View Post

Thinkin' like a real American.

Hey, its true though. The only reason anyone in their right mind would even consider listening to what Chavez says is because of the newfound economic power his country has.

QUOTE(BrknPhoenix @ Sep 21 2006, 04:39 PM) View Post

Chavez also said the US is committing genocide in Iraq and that we are Nazis. He obviously doesn't know what genocide is, or who the Nazis were. Education for the win!

Ha. Like I said, he isn't exactly the brightest man. I read somewhere that he declared himself the leader of the Third World Nations Against America, or some such group. But I wouldn't count on him actually doing anything about it. He's more likely to pull stunts like this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users