Photo

Everyone's gay?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#26 ClearWater

ClearWater
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:28 AM

Frued was completely right. Everyone is at least a little gay. Be that an insanely small amount. It's just hard to come to terms with.

#27 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE(ClearWater @ Nov 15 2006, 07:28 AM) View Post

Frued was completely right. Everyone is at least a little gay. Be that an insanely small amount. It's just hard to come to terms with.

*sigh* do I have to say it again? It was KINSEY.

#28 Vegas

Vegas
  • Why So Serious?

• 2323 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(nox @ Nov 9 2006, 03:15 PM) View Post

i'm not gay at all, but i do admit i have peeked in the urinal once or twice...curious how i size up..that's all tongue.gif

Lol you are so gay. I mean who does that?

I don't think I have a 'gay' side but just more of a soft side.

#29 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE(Tetiel @ Nov 16 2006, 04:30 AM) View Post

*sigh* do I have to say it again? It was KINSEY.

-tickles-
I think people confuse it with Freud's belief in latent homosexuality.

#30 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Nov 5 2006, 01:24 PM) View Post

I hate the term bisexual/bicurious, it's just homosexuality to me.

It's basically saying that someone who eats meat is claiming to be Bi-vegan.

That's wild. I never really considered it that way. So having one homosexual experience in your life makes you gay forever, or where's the line?

I'm going with Kinsey on this one. I think people have too much of a tendency to want to pigeonhole themselves. That's why I've noticed people coming out of the closet and having complete turnarounds personality-wise - they think just because they're gay they should act differently. It's sad.

But yes. If you haven't noticed, digressing is one of my very favorite things.

I don't think anyone's completely gay or straight. I figure you fall in love with a person, not a gender. And yeah, the double-standards for lesbians and gay guys are ridiculous and are of course the reason why it's so okay for a girl to fool around at a party with another chick, but a guy gets lambasted if he experiments with sexuality even privately. I've seen women be far more open to the idea of being bi because of this (not just because they were sluts, I haven't seen anyone who really says they're bisexual just to get attention)

And another reason that so many guys scream and run at the mention of the possibility of bisexuality is the taboo sex. I wouldn't like to have anal. But not all gay guys do.

So... yeah, get over it, gender isn't THAT big of a deal, and neither is a fluid view of sexuality. that is all

#31 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:16 PM

Well it may not be a big deal to you, but to some of us it is, some us it's against our political or religious lifestyles.

#32 chalow

chalow
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(jillian @ Nov 21 2006, 07:10 PM) View Post

And another reason that so many guys scream and run at the mention of the possibility of bisexuality is the taboo sex. I wouldn't like to have anal. But not all gay guys do.

on that topic then would you consider guys giving anal to a girl a gay act because of the 'gay' label that society has put on it

#33 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:16 PM

Of course, gay means homosexuality and homosexuality means attracted to the same sex.

#34 hoju

hoju
  • 1831 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE(terryf59 @ Nov 5 2006, 11:13 AM) View Post

Freud had a theory that every man was a little gay..even just a little.
also..in cultures like the greek and japanese's's's they had factions that thought if they had sex with their pupil/brothers they'd share a bond of complete oneness.

Your views?

And apologizes for the amounts of discussion threads im posting, i had these discussions on many a other board, so i felt id see if your views were any different

He also said that when you're just born, whether guy or girl, you wanna have sex with your mother. (I got that from my friend who learned it in class)

#35 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Nov 21 2006, 07:16 PM) View Post

Well it may not be a big deal to you, but to some of us it is, some us it's against our political or religious lifestyles.

Well of course. I'm not even going into that, I'm just saying my opinion. I will randomly interject that I've still not seen convincing explicit evidence of homosexuality being evil in the Bible though, but that's an entirely different topic.

QUOTE(chalow @ Nov 21 2006, 07:39 PM) View Post

on that topic then would you consider guys giving anal to a girl a gay act because of the 'gay' label that society has put on it

No, because he wants to do a girl. Simple.

QUOTE(hoju @ Nov 21 2006, 09:00 PM) View Post

He also said that when you're just born, whether guy or girl, you wanna have sex with your mother. (I got that from my friend who learned it in class)

Tet already mentioned Freud's theory of an Oedipus complex. That's when you are attracted to the parent of the opposite sex during childhood (not necessarily your mother.)

I also loved Freud's idea of all women having penis envy. Because I hella want a penis tongue.gif

#36 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:29 PM

Have mine, I never use it.

#37 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:01 PM

I'm still interested at how this relevant to anything, and why it's anyones concern as to what sexuality another person follows.

#38 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE(Euphoria @ Nov 21 2006, 10:01 PM) View Post

I'm still interested at how this relevant to anything, and why it's anyones concern as to what sexuality another person follows.

Because if we allow gays to live their lives peacefully without constant mockery massive media attention they will break into our homes and steal our freedom rolleyes.gif

#39 dolphinbomb

dolphinbomb
  • YAAAAAAYYYYY

• 3758 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:06 PM

Say no to close-minded homophobes who follow a centuries old book that tells you to beat children!

Deuteronomy 21:18, for reference.
Oh, and Leviticus 15:19 for some laughs.

Edited by EYEBEAMS!, 21 November 2006 - 11:13 PM.

#40 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:15 PM

What really defines the word gay though? Yes a dictionary says one thing, but it means so many to other things.

I can say a guy is attractive, which I do on many occasions, but does that make me gay? Or does that just make me secure with my sexuality. I wouldn't ever have any sexual relations with a guy. That would make me completely straight in some peoples definition.

#41 dolphinbomb

dolphinbomb
  • YAAAAAAYYYYY

• 3758 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:21 PM

Hm.
And yet, the only ones doing the condemning are the close minded idiots like yourself.

How odd.

#42 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:21 PM

I think your gay. Isn't that what matters?

I make gay jokes about friends all the time, even joke about myself from time to time. I think this theory is utter bull shit though. Just my opinion of course.

#43 dolphinbomb

dolphinbomb
  • YAAAAAAYYYYY

• 3758 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE(AliasXNeo @ Nov 21 2006, 11:24 PM) View Post

No no my friend, you're very mistaken. I do not condemn people for being gay, I simply disagree with the idea of homosexuality based on my religion. I'm not afraid to hang out with gay people, the only thing I don't do is promote it.

And close minded is definently the wrong word. I look at all the views before making my decision, and I have a very firm decision about homosexuality smile.gif

Do you understand young tadpole?

Oh wow. Now you completely change your position?

Several times in the past, you spoken out on how homosexuality is an abomination. You've very clearly expressed that homosexuality bothers you, and that it affects how you view people.

Saying you're against homosexuality out of religious principle is laughable, seeing as how the only mandate on the subject is a centuries old outdated piece of garbage, with far more contradictions that one can count. In those times, the bible was necassary because it was viewed not only as a moral compass, but as guidelines for law and order.

Also keep in mind the social norms of the BC era. It was customary to get married and have as many children as possible to raise the chance of your name being carried on. Of COURSE homosexuality was looked down upon.

But now? Many areas of the world are overpopulated. Having several children is a custom that's faded as time goes on. There's no reason to stigmatize it any longer.

#44 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 04:30 AM

Seriously, who the fuck cares? Stop wasting oxygen debating and let the idiots wallow around in pink mousse and tightpants until they die. It's sexuality. Get over it. As long as the governments allow such freedom, then there will be people like this. Until that changes, live with it. If you don't like the people, don't hang around them. Easiest shit in the world, it doesn't warrant a 2 page discussion about it.

#45 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:21 AM

And that's why you make Aussies look so bad.

#46 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(Euphoria @ Nov 22 2006, 07:30 AM) View Post

Seriously, who the fuck cares? Stop wasting oxygen debating and let the idiots wallow around in pink mousse and tightpants until they die. It's sexuality. Get over it. As long as the governments allow such freedom, then there will be people like this. Until that changes, live with it. If you don't like the people, don't hang around them. Easiest shit in the world, it doesn't warrant a 2 page discussion about it.

You're right. Why spend time debating theories and all that stupid shit when we could be posting about that YouTube movie where people put mentos in pepsi

#47 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:50 PM

Well honestly, Euphoria makes twenty times more sense than anyone else. The thing is that NO ONE should ever have any issues with someone else's sexuality, as long as it's not being forced on someone else. Homosexual relationships are between consenting adults, and is not directly affecting anyone else but those adults, so... get over it!

And yes, Alias, darling, there are contradicitons in the Bible, and no, the Bible doesn't say a specific word about homosexuality, especially if you take it back to the original Hebrew which was unmarred by translations and interpretations.
Some English translations of this passage condemn both gay and lesbian sexual relationships. This is a mistranslation. It refers only to male-male sexual behavior.
* This passage does not refer to gay sex generally, but only to a specific form of homosexual prostitution in Pagan temples. Much of Leviticus deals with the Holiness Code which outlined ways in which the ancient Hebrews were to be set apart to God. Some fertility worship practices found in nearly Pagan cultures were specifically prohibited; ritual same-sex behavior in Pagan temples was one such practice. 3
* The status of women in ancient Hebrew culture was very much lower than that of a man and barely above that of children and slaves. When a man engaged in sexual intercourse with a woman, he always took a dominant position, as a penetrator; the woman would take a submissive posture. When two men engage in sexual intercourse, one of the men, in effect, takes the role of a woman. When a man takes on the low status of a woman, the act makes both ritually impure.
* Many would regard "abomination," "enormous sin", etc. as particularly poor translations of the original Hebrew word which really means "ritually unclean" within an ancient Israelite era. The Greek Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Scriptures (circa 3rd century BCE) translated "to'ebah " into Greek as "bdelygma," which meant ritual impurity. If the writer(s) of Leviticus had wished to refer to a moral violation, a sin, he would have used the Hebrew word "zimah."
* This verse says nothing about consensual same-sex activity today. It only condemns same-sex religious prostitution.

religioustolerance.org

#48 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE(AliasXNeo @ Nov 24 2006, 04:46 AM) View Post

Didn't say anything about the Romans verse, don't have my Bible on me but it's somewhere around Romans 1:9. I have a word for word translation bible which has the hebrew and greek word under each word, and it still translates out to the same idea, you can go google for a online version and see for yourself smile.gif

And no, jillian darling, there are no contradictions in the Bible.

You remind me of that woman from wife swap who was blinded by her beliefs.

There's plenty of contradictions. Ecclesiastes states the world'll never come to ruin, yet further on in Revelations, a statement about a new heaven and a new earth will be made. It doesn't matter. While I agree that it's not necessarily a right thing to do, there's no point shunning homosexuals just because of their desires.

Oh, and I still don't understand why the fuck people care so much aboot other people's sexuality.

#49 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:34 PM

Plus you never replied to the many many acceptable translations for the verse that I found, man. Tunnel vision much?

#50 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE(Euphoria @ Nov 24 2006, 06:02 AM) View Post

Oh, and I still don't understand why the fuck people care so much aboot other people's sexuality.

Oh, and I still don't understand why the fuck people care so much aboot other people's spelling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users