Origin of the Universe

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#51 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE(Athean @ May 24 2007, 01:07 PM) View Post
Well, if there was indeed a start (which there was), at what point did Supergod supposedly come in, or can he deny logic?

lol logic is a human thing.......

#52 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE(Josh @ May 24 2007, 05:44 PM) View Post
That's an interesting definition you have there, unless you're implying sarcasm, in which that was a pointless post.

there we go again testing my gag reflexes....
Im not as sarcastic as you josh.
I was being serious, because logic holds no place in physics, considering many laws defy common sense and personal logic.

#53 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE(Freystein @ May 24 2007, 10:17 PM) View Post
I don't even see the point of this thread anymore. Even if their was some reason for the existence of the universe we either wouldn't be able to comprehend it or know of it in our life time.
Ps lol
The big bang just described the distribution of matter in the universe. It maybe have started with a bang but we don't know what caused it. Though I have been reading up on M-theory.

Let's be honest, here... if you can fail algebra, I don't think a physics debate is a wise hangout for you...

Besides which, you can stop asking questions about the universe at large if you so wish. Have fun banging rocks together for the rest of your neanderthal life.

#54 Freystein

Freystein
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE(Sunscorch @ May 25 2007, 04:07 AM) View Post
Let's be honest, here... if you can fail algebra, I don't think a physics debate is a wise hangout for you...
Besides which, you can stop asking questions about the universe at large if you so wish. Have fun banging rocks together for the rest of your neanderthal life.

I'm not failing Algebra. I just think I didn't pass the test lol. I have a B in the class. And Doing math is totally different from understanding concepts. I've been reading up on physics for the past couple of months. I'm just saying what I know and what physicists. And whats the point of calling me a Neanderthal(they were actually as intelligent as humans were w/e). I'm just saying that the search is kind of pointless. If we do figure out the Origin of the Universe it we may find out later that it was totally wrong. And once we actually do figure out what caused our Universe to exist we would have find what caused that and so on and so on. Its like the search for the holy grail. I doubt we will ever find it. And that still doesn't stop me from questioning the meaning and the existence of everything around me.

#55 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE(Josh @ May 25 2007, 06:44 AM) View Post
Okay then, from now on I'll assume everything you say is serious.

no no josh thats not what I am saying.....
Geez you just seem in a bad mood...

QUOTE(Freystein @ May 25 2007, 06:24 AM) View Post
I'm not failing Algebra. I just think I didn't pass the test lol. I have a B in the class. And Doing math is totally different from understanding concepts. I've been reading up on physics for the past couple of months. I'm just saying what I know and what physicists. And whats the point of calling me a Neanderthal(they were actually as intelligent as humans were w/e). I'm just saying that the search is kind of pointless. If we do figure out the Origin of the Universe it we may find out later that it was totally wrong. And once we actually do figure out what caused our Universe to exist we would have find what caused that and so on and so on. Its like the search for the holy grail. I doubt we will ever find it. And that still doesn't stop me from questioning the meaning and the existence of everything around me.

You guys would be suprised how many people think the way this guy does.
Life is nothing but a great adventure, for some, pleasure comes from cars, or fishing or sports. For others it the constant quest for knowledge, and to change the world.....

By the way, m theory? nice try. Dumbass. Its a reject of supersymetric string theroy.
I laughed at that.

Math is the underlying priciple in ALL PHYSICS.....
If your taking algebra then stay away from physics atleast untill you can understand trigonomic ratios.
I like to call people like you "discover channel experts"
Cause if you don't understand the basic principles, then your just someone who believes that the earth is round cause people tell you it is.

#56 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE(Sonic @ May 24 2007, 03:25 PM) View Post
lol logic is a human thing.......

Just using a simple argument. I kinda sorta believe in God anyways, but you're right.

#57 Greenstranger

Greenstranger
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:28 PM

I believe that we are miniature beings inside of a massive being with an entire universe inside of it that could be called god
I believe that when that being was created, the big bang occurred and the universe was created

#58 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE(Josh @ May 26 2007, 12:31 AM) View Post
Nah, I'm not in a bad mood, I just don't think you have enough experience on a debate board, because you seem to interpret everything from me as being negative.

good point...

#59 LastI

LastI
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE(slimemonkey @ Apr 30 2007, 07:06 PM) View Post
I don't see why philosophers can't be physicists.

Anyway, I would like to somehow extend my first point made in the first post in this thread. I also think that if nothing can come out of nothing, then we are living all the time that can and has passed and will be. If this state of time must be labeled, lets call it the present.

Also, if that idea is to be followed, then, we once again are faced with the dilemma of rethinking our entire perception of time.

Theres a reason why we're here, we're not an accident, we have a purpose of being here: To Serve God.

God is eternal, he's always been and always will. Its difficult for me to understand, and as humans, no one will be truely able to understand it.

The thing is, theres no way that living, breathing life, can come from nothing, we can't be here by an accident, God created us uniquely, with our own charecteristics, appearences, emotions, and so on, this is the work of God, not an accident.

God gives some scientists the brains and the minds to solve parts of his creation, such as why a light wave acts as a particle and a wave, but as far as Creation goes, you have to draw the line there, God created the world with his own hand, he can do anything including create something from nothing, only he can do that, not some evolution over "millions of years".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users