• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:16 PM

I never really understood when to use an item in the BD. I always see people using such strategy and stuff when discussing battle sets, and I never understood that. Explain please?

#2 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:18 PM

Not sure where this should go since the Battledome is accompanied by "Challengers". Maybe the challengers part should be removed and made into a sub-section. Iunno

Anyways, strategies really depends if you're playing against another person, your budget and your pet stats. Essentially you want to do some damage, get low on hitpoints, use a healer like blue scorchystone or greater healing scroll (they work differently and I can expand on that if you want) then try and freeze the guy and use your 'bomb' (strong one use item) and fierce attack (you do 150% damage and take 150% damage which is why you want to only do this when the guy can't hit back. I think it's 150, might be 140). I'd like to go in more detail but I'm too sleepy, I'll add onto this tommorow after a good 14 hours of sleep tongue.gif

#3 Warlord

Warlord
  • 3988 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:05 PM

Strategies against one player opponents includes knowing what they run and coming up with the counter weapons. http://www.idb.finalhit.org lists the stats of all one player challengers and the weapons they have. With that knowledge you have an idea of what to prepare for. Staretgies for two player is harder, you make a lot of assumptions about people's weaponsets based on weapon value and popularity. Finding the right combination of defensive items to counter opponents.

Use a freezing item on the first turn, just the smartest play. If they have a freezing item they will cancel each other out, otherwise you leave yourself open to the first freezing attack which is never fun. That holds true in both one and two player.

#4 Apilot

Apilot
  • 982 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:26 PM

ok the best thing to do, freeze item, plus burrow, and a weapon that deals good icons, if you got that you are solid, its a perfect way to start the game, not only will the damage done by your opponet be severly reduced you will freeze them and deal mass damage, then you are free for the knock out punch.

#5 arthritis

arthritis
  • 999 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:00 AM

wow. still quite difficult to understand

i've been using grandlightning beam over the years xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users