Photo

Name CHanging problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:11 PM

I dont know what it is, but everytime I try to change my display name, it says my password is incorrect...Im typing the right password..Because I can login....?

#2 Magma

Magma
  • 792 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:14 PM

When you change your display name, it changes the name we all see when you post at Neocodex. Your main account name although does not change with your display name. So, as I know you, Zero, if that was the name your created the account with, will most likely be the name you will have to login on, but when you login we will still see your name as Lunchbox. Hope it helped.

#3 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(Magma @ Jul 10 2007, 07:14 PM) View Post
When you change your display name, it changes the name we all see when you post at Neocodex. Your main account name although does not change with your display name. So, as I know you, Zero, if that was the name your created the account with, will most likely be the name you will have to login on, but when you login we will still see your name as Lunchbox. Hope it helped.

Perhaps your missing the point of my question?

I want to change my display name - Lunchbox to something else yet when I put in my desired DISPLAY NAME with the same password i logged in with (and this is after multiple tries, so no typo errors) it returns this error:

Sorry, you have entered an incorrect password. Please try again.

#4 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

I think there's some problem with the name changer right now(for some). Just PM an admin.

#5 Chris

Chris
  • 2235 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:56 AM

warning.jpg
lunchbox was my old name like 2 years ago, then zero changed to lunchbox and now somebody else wants it?! what's with the name!

#6 Neo

Neo
  • 2032 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE(ßlack ƒlame @ Jul 11 2007, 04:31 AM) View Post
I think there's some problem with the name changer right now(for some). Just PM an admin.

Yeppo.

Well Its been going on for months though, I first noticed it in February. Well yeah its only for some people, dont know why though.

At any rate yeah PM an admin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users