• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:38 PM

No idea where to put this but i recently bought a new computer, which has vista on it and when i run a game like lineage 2, it's extremely laggy. The cursor moves once every 3 seconds and it sucks. Any idea on how to fix the lag?

It's only when i run games though.

#2 DudeOnline

DudeOnline
  • 1897 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:45 PM

easy. downgrade to XP, or wait for DirectX to come out with Vista fixes.

#3 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE(Dudeonline @ Dec 3 2007, 04:45 PM) View Post
easy. downgrade to XP, or wait for DirectX to come out with Vista fixes.

That's really the only option. Vista is slow and shitty.

#4 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:01 PM

Uhh how do i downgrade to xp? >.<

#5 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE(Red Chaos @ Dec 3 2007, 05:01 PM) View Post
Uhh how do i downgrade to xp? >.<

"Buy" a Windows XP install disk. I stress the word BUY. COUGH COUGH COUGH DON'T LOOK ON THE INTERNET BUY IT COUGH COUGH COUGH!

#6 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(Red Chaos @ Dec 3 2007, 01:38 PM) View Post
No idea where to put this but i recently bought a new computer, which has vista on it and when i run a game like lineage 2, it's extremely laggy. The cursor moves once every 3 seconds and it sucks. Any idea on how to fix the lag?

It's only when i run games though.

computer specs?

First off I want to say Vista is NOT slow and shitty... unless you have a slow and shitty PC

#7 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(Fatal @ Dec 3 2007, 06:08 PM) View Post
computer specs?

First off I want to say Vista is NOT slow and shitty... unless you have a slow and shitty PC

You and Vista need to get a room.

#8 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(Cataliste @ Dec 3 2007, 03:45 PM) View Post
You and Vista need to get a room.

awesome educated, mature post

All I'm going by is facts and personal experiences, I don't know what you're going by

#9 DudeOnline

DudeOnline
  • 1897 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:55 PM

have you tried playing any games that require DirectX? Obviously not, or else you have your lips on Microsoft's anus...

#10 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE(Dudeonline @ Dec 3 2007, 03:55 PM) View Post
have you tried playing any games that require DirectX? Obviously not, or else you have your lips on Microsoft's anus...

Yup, pretty much any new FPS game, the only somewhat recent big FPS game that doesnt use DirectX would be Doom 3, which is OpenGL

Counter-Strike: Source
Crysis
Need For Speed ProStreet
Unreal Tournament 3

So far I've played all of those 100% smooth and perfect on Vista....... There may be a few games that have minor bugs or a few small games that have some problems... but for the most part its not a problem. This shouldnt be a topic of whether Vista owns or not, it should be a topic trying to fix Red Chaos' problem.

Edited by Fatal, 03 December 2007 - 03:03 PM.

#11 Lawivido

Lawivido
  • iOS Hacker

• 2018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:01 PM

I've been using Vista for over a year now and haven't had any problems with it.

#12 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(Fatal @ Dec 3 2007, 06:48 PM) View Post
awesome educated, mature post

All I'm going by is facts and personal experiences, I don't know what you're going by

Facts and personal experience. I have reformatted over 10 computers with Windows XP, over Vista. People hate it.

And since when is standing up for Microsoft mature?

#13 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE(Cataliste @ Dec 3 2007, 04:31 PM) View Post
Facts and personal experience. I have reformatted over 10 computers with Windows XP, over Vista. People hate it.

And since when is standing up for Microsoft mature?

Im not standing up for Microsoft "just because", im standing up for them because Vista is fine, the problems are way over hyped and people act like a bunch of sheep. Also people hate it because they dont want big change and a lot of average computer users dont use google to help solve their minor problems.

#14 DudeOnline

DudeOnline
  • 1897 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:46 PM

For the System Requiremets for games now it should read:

Reccomended RAM: 256MB*

*If Running on Vista Add 2GB

and by the way....everyone screaming that Windows ME sucked hard...were they sheep too?

#15 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE(Dudeonline @ Dec 3 2007, 04:46 PM) View Post
For the System Requiremets for games now it should read:

Reccomended RAM: 256MB*

*If Running on Vista Add 2GB

and by the way....everyone screaming that Windows ME sucked hard...were they sheep too?

Actually they were, and Paul Thurrott agrees with me, I never had a major problem with Windows ME either.. but thats not the topic here, the topic is to fix the OP's problem, you should make a new thread if you want to flame vista/me

Paul Thurrott:

It is, quite possibly, the most under-hyped version of Windows ever created.

http://www.winsupers...s/windowsme.asp

Edited by Fatal, 03 December 2007 - 03:55 PM.

#16 DudeOnline

DudeOnline
  • 1897 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:19 PM

Stop the fanboyism. please. maybe you and gates do need to get a room.

and of course you had to refer to someone already sucking microsofts cock. the editor for Windows IT Pro Magazine not to mention the owner of the site Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows

thats just like asking any of the members of this board...what neopets cheat forums is the best. most of them will say Neocodex. whether right or wrong its still a biased opinion

Edited by Dudeonline, 03 December 2007 - 04:20 PM.

#17 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:25 PM

Back on topic: Install Windows XP.

#18 Magma

Magma
  • 792 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:29 PM

Red Chaos, what are your system specifications (RAM, Video Card, Processor Speed, etc.) If u can post those, I'm sure that we can find out whats wrong with your PC.
On a side note, I have a desktop I used to play Lineage 2 with. This desktop has vista on it and Lineage 2 still lagged a bit when I played it. It may just be the game, not your system.

#19 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(Dudeonline @ Dec 3 2007, 05:19 PM) View Post
Stop the fanboyism. please. maybe you and gates do need to get a room.

Fanboy for what? I never said Windows is better or worse than Linux or Mac. Vista and XP are made by the same company.

fanboy:

1. A person who is completely loyal to a game or company regardless of if they suck or not.
2. A person who loves something without question.

I've never said anything is better over anything, making me NOT a fanboy

QUOTE(Magma @ Dec 3 2007, 05:29 PM) View Post
Red Chaos, what are your system specifications (RAM, Video Card, Processor Speed, etc.) If u can post those, I'm sure that we can find out whats wrong with your PC.
On a side note, I have a desktop I used to play Lineage 2 with. This desktop has vista on it and Lineage 2 still lagged a bit when I played it. It may just be the game, not your system.

Thank you for actually trying to contribute to the main purpose of the thread. +1 Yes I've heard its bad support from the creators of Lineage to support Vista properly. Not a Vista issue. If I program a game very shitty and it doesn't work properly on Vista, my fault. When I heard this it was a while back and apparently they were going to help support Vista better, but maybe it never happened

Edited by Fatal, 03 December 2007 - 06:15 PM.

#20 havocide3

havocide3
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE(Fatal @ Dec 3 2007, 05:54 PM) View Post
Actually they were, and Paul Thurrott agrees with me, I never had a major problem with Windows ME either.. but thats not the topic here, the topic is to fix the OP's problem, you should make a new thread if you want to flame vista/me

There is no way possible that you have NEVER had a problem with Windows ME, unless you (what it seems like) have never used Windows ME, since even moving the mouse on a fresh format would BSOD you and reboot and repeat.

To keep on topic, what are your computer specs? What quality are you running the game at? Try to lower the quality to the LOWEST settings and see if that fixes anything.

#21 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(havocide3 @ Dec 3 2007, 07:16 PM) View Post
There is no way possible that you have NEVER had a problem with Windows ME, unless you (what it seems like) have never used Windows ME, since even moving the mouse on a fresh format would BSOD you and reboot and repeat.

To keep on topic, what are your computer specs? What quality are you running the game at? Try to lower the quality to the LOWEST settings and see if that fixes anything.

First computer was 98, went to ME, then XP, then to Vista and I have Linux on my laptop. Of course I had a few problems... but nothing too horrible where the OS was unusable or anything, IMO it was still much better than 98. but seriously I want to be done with all this, I hate being offtopic

Edited by Fatal, 03 December 2007 - 06:24 PM.

#22 Arkidas

Arkidas
  • 1231 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:46 AM

I've been running on Vista since beta and I would not switch back to XP unless it were really necessary. I also set it up on my family's computer and they are now very used to it. It's very handy, the search is great and dreamscene super. Download newest drivers from nVidia ( http://nvidia.com ) / ATi ( http://ati.com ) and make sure you got all the latest windows updates.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users