Photo

IP address/ proxy

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Sunset

Sunset
  • 699 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:34 PM

Ok I really want to get another neopets account without it being linked to my ip address ... I know little to nothing about ip address and proxy but what I have learned to change a proxy on firefox is never seems to work... I was wonder if anyone could explain a little about it to me or tell me how I can create a neopets account so that my ip address shows somewhere else... I really hope this topic is not against the rules if it is please let me know thanks!

#2 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:52 PM

In order to do this, you just need to find a good proxy server (there are many sites online which list them - google thumbsup.gif) and change it in firefox. The next page you load should be using that proxy to connect to the internet.

Check if your IP has changed by going to a page like http://www.whatismyip.com to see smile.gif.

Good luck!

#3 Sunset

Sunset
  • 699 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE(Hydrogen @ Feb 11 2008, 07:52 PM) View Post
In order to do this, you just need to find a good proxy server (there are many sites online which list them - google thumbsup.gif ) and change it in firefox. The next page you load should be using that proxy to connect to the internet.

Check if your IP has changed by going to a page like http://www.whatismyip.com to see smile.gif .

Good luck!

I did the google thing the problem I was having was once I changed the fire fox settings that it wouldn't let me load any other page after that but came up with one of those grey screen message saying unable to load or something and to check th proxy.... I am thinking i could of missed a step...

I went to manual proxy config.... Put the HTTP Proxy as well as the port then clicked the use proxy for all protocols (other wise when i checked my ip it was my real ip address) but the only problem with it by clicking that box that to use for all protocols that it would not let me go to any page and give me what I stated above.

Oh this has to be the best week for my luck! 6751ov8.png lol

Edited by Sunset, 11 February 2008 - 08:37 PM.

#4 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:56 PM

You may be using a dead proxy?

#5 Twilight

Twilight
  • 429 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:21 PM

or just use a website proxy like. vtunnel.com

#6 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE(Twilight @ Feb 11 2008, 09:21 PM) View Post
or just use a website proxy like. vtunnel.com

Yeah you could do that too, there's also hidemyass.com which I find amusing tongue.gif.

#7 Sunset

Sunset
  • 699 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE(Hydrogen @ Feb 11 2008, 09:27 PM) View Post
Yeah you could do that too, there's also hidemyass.com which I find amusing tongue.gif .

Dead proxy .... never knew there was such thing so yeah that could of been the issue and that there are a lot of "dead proxies" out there then

Yeah hidemyass.com worked but I found too many problems with it 1 always checking to see if I am a computer or not and 2 it wouldn't let me creat a neopets account while using it.

As for vtunnel.com I havent tried that yet that I will have to try

Thanks to both of you much thumbsup.gif and I will post again when I find out if it works for me or not!

#8 eScotty

eScotty
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:24 AM

I had a question about proxies if you don't mind me hijacking the thread - If you were to use a proxy in your browser and you're well hidden from TNT wouldn't this be broken when you tried using programs which connect directly to the site? i.e. wouldn't the program show up as using your normal IP address and not the one you configured separately in your browser. Or do the programs say latch onto the settings in your default browser and become similarly hidden?

Thanks smile.gif

#9 Sunset

Sunset
  • 699 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (eScotty @ Feb 24 2008, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a question about proxies if you don't mind me hijacking the thread - If you were to use a proxy in your browser and you're well hidden from TNT wouldn't this be broken when you tried using programs which connect directly to the site? i.e. wouldn't the program show up as using your normal IP address and not the one you configured separately in your browser. Or do the programs say latch onto the settings in your default browser and become similarly hidden?

Thanks smile.gif

If I am not mistaken most programs have a spot you can put in a proxy! I could be wrong though.

#10 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (Sunset @ Feb 24 2008, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I am not mistaken most programs have a spot you can put in a proxy! I could be wrong though.

Yea. Some programs will have a place for a proxy. Otherwise, you are connecting directly.

#11 eScotty

eScotty
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:13 PM

Thanks for the quick replies guys, that definitely answers my question smile.gif

#12 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:02 PM

google phproxy and ull fine tons of proxy websites, enjoy.

#13 Sunset

Sunset
  • 699 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:18 PM

Quick question about using a proxy for ie (only have used firefox before)

I did a little research and found:

You can click to select the Bypass proxy server for local addresses check box if you do not want the proxy server computer to be used when you connect to a computer on the local network (this may speed up performance).

Should I click that little box or not?

#14 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:39 PM

I dont think this makes a difference, you can check it.

#15 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Sunset @ Feb 24 2008, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quick question about using a proxy for ie (only have used firefox before)

I did a little research and found:

You can click to select the Bypass proxy server for local addresses check box if you do not want the proxy server computer to be used when you connect to a computer on the local network (this may speed up performance).

Should I click that little box or not?
This won't make a difference when you connect to neopets. What that box is saying is that when your computer connects to another computer inside your home (or on the network you are on, usually at home) then should it connect directly or go through the proxy server even in this case? It's just talking about a special case of connection and won't make a difference when connecting to Neopets.

You can check it if that's what you want, or you can leave it unchecked tongue.gif.

#16 Sunset

Sunset
  • 699 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:05 PM

Alright there was no need of making a new topic for another problem I am having (deals with pretty much the same thing)

I am finding that no proxies are working in either my ie or forefox browser, I have followed instructions properly which were the following:

Click "Service" \ "Internet Options";
Click "Connections";
If you use Dial-Up connection, choose your connection and click "Settings" button.
if you use LAN connection, click "LAN Settings" button in the "Local Area Network (LAN) Settings" group box;
Enable "use a proxy server";
In fields "Address" and "port", type proxy name and proxy port number;
If nessesary, enable "bypass proxy server for local addresses";
Click "OK";
Click "OK" to close IE settings.

As well I have tried Clicked the Advanced settings and tried with that but still have not had any luck... I followed the firefox set up to with no luck ... I rather get it working with ie and I was wondering if anyone had any advice to give me?

#17 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:41 PM

I believe before you try and use a proxy, you can run it through a website and check to make sure that it is working. A quick google should help you find these sites smile.gif.

#18 Sunset

Sunset
  • 699 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Hydrogen @ Feb 25 2008, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe before you try and use a proxy, you can run it through a website and check to make sure that it is working. A quick google should help you find these sites smile.gif .

did that and pretty much showed that the proxy was working fine 1we8.gif

#19 eScotty

eScotty
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (KyleBigMac @ Feb 24 2008, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea. Some programs will have a place for a proxy. Otherwise, you are connecting directly.

Another quick question - You don't happen to know offhand which programs do have a place do you? If not don't worry, I can check them all but it'd be great to know where to start smile.gif

#20 Sunset

Sunset
  • 699 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (eScotty @ Feb 26 2008, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another quick question - You don't happen to know offhand which programs do have a place do you? If not don't worry, I can check them all but it'd be great to know where to start smile.gif

Not sure unsure.gif

Update: Fixed the proxy thing ... Thanks Hydrogen you were right proxies wern't working tongue.gif

#21 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (eScotty @ Feb 26 2008, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could you possibly rephrase your question, I'm not sure what you are asking tongue.gif.

QUOTE (Sunset @ Feb 26 2008, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure unsure.gif

Update: Fixed the proxy thing ... Thanks Hydrogen you were right proxies wern't working tongue.gif

Ah good to hear smile.gif.

#22 eScotty

eScotty
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (Hydrogen @ Feb 26 2008, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could you possibly rephrase your question, I'm not sure what you are asking tongue.gif.

haha sorry, I wasn't very clear. I was just wondering if anyone knew which neopets programs had a function where you could use them through a proxy to avoid detection. If no one was sure I was just gonna check them all smile.gif

#23 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (eScotty @ Feb 27 2008, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha sorry, I wasn't very clear. I was just wondering if anyone knew which neopets programs had a function where you could use them through a proxy to avoid detection. If no one was sure I was just gonna check them all smile.gif

Oh...yeah that depends on if the programmer included them tongue.gif. I don't know if we keep a list on that tongue.gif.

#24 Germ

Germ
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:00 PM

If you want a sure-fire way of bypassing any website then search for a proxy server. tongue.gif A really good one I use is capburner.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users