Quantcast

Photo

PSD Section

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

Poll: PSD Section (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Should There Be A Section To Post PSD Files?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 SupermanFTM

SupermanFTM
  • 5817 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (Zulfi @ Feb 18 2006, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I was thinking as a way to help people improve with their GFX, we could all post our PSDs in a board for others to download from and learn. I am against the idea of us having to 'pay' in some form or other for a PSD like at Gamerenders, we are a community we should share. So it should be open to all members or else it defeats the purpose of learning as the non-gfx team members are the ones in need of them most.
A bit like in the programming area there is a Code Snippets board in which people post their souces and others learn from.
If this board was set up, I for one would post all of my PSDs (however rubbish they may be) and hopefully it will turn to a trend and many others will follow. Every PSD that is made has the potential to teach someone something.
Obviously the downside to this idea is ripping of other people's work so strict rules will have to be enforced and perhaps normal members will have to meet some requirements to view.

As I said I am against paying for PSDs but an alternative method to the above could be to set up a trading board where we exchange PSDs for PSDs, not any form of credit or money. This could be used for all those members who feel strongly about their work being ripped or do not want to make their PSD completely public.

So, should Codex have a section to posts PSD files? The main concern before was with ripping, but ways around this could be pinned in the forum if it's a popular idea.

Voice your opinion! Vote!

#2 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:34 PM

We have a resources section in the GFX Team area, it's hardly used... I can't see that a public section would be used anymore than that one is.

To be honest, we're also lacking in people to actually fill a section like this with resources.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users