About Networking

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2004 - 11:08 AM

we have installed a LAN card RJ45 cable ect, but unable to get both computers working on broadband at the same ti'me, any help?

#2 Assasinn3

Assasinn3
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 11:25 AM

we have installed a LAN card RJ45 cable ect, but unable to get both computers working on broadband at the same ti'me, any help?

View Post

Are you using a hub?... and for your internet, a modem, cable, or dial-up?

#3 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2004 - 11:28 AM

Are you using a hub?... and for your internet, a modem, cable, or dial-up?

View Post

well apparently we don't need a hub and we are using a modem.

#4 Assasinn3

Assasinn3
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 11:32 AM

well apparently we don't need a hub and we are using a modem.

View Post

Hmmm... I'm using a hub to connect 2 computers together as a network... and I don't think there is another way of getting 2 computers to have a shared internet but I may be wrong, when more people come online they will tell you but for now I guess you can keep trying or wait  :closed: sorry I couldn't be more help.

#5 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 11:35 AM

Hmmm... I'm using a hub to connect 2 computers together as a network... and I don't think there is another way of getting 2 computers to have a shared internet but I may be wrong, when more people come online they will tell you but for now I guess you can keep trying or wait  ^_^ sorry I couldn't be more help.

View Post

There IS a way... in his case - he's using a modem for his bb... I have my bb by a network card, so I can either connect 2 comps with my criss-crossed cable (w\o a hub :D ) or use inet on one - besides, I'd have to pay an extra $2/mo if I wanted to use my inet on more than one comp, and it's plain pointless since it's 100k :closed:

#6 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2004 - 12:10 PM

all u shud have to do is plug ur bb cable into the  UPLINK slot and the 2 comps into the 1st 2 slots....tghats wut I do, just reboot and it shud work :closed:

#7 Svenne

Svenne
  • 196 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 01:32 AM

There is a way to connect 2 cpu's on a network.
First of all in the ineternet pc install 2 lan cards. ( if the IE connection is cable) Dial-up modem is not with a lan card)
In the other pc just one.
Give in each pc's lan card a static IP. (exept the lan card that is connected to the internet.)
In win98 SE use the Inetnet sharing. on winXP use the wizzard new network connection.
U have to use a crossed lan cable!!!!!!!

#8 deft0nedt0x

deft0nedt0x
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 11:05 AM

[quote name='Svenne' date='Aug 31 2004, 02:32 AM']
There is a way to connect 2 cpu's on a network.
First of all in the ineternet pc install 2 lan cards. ( if the IE connection is cable) Dial-up modem is not with a lan card)
In the other pc just one.
Give in each pc's lan card a static IP. (exept the lan card that is connected to the internet.)
In win98 SE use the Inetnet sharing. on winXP use the wizzard new network connection.
U have to use a crossed lan cable!!!!!!!

View Post

You only need a crossover cable of youre connecting pc to pc. You'll need to get a router or a hub. If youre only gonna connect 2 pcs to the network a 4 port router/hub should do. I have a 16 port hub running in my closet for lan parties. :innocent: . and I set up a wireless connection, my dad helped me with that though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users