Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:52 AM

fucked up cult. my friends don't believe me when i tell them about it. LOL

#27 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:05 AM

On that, Rcad, I'm agreed. The Free Zone is totally cool. They might still believe in Xenu, but at least they don't suffocate their members through restrictions and excessive monetary burdens.

#28 Reaper

Reaper
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (FlashGM @ Aug 21 2008, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What kind of a moron is gonna debate that? Of course it was abuse, it was murder basically.

*raises hand* Alright, my view on the subject is this: I don't agree with what they did in ANY way, nor do I EVER want to see it again, but I'm really curious as to see what happened to those people. The only reason I'm debating this is for the simple fact that this is the debate chat...I have never read anywhere that you HAVE to give your child medicine. There are TONS of people out there that are unable to go to the doctor because of the expense of health care and no one sues the government because that person died for lack of health care. Once again, I think what they did was bullshit, but I don't recall there being a law. We have have the freedom to choose our own religion...so I would assume that whatever happens within our religion is also protected (to a certain extent). (I seem to recall a story quite awhile back where someone was killing animals because of their religion and charges were dropped because they proved it was religion)

Back to Scientology...I have no idea whether they have killed people (if anyone knows, tell me!!!!) but I think if you HAVE to pay, or do certain things to STAY in the religion (like not being able to say ONE WORD in the delivery room...fucking CRAZY) its a cult.

#29 Amagius

Amagius
  • 1117 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:16 AM

It depends how one defines 'cult,' but, in most cases, I'd say yes. Their size, their extremist nature, and their blatant falseness deserve them the title.

#30 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (reaper1488 @ Aug 21 2008, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Back to Scientology...I have no idea whether they have killed people (if anyone knows, tell me!!!!) but I think if you HAVE to pay, or do certain things to STAY in the religion (like not being able to say ONE WORD in the delivery room...fucking CRAZY) its a cult.

http://www.whyaretheydead.net/

As far as I'm aware they've never actually been found guilty in any case though (I wonder why...).

#31 Reaper

Reaper
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (Waser Lave @ Aug 21 2008, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.whyaretheydead.net/

As far as I'm aware they've never actually been found guilty in any case though (I wonder why...).

Thank you very much...I'm off to read it. I honestly never knew that people were dying over this religion.

#32 Just Another User

Just Another User
  • 1586 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (Waser Lave @ Aug 21 2008, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That made an interesting read, especially that ymntd video o.o

#33 Reaper

Reaper
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (Just Another User @ Aug 21 2008, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That made an interesting read, especially that ymntd video o.o

Tell me all about it cause everytime I try and get to that one site, my internet logs me off. I've tried at least 6 times.

#34 Just Another User

Just Another User
  • 1586 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (reaper1488 @ Aug 21 2008, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tell me all about it cause everytime I try and get to that one site, my internet logs me off. I've tried at least 6 times.

The video? It goes through the main suspicous deaths and lists all the details about them... the running trend is they were all at this scientology hotel and basically held at their will, gave large donations to the point they had arond $100 left to life off, then either commited suicide or at least something that appeared that way. One dude took a bath in boiling water, it burnt all his skin off but he was reported dead from drowning? blink.gif Another woman was held captive in her room, didn't eat for 17 days, they then took her to a hospital 24miles away instead of one 5miles away where she was pronounced dead on arrival, she had cockroach bites all over her, like holes in her it was pretty disgusting, obviously been left to rot wacko.gif

Further in that site it tells you about a student that joined when he graduated, donated all his cash, then jumped off a building a year later holding the only money he had left (about $150).

Edited by Just Another User, 21 August 2008 - 07:59 AM.

#35 Reaper

Reaper
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (Just Another User @ Aug 21 2008, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The video? It goes through the main suspicous deaths and lists all the details about them... the running trend is they were all at this scientology hotel and basically held at their will, gave large donations to the point they had arond $100 left to life off, then either commited suicide or at least something that appeared that way. One dude took a bath in boiling water, it burnt all his skin off but he was reported dead from drowning? blink.gif Another woman was held captive in her room, didn't eat for 17 days, they then took her to a hospital 24miles away instead of one 5miles away where she was pronounced dead on arrival, she had cockroach bites all over her, like holes in her it was pretty disgusting, obviously been left to rot wacko.gif

Further in that site it tells you about a student that joined when he graduated, donated all his cash, then jumped off a building a year later holding the only money he had left (about $150).

Thank you. Stupid computer *kicks it* Yeah, that doesn't sound on the up and up. So do they then think that your closer to "god" by the amount of money you donate? Wow...I'd be far from god right about now sad.gif

#36 rcadble

rcadble
  • 651 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (reaper1488 @ Aug 21 2008, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you. Stupid computer *kicks it* Yeah, that doesn't sound on the up and up. So do they then think that your closer to "god" by the amount of money you donate? Wow...I'd be far from god right about now sad.gif

Take a few steps back to the medieval era, when Christian churches were especially corrupt. They accepted indulgences, which were basically monetary "donations" to help put the donor in heaven. Anyways, from my understanding, Scientology isn't really about god, it's a more spiritual thing. You don't donate to come closer to a god, you donate to actually learn about your religion (which is why I think the Church of Scientology is stupid); for instance, one might have to pay thousands of dollars to learn about Xenu. If you think about it, the Church of Scientology is an elaborate scheme; they first sucker people into it with the personality tests, they tell you about the less absurd parts of scientology, and then you basically buy information about the religion. The more you buy, the more you're going to believe what you're reading/hearing (after spending thousands of dollars, you'll take it for granted and not question even the silliest sounding things, like Xenu). The more you read, the more you want to know. It's cycle that goes on and on until your wallet is empty.

#37 Reaper

Reaper
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (rcadble @ Aug 21 2008, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take a few steps back to the medieval era, when Christian churches were especially corrupt. They accepted indulgences, which were basically monetary "donations" to help put the donor in heaven. Anyways, from my understanding, Scientology isn't really about god, it's a more spiritual thing. You don't donate to come closer to a god, you donate to actually learn about your religion (which is why I think the Church of Scientology is stupid); for instance, one might have to pay thousands of dollars to learn about Xenu. If you think about it, the Church of Scientology is an elaborate scheme; they first sucker people into it with the personality tests, they tell you about the less absurd parts of scientology, and then you basically buy information about the religion. The more you buy, the more you're going to believe what you're reading/hearing (after spending thousands of dollars, you'll take it for granted and not question even the silliest sounding things, like Xenu). The more you read, the more you want to know. It's cycle that goes on and on until your wallet is empty.

I'm not denying that most religions ask you to donate. Its not enough they get help from the government. While my grandparents always put money in our collection plate, I figured that my god wouldn't care if I donated or not...that he/she would love me all the same. Donating to learn about religion...oh geeze, give me a break. I was talking with a few people and I think maybe I should start a cult...I'd be rich in no time. Anyone wanna join? lol...since I'm just starting out, all neocodex members receive half off!!! Only $10!!!! ROFL.

Oh, and I used to be Catholic...and those people ask for lots of donations...have you ever seen a Catholic church? Its huge...

#38 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (rcadble @ Aug 21 2008, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the most insane part is that most of the more ludicrous policies and beliefs[sic] didn't come to light until a judge ordered it. We'd still be in the dark about Xenu and his buddies if it weren't for that curious judge.

QUOTE (reaper1488 @ Aug 21 2008, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not denying that most religions ask you to donate. Its not enough they get help from the government. While my grandparents always put money in our collection plate, I figured that my god wouldn't care if I donated or not...that he/she would love me all the same. Donating to learn about religion...oh geeze, give me a break. I was talking with a few people and I think maybe I should start a cult...I'd be rich in no time. Anyone wanna join? lol...since I'm just starting out, all neocodex members receive half off!!! Only $10!!!! ROFL.

Oh, and I used to be Catholic...and those people ask for lots of donations...have you ever seen a Catholic church? Its huge...
You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion. - L. Ron Hubbard, founder of Scientology

#39 Stryyp

Stryyp
  • 2788 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:27 PM

My brother was in Clearwater, Florida recently, I believe it was part of some "Anonymous" thing. They all wore Guy Fawkes masks, apparently it was a big protest against Scientology.

/nothing else to add

#40 Reaper

Reaper
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (redlion @ Aug 21 2008, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion. - L. Ron Hubbard, founder of Scientology

Thats an actual statement by that guy? Your fucking kidding right? I really should start a cult. tongue.gif

#41 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Stryyp @ Aug 21 2008, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My brother was in Clearwater, Florida recently, I believe it was part of some "Anonymous" thing. They all wore Guy Fawkes masks, apparently it was a big protest against Scientology.

/nothing else to add
Anon is legion. His will is carried out, whether by masks, signs, dDos, or more invasive methods.

QUOTE (reaper1488 @ Aug 21 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats an actual statement by that guy? Your fucking kidding right? I really should start a cult. tongue.gif

He said that before he founded scientology, when he was a science fiction writer.

#42 Reaper

Reaper
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (redlion @ Aug 21 2008, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He said that before he founded scientology, when he was a science fiction writer.

And people still believe this man? Wow...

#43 Amagius

Amagius
  • 1117 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (Stryyp @ Aug 21 2008, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

/nothing else to add

In Austin, we have a Church of Scientology right beside our college campus. A couple of days ago, I saw the same thing going on--people with Guy Fawkes masks, a sign saying "Dangerous Cult Zone," shit like that. I was proud.

#44 Tyrealion

Tyrealion
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:45 AM

Definitely a cult... Which other religion copyrights their own books and persecutes anyone who even quotes a small section to criticise it?

#45 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (Tyrealion @ Aug 23 2008, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Definitely a cult... Which other religion copyrights their own books and persecutes anyone who even quotes a small section to criticise it?

None. Which is why they're not a religion.

#46 Rolf Lolren

Rolf Lolren
  • 820 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

Crock of shit.

#47 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:07 PM

Scientology is a cult. Dangerous? Sure, at least for middle class white people. Islam has a more widespread reach and its revival of fundamentalism 1950s on hasn't even reached its peak yet. Scientology is a foot note compared to the atrocities caused in the name of the Abrahamic religions, and although Christianity and Judaism have slowed down, I'm much more worried about those 3 religions than anything scientology will do. My only issue is that they don't tax the church of scientology despite it being a corporation.

#48 daemonacht

daemonacht
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:30 PM

Umm... I would have to say it is C. Fucked!. Have you read/ watched southpark about it?
Yes alien souls live in us "blah blah blah" and what? only rich people are in it? I think its to get out of taxes, stupid celebrities

#49 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:20 AM

Well, Parker and Stone make more sense than half the members of this board, so it's better than going of on one's own tagent.

#50 Amour

Amour
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (daemonacht @ Feb 25 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm... I would have to say it is C. Fucked!. Have you read/ watched southpark about it?
Yes alien souls live in us "blah blah blah" and what? only rich people are in it? I think its to get out of taxes, stupid celebrities

I thought that episode was pretty funny. Tom Cruise sued them for it.

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Feb 26 2009, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, Parker and Stone make more sense than half the members of this board, so it's better than going of on one's own tagent.

Yeah. They hark on every religion though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users