Photo

End of the world.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 Vitalis

Vitalis
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

(Google celebrates the end of the world! tongue.gif)

Has anyone seen the Google homepage?
http://www.google.com

#27 Reaper

Reaper
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (hungryhippo @ Sep 10 2008, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well it's over. It's been done smile.gif No hole in the time continuum and no exploding planet

Damn...I was hoping for something exciting to happen. Maybe I'll get lucky and get sucked into a black hole on my way to work! lol

#28 ROFLCopterz

ROFLCopterz
  • 471 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:35 PM

So do they have any new information on this?

#29 Alex

Alex
  • 6640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:03 PM

That was only a test run from what I heard

#30 hungryhippo

hungryhippo
  • 414 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:06 PM

Today the sent one full beam around the entire complex, which was a big deal. High energy particle collisions will start in october

#31 Reaper

Reaper
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (hungryhippo @ Sep 10 2008, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
High energy particle collisions will start in october

So I have to wait until October to be sucked up by a black hole while I'm on my way to work? Damn...

#32 Just Another User

Just Another User
  • 1586 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

lol, i'm sure it's been posted already but i'll confirm anyways...

This has been done before at lower speeds, and yielded no results. They keep fudging things in their theories that compensates for the experiment to require a faster collision and it keeps ending in the same way, nothing new proven tongue.gif They're basically looking for the "Higg particle" to prove existing theories are correct. The Higg particle is used in theories to explain where all the missing mass in the universe is held.

On to the black holes... mini blackholes are created naturally all the time and 'fizzle' out in next to no time. The chance of this experiment creating a significantly sized black hole to pose as any kind of threat is negligible. It's not quite as improbable as life existing on another planet besides our own (which my friends is as good as zero) but it's getting there...

Sooo sorry dudes but the world is here to stay for now wink.gif

Edited by Just Another User, 10 September 2008 - 09:46 PM.

#33 Reaper

Reaper
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (Just Another User @ Sep 10 2008, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On to the black holes... mini blackholes are created naturally all the time and 'fizzle' out in next to no time. The chance of this experiment creating a significantly sized black hole to pose as any kind of threat is negligible. It's not quite as improbable as life existing on another planet besides our own (which my friends is as good as zero) but it's getting there...

Damn, then I suppose I won't be getting out of work...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users