Quantcast

Photo

[#10136] You do not have permission to report the item you are attempting to report.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:09 PM

[#10136] You do not have permission to report the item you are attempting to report.

Apparently I can't report nubs anymore.

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:11 PM

Apparently I can't report nubs anymore.

lol
Yeah man the issue was brought up by Hobo. Dro is looking into it I can't figure out. Thanks for bringing it up bro. We can now see its an issue that affects many.

#3 ericcc

ericcc
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:13 PM

lol
Yeah man the issue was brought up by Hobo. Dro is looking into it I can't figure out. Thanks for bringing it up bro. We can now see its an issue that affects many.

Noit, what CAN you figure out?

#4 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:04 PM

How to keep a grubby Mexican's hands away from his phone?

#5 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:34 PM

How to ignore an unhelpful and utterly unnecessary comment?

Noit produces great products for the site and brings amazing success to the site. The guy is wildly intelligent so there is no question about his ability.

#6 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:37 PM

How to encourage newcomers to exercise their vigor where long-standing members may have lost their initial excitement for the site. He has been truly supportive of my interest in generating (hopefully) compelling site content, and I wouldn't doubt that he would be happy to do the same for anyone else who needed it.

Edited by jcrboy, 16 June 2009 - 07:38 PM.

#7 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:55 PM

Actually 3/4 of the year he fails at that too as he doesn't come onto the site. He's only ever active over summer and disappears for the rest of the year.

And your last statement is quite simply incorrect, although you haven't been here long enough to know that.

Guess I'll figure that out, then. Just relaying my personal experience

#8 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:00 PM

How to encourage newcomers to exercise their vigor where long-standing members may have lost their initial excitement for the site. He has been truly supportive of my interest in generating (hopefully) compelling site content, and I wouldn't doubt that he would be happy to do the same for anyone else who needed it.

Yeah man, you have been doing some really awesome work :). Keep it up!

Actually 3/4 of the year he fails at that too as he doesn't come onto the site. He's only ever active over summer and disappears for the rest of the year.

And your last statement is quite simply incorrect, although you haven't been here long enough to know that.

I disagree.

#9 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:08 PM

Guess I'll figure that out, then. Just relaying my personal experience

Ange is just a grumpy gills, don't fret about it.

#10 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:24 AM

BOO NOIT
WOO NOIT
BOO NOIT
WOO NOIT

#11 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:33 AM

Time always show who's right... so I guess that we're all just going to have to be its bitch to determine who is correct in their assessment. Not that it matters anyway, because opinions are a pain in the ass to change

#12 kuwaz

kuwaz
  • 1181 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:21 PM

Is it just or are people on codex a little too angry.
If you got life issues, quit bitching about it by taking it out on admins who actually have a life.

That's all I have to say.

Edited by channel_49, 05 July 2009 - 07:22 PM.

#13 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

Kitsun who put you in charge of deciding who's posts are worthwhile or not.

But hey this is just my opinion so don't be hating, bitch.

#14 kuwaz

kuwaz
  • 1181 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:48 PM

1. First time using the internet? People bitch. People have lives. These aren't mutually exclusive.
2. When you have nothing relevant to say, just don't say it. Your opinion has no relevance whatsoever. Your post sounds all very well (albeit unrealistic) out of context but unless you have an idea about what went on, don't reply.
3. So er, why bump a topic that's a couple weeks old to bitch about other people apparently having no life. Ironic really.
4. You're awfully close to admin ass kissing.
5. What's with all these stupid fucking disclaimers in signatures lately? (This one isn't entirely directed at you)

PMS? Have fun with that.

#15 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:54 PM

3. So er, why bump a topic that's a couple weeks old to bitch about other people apparently having no life. Ironic really.

The irony isn't in what he said, but rather how you proved his point exactly. People on codex are too angry. :)

#16 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:58 PM

My brain.

Gee whiz you really should calm down and listen to some softcore-rock to help.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWo35cWDsaI"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vWo35cWDsaI[/url]

#17 kuwaz

kuwaz
  • 1181 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:00 PM

Wow, I've never heard that before. What a new and original comeback.

My brain.

Why don't you just calm down and have some fun?
Whatever happened to that? You need to just chill out...

That comment I posted wasn't even targeted at you
so I don't even know why you're angry...

#18 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:01 PM

You don't have to be angry to bitch though :p That's my point.

Well yes, but it seems to be happening a lot lately, especially with the newer members. I actually want to keep members here, not scare them away.

The point is, I don't care if someone posts in a two week old topic. It's a good thing that they do because at least they're talking about something.

Secondly, the reason he posted this up was because he generally does not like forums because of the dynamics of them (we had a discussion about this on MSN last night). Also, defending someone doesn't constitute ass-kissing.

He wasn't in the wrong by posting something of his opinion in here.

#19 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:05 PM

WTF @ THIS THREAD FAILS.
Everyone is so mad, and eric's humorous sarcasm was taken WAY THE FUCK out of context. Kitsune, go take some midol. Channel, don't bump old threads. smh.

#20 kuwaz

kuwaz
  • 1181 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:07 PM

WTF @ THIS THREAD FAILS.
Everyone is so mad, and eric's humorous sarcasm was taken WAY THE FUCK out of context. Kitsune, go take some midol. Channel, don't bump old threads. smh.

Guess I should have just stfu and didn't say anything.

I'm not angry. It's just my opinion that your post was not needed in any way, shape or form. You decided to bump an old topic that had issues that had died down completely, and your post only brought it all back up again adding nothing at all.
And it's not the first time.

Don't bring up nick's post, he couldn't take some crit and got mad,
everything I said was constructive, read it over again and again, I actually
spent time writing something.

It's not me gravedigging posts, its because no one ever says anything here
anymore, and whenever someone does, it some hate message, and I'm really tired of it.

Anyways, I'm going to take the blame and so you can just STOP.

Edited by channel_49, 05 July 2009 - 08:10 PM.

#21 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:10 PM

I'm not angry. It's just my opinion that your post was not needed in any way, shape or form. You decided to bump an old topic that had issues that had died down completely, and your post only brought it all back up again adding nothing at all.
And it's not the first time.

It's called "chilling out". :p Sometimes you just need to adapt a laissez-faire attitude on forums until people are breaking some serious rules. This is why we're not as active as some communities -- we are constantly referred to as "too strict" (according to people on various other sites :( ).

WTF @ THIS THREAD FAILS.

I don't really see the big deal though. :/ It's two weeks old (not two years!).

Comments can either be ignored or acknowledged by people, but they need not be shut out from the site completely unless it's something utterly ridiculous and they're doing it for posts or something.

#22 kuwaz

kuwaz
  • 1181 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:14 PM

Yes, and this guy has been doing exactly that - unnecessary negative posts in new member topics. That's why we haven't exactly hit it off.
Normally I'd agree - posting in an old topic - not really a problem. But it should at least be a useful comment to make, and not shit stirring. Opinions are fine, but restarting old problems is just stupid.

Defending someone isn't ass kissing, but saying admins have a life while those who have problems with those admins don't, is ass kissing in my view.

Drop it PLEASE? My bad for posting here, and put me on ignore,
so everyone can get along? Thanks.

#23 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:16 PM

Alright. I think it's best if this topic is just closed for now. :D

#24 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:37 PM

A big deal out of something really small. Just ignore it if you don't like it. No reason to get worked up and make me and SL do all this extra work <_<.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users