• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:45 PM

Yes, we blocked it in the ACP to prevent people from showing themselves as coming from Neocodex. This is a quick fix to just passing it through the annonym.to service which I'll write later. I think we can just use the badword filter for that (should be easy enough). I'll try to get that done today then. I need to check if it will work for images as well as otherwise the badword option wont work.

I notice that it didn't parse the above link into something clickable. That's fine if users have to copy and paste it to access the page. It's for their own safety anyway.

Thanks for testing this Kitsune :). +rep :D.

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:27 PM

Dro when you get to the hook let me know I have to install loc_ref and image php files. Also want to run the check in PM's and signatures. That's a very common place for neopet images/links.

#3 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:51 PM

It seems like anonym.to wont work with images so we can't use that for badwords. For now we'll just block the link posting. I've submitted a bug report to remind me later to get to this. I'll let you know :).

#4 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:12 PM

I don't understand hooks yet fully. But dro will be presenting on that tomorow. loc_ref for links and images will be back soon. And this time better then before as it will cover all possible areas.

#5 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:53 PM

I definitely agree with making users copy and paste it to protect from codex showing as the referring site, but there's a lot of things that require neopet links. Like my avatar topics as one example. I went to update them, and I can't put the image in, or the link to how to get it. There's no point in a lot of guides if you can't put links in.

Just go back to the loc_ref solution or make all links show up like text rather than a link. Blocking it completely on a site that caters to neopet enthusiasts is not wise.

I have been talking with Noit about this, which is why I made the topic.

Yeah, this is just a temporary solution until we can write the hook. I'll be presenting on it this weekend like Noit said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users