Want to program with us?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#76 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:43 AM

Sneaky :shifty:. You should read those tutorials though to understand the small nuances that come up with programming. It will make your style better also. They are just a good read and probably will only take you a day or less.

I did go back and read them, about the time I was half way through the KAD Feeder, waiting on Noit for the networking part.

But, they wouldnt have done me any good to read them first....Wouldnt understand ANYTHING it in XD. When I whent back, I recognized it all, and learned a little bit :)

#77 LittleOne

LittleOne
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:18 AM

that the problem i am having i read the tutorial and it goes straight over my head

#78 neoshaded

neoshaded
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

that the problem i am having i read the tutorial and it goes straight over my head

I've just started to learn python and I've found that by first reading how to do something, writing up the code, the explaining how it's done via comments is a great way to learn. :)

#79 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

I've just started to learn python and I've found that by first reading how to do something, writing up the code, the explaining how it's done via comments is a great way to learn. :)

Posted Image

#80 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:16 PM

Posted Image

Roflamo!

#81 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:10 PM

Hmmm,in our summer vacation..Starting July 1st..Can I get a tutor in programming here and possibly join the team?I don't know any background yet though but Im very interested because Im pretty sure it will be useful during my university years.

#82 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:19 PM

Hmmm,in our summer vacation..Starting July 1st..Can I get a tutor in programming here and possibly join the team?I don't know any background yet though but Im very interested because Im pretty sure it will be useful during my university years.

Bill Gates already knows how to program.

#83 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:20 PM

I've programmed very heavily in Java and have fooled around in Python. I think Python would be a cool new language to learn and this would give me an excuse to learn it. Therefore, if you still want a junior programmer, I'd be interested to know more about the job

#84 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:22 PM

Wow, a gravedig instantly generates interest while it was lacking before... Interesting.

#85 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:28 PM

Wow, a gravedig instantly generates interest while it was lacking before... Interesting.

well i wasn't there before Posted Image

#86 arthritis

arthritis
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:19 AM

well, i got kinda excited when i saw this, until i noticed the date -.-

is there any other opportunities to pick up programming here?

#87 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:32 AM

I'm sure there will be more availability once the current team fleshes out (aka I learn how to fucking program) and the admins come back from hiatus.

#88 weke

weke
  • 456 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:45 AM

Everybody interested: Make sure you get Python 2.5.

If it's not 2.5, you won't be able to use the Python Required Files, and subsequently you won't be able to program anything for us. :/

(Oaken you will need this if you're getting ActivePython: http://downloads.act...4-win32-x86.msi )

can it be Python 2.5.# ?

#89 arthritis

arthritis
  • 999 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:49 AM

I'm sure there will be more availability once the current team fleshes out (aka I learn how to fucking program) and the admins come back from hiatus.

alright will definitely be looking forward to that :)

#90 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:03 AM

yeah i just saw this thread and i was like wtf awesome

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users