• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#51 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:35 AM

Oh i get where met's coming from argue. He's using the public version of abrosia which doesn't allow them to change the pause settings.

What are your wait times like met on your gm? Like after finding item how much do you wait before going to grab the item? Then once on haggle page how much do you wait before you submit?

Limited edition is right with that trunk mirros etc example lol funny one there le.

His does other stuff in the middle of refreshing.

#52 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:30 AM

Oh i get where met's coming from argue. He's using the public version of abrosia which doesn't allow them to change the pause settings.

What are your wait times like met on your gm? Like after finding item how much do you wait before going to grab the item? Then once on haggle page how much do you wait before you submit?

Limited edition is right with that trunk mirros etc example lol funny one there le.

His does other stuff in the middle of refreshing.

I don't use any pause times lol, I've been using my autobuyer for nearly a week now, in magic and stamp.

I get ALOT of MP's and stamps.

How about a test Argue, see who can get the most MP's without getting frozen.

#53 Limited Edition

Limited Edition
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:14 AM

Without getting frozen?

That's not a test of speed.
That's a test of settings.

In the end abrosia would win because it can still speed up to get the optimal settings for always getting a buy and being outside the border of getting frozen. It would be at a superhuman setting.
You're already going as fast as you can and that's a speedy human setting.

Another example:
The Incredibles. Dash is in a foot race. He's not going as fast as he could because it would look suspicious. However the person he's racing against is running as hard as he can which is still pretty fast. If Dash wanted to win everytime he could do it easily. The people he's racing against can't do anything but try their best and hope Dash let's them win one.
The other kids might win one or two times but it doesn't really mean they're faster.

Edited by Limited Edition, 29 September 2009 - 10:21 AM.

#54 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:24 AM

My point was not a test of sheer speed, I already said Abrosia is faster.

My point is, that because with a GM autobuyer and the user element. I can go as fast as I like and not get frozen.

Yes, Abrosia can go faster.. but it can't go as fast as my GM autobuyer at the moment, without getting frozen.

Jesus, doesn't anyone read my posts?

Edited by Metigue, 29 September 2009 - 09:33 PM.

#55 Limited Edition

Limited Edition
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:48 AM

But you can't go as fast as you like and not get frozen.

You're going as fast as you can and haven't gotten frozen yet. You've only been using it for a week. That's not enough time to conclude anything about the freeze rate

I guess my GM AB is faster than yours since I have to use timeouts otherwise it would go too fast.

#56 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:18 PM

But you can't go as fast as you like and not get frozen.

You're going as fast as you can and haven't gotten frozen yet. You've only been using it for a week. That's not enough time to conclude anything about the freeze rate

I guess my GM AB is faster than yours since I have to use timeouts otherwise it would go too fast.

Well my fastest buy so far is 0.839 seconds and thats including page load time.

And I would say that with a GM autobuyer, aslong as you use it right, you can go as fast as you like, so long as you don't get to the point where it becomes completely inhuman, (under 0.6 seconds)

#57 xZel

xZel
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:47 PM

BTW metigue your using a multitabbed gm script? you wrote that?

#58 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:04 PM

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if anyone's arguing about this, shouldn't SLinky be involved? O_o Otherwise, I agree with Joe

I hate arguing. :p If there's something I should be adding to Abrosia to make it better, I'll probably add it eventually.

#59 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

Well my fastest buy so far is 0.839 seconds and thats including page load time.

And I would say that with a GM autobuyer, aslong as you use it right, you can go as fast as you like, so long as you don't get to the point where it becomes completely inhuman, (under 0.6 seconds)

What User Element? There is nothing different between Abrosia and GM when it comes to what neopets see's...

I hate arguing. :p If there's something I should be adding to Abrosia to make it better, I'll probably add it eventually.

You and Hydro with your, "I hate arguing" stuff. You guys should learn to enjoy it.

#60 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:55 PM

Are you serious met?? 0 ms pause before everything??

#61 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:14 PM

Are you serious met?? 0 ms pause before everything??

Well yeah. He still has to wait on the page to load and everything before buying. Abrosia HAS to wait because otherwise it would post in a few ms. We wait so that way it looks like we are loading the page, and reading the information.

#62 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

Well yeah. He still has to wait on the page to load and everything before buying. Abrosia HAS to wait because otherwise it would post in a few ms. We wait so that way it looks like we are loading the page, and reading the information.

I still buy in a few ms, and I'm talking about the user element. As in the user actually being able to stop the script and go and play games and things, without having to logout etc.

or perhaps the user can rs something and post the buy on the rs & chat boards, thats why using GM you can avoid getting frozen with like 0.69 second buys.

And I have a single shop buyer, that I have just added auto shop changing every 30 - 90 minutes (random) to

I also have a multi-tab autobuyer, that thanks to Argue I rethunk the way it refreshed, it used to refresh one shop, do the wait time, refresh second shop etc.

Now it does the wait time, refreshes one, waits 1 - 2 seconds, refreshes second, 1 - 2, third, then does the wait time again.

#63 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:52 PM

I still buy in a few ms, and I'm talking about the user element. As in the user actually being able to stop the script and go and play games and things, without having to logout etc.

or perhaps the user can rs something and post the buy on the rs & chat boards, thats why using GM you can avoid getting frozen with like 0.69 second buys.

And I have a single shop buyer, that I have just added auto shop changing every 30 - 90 minutes (random) to

I also have a multi-tab autobuyer, that thanks to Argue I rethunk the way it refreshed, it used to refresh one shop, do the wait time, refresh second shop etc.

Now it does the wait time, refreshes one, waits 1 - 2 seconds, refreshes second, 1 - 2, third, then does the wait time again.

Noit owned me... So I cant continue this argument anymore :(

#64 xZel

xZel
  • 463 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

Sounds very nice. I actually downloaded webkit and was going to write my own web browser that did that. I might start that up agian. Yours sounds pretty sweet. Btw what OCR are you using?

Either that or I might finally convert my greasemonkey aber to a firefox addon.

#65 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:26 PM

Sounds very nice. I actually downloaded webkit and was going to write my own web browser that did that. I might start that up agian. Yours sounds pretty sweet. Btw what OCR are you using?

Either that or I might finally convert my greasemonkey aber to a firefox addon.

I based my ocr/haggle on Laser's old version that got leaked (<3 you laser) lol but I changed a few things and made it faster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users