• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:17 PM

http://www.ebaumswor...watch/80761028/

Edited by iargue, 28 September 2009 - 01:17 PM.

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:33 PM

Sounds like a good bill, those people should be thankful that the state wants to help the residents when it comes to SWINE FLU! :sarcasm:

#3 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:08 PM

Wow..um...yeah

Makes me ashamed I was born there T__T

#4 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:17 PM

Sounds like a good bill, those people should be thankful that the state wants to help the residents when it comes to SWINE FLU! :sarcasm:

Thanks for the sarcasm tag :)

#5 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:18 PM

Thanks for the sarcasm tag :)

I'd never agree with it, doing this over something no more serious then the normal flu is stupid, like the State is scared of it for some reason.

#6 turdo

turdo
  • 126 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:23 PM

Fox "news" is so great.

#7 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:24 PM

It's not that big of a deal. I'm sure this is one of those "just in case" measures and it'll never be used. I honestly don't mind it when people are forced to be vaccinated. H1N1 is not a big deal, but if something worse than that comes up and threatens a country, I think they have every right to call for a state of emergency.

#8 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:35 PM

I'd never agree with it, doing this over something no more serious then the normal flu is stupid, like the State is scared of it for some reason.

Blame the retarded WHO. There screaming pandemic right now.

#9 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:44 PM

I can't see why it's pandemic, at least where I am, back when H1N1 was a scare, there were like TWO reported deaths in Alberta, ans there was some sort of condition to their deaths, like they were ill before they caught the flu or they were old and already dying as it is.

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:45 PM

Because it is pandemic.
Pandemic =! serious health risk.

#11 xZel

xZel
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:14 PM

For the people who don't understand this, Swine Flu isn't very deadly but it can be. If it mutates into a more deadly flu virus, we could be seeing a epidemic as big as the flu of 1918. If everyone was vaccinated, there is a such a smaller chance of a mutation and then possible outbreak of this disease. Not getting vaccinated is like all the stupid parents in California who aren't having their children vaccinated for mumps or measles and now theres been outbreaks of both in places where this practice is common. It not only threatens the stupid people who aren't vaccinated, but it makes an incubator for people who aren't stupid and may get it later.

#12 MaidenOfMercy

MaidenOfMercy
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:21 PM

This should not be something the government has control over. It doesn't matter what the situation is. The gov't should not be able to stick a damn needle in my arm if I don't want them to EVER.

That said, if H1N1 was a serious risk, I'd get a vaccination. But when and if I want to do it is my decision alone.

#13 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:02 PM

For the people who don't understand this, Swine Flu isn't very deadly but it can be. If it mutates into a more deadly flu virus, we could be seeing a epidemic as big as the flu of 1918. If everyone was vaccinated, there is a such a smaller chance of a mutation and then possible outbreak of this disease. Not getting vaccinated is like all the stupid parents in California who aren't having their children vaccinated for mumps or measles and now theres been outbreaks of both in places where this practice is common. It not only threatens the stupid people who aren't vaccinated, but it makes an incubator for people who aren't stupid and may get it later.

If this was true, then we at least one damn strain of flu would have mutated into something deadly. This is a virus that operates the same damn way the same damn time. It doesn't change. Ever. Swine flu is slightly different because it came from a different animal. But other then that, its exactly the same then other swine flu virus's, all of which did not mutate, at all, and all of which are still succeptible to the EXACT SAME ANTIVIRUS.

This should not be something the government has control over. It doesn't matter what the situation is. The gov't should not be able to stick a damn needle in my arm if I don't want them to EVER.

That said, if H1N1 was a serious risk, I'd get a vaccination. But when and if I want to do it is my decision alone.

This.

#14 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:49 AM

Okay fine. They don't stick a "damn needle" in your arm. I think they have the right to quarantine you if you walk around becoming a health risk to the entire population. I'd hate for even just hundreds of people to get infected and potentially die because people are too stuck on their "don't tread on me" attitudes. This isn't about you or your rights. This is about the rights of the entire population to remain healthy and keep their lives.

And once again, this isn't really just about swine flu. Say we have a breakout of the bubonic plague which in the past killed 1/3 of Europe's population. This is a new strain and it's drug resistant and very hard to treat. Say we got a vaccine for it and the situation has gotten so bad that the government said that they're going to make it mandatory that people get a vaccination just like they made it for polio. Why would you refuse that? Do you WANT a deadly infection?

#15 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:20 AM

Okay fine. They don't stick a "damn needle" in your arm. I think they have the right to quarantine you if you walk around becoming a health risk to the entire population. I'd hate for even just hundreds of people to get infected and potentially die because people are too stuck on their "don't tread on me" attitudes. This isn't about you or your rights. This is about the rights of the entire population to remain healthy and keep their lives.

And once again, this isn't really just about swine flu. Say we have a breakout of the bubonic plague which in the past killed 1/3 of Europe's population. This is a new strain and it's drug resistant and very hard to treat. Say we got a vaccine for it and the situation has gotten so bad that the government said that they're going to make it mandatory that people get a vaccination just like they made it for polio. Why would you refuse that? Do you WANT a deadly infection?

The government can already quarantine..... Now they want to force vaccinations on us (Which some cant do because they are allergic)

#16 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:43 AM

The government can already quarantine..... Now they want to force vaccinations on us (Which some cant do because they are allergic)

I highly doubt the government will force people to take them when it poses a health risk like that. Got any other excuse?

#17 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:43 AM

Individual quarantine is not always effective if it's an epidemic. By the time someone realizes they have the illness, they may have spread it to hundreds or thousands of other people. To be effective, in addition to quarantine, you would have to institute a shutdown of schools and large workplaces, mandate mask wearing, and ban all public gatherings if things became bad enough (see 1918 Spanish Flu). I would consider mandatory vaccinations (exceptions for people too sick/allergic/religious reasons as with all vaccinations) at this point far less of an infringement of rights than a societal shutdown.

But if they mandated swine flu vaccines tomorrow, I'd be pretty pissed off. It's the moronic idea that in a bad/unclear situation, doing anything, even if you know it's the wrong thing, is better than doing nothing. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. [/Men in Black]

#18 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:06 AM

I highly doubt the government will force people to take them when it poses a health risk like that. Got any other excuse?

The bill says they have a list of people with vaccinations, and they will force others to take it. I doubt they will first run tests on them before they give them the shot.

And, I dont need any excuses. This is WAY more power then fucking government ever needs. If you want to live or die is up to you, not the government.

#19 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:11 AM

The bill says they have a list of people with vaccinations, and they will force others to take it. I doubt they will first run tests on them before they give them the shot.

And, I dont need any excuses. This is WAY more power then fucking government ever needs. If you want to live or die is up to you, not the government.

Whether you infect others unnecessarily or not should not be up to you and it's just selfish.

#20 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:18 AM

Whether you infect others unnecessarily or not should not be up to you and it's just selfish.

No, because the only people without vaccinations are the ones WHO CHOOSE NOT TO. So, its not anyones fault if they get affected.

#21 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:38 AM

No, because the only people without vaccinations are the ones WHO CHOOSE NOT TO. So, its not anyones fault if they get affected.

Vaccinations only come in limited supplies. Let me state a cases like the MMR vaccine. A study which was later proven to be false showed that autism may have been caused by the MMR vaccine. Several parents chose not to vaccinate their children because of that study. These children happened to contract mumps but for the most part they were fine. The problem is, they also infected those who were older than the vaccine. They were unable to get the vaccine at the time. Because doctors had no idea how to treat mumps or rather, even look for it, many of the infected we unable to get proper care. Throughout Europe as memory serves about 100 people died or got encephalitis (which can cause brain damage) because these parents did not immunize their children properly. Every year there are not enough flu vaccines to immunize the entire population so they recommend only certain groups get them such as the elderly, small children, or people working with those groups. Even with the vaccine, it is not always ensured that people won't get the flu, however it is lessened by a lot. By not getting the vaccine while you had the opportunity to do so, you risk infecting those who were unable to get it for various reasons.

Just keep your mind off of the flu since the H1N1 virus really isn't that bad. If anything else happened that was worse it's really the best for the entire population if people get immunized. The government would not need to do this if people would have the common sense to get immunized themselves.

#22 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:08 PM

Vaccinations only come in limited supplies. Let me state a cases like the MMR vaccine. A study which was later proven to be false showed that autism may have been caused by the MMR vaccine. Several parents chose not to vaccinate their children because of that study. These children happened to contract mumps but for the most part they were fine. The problem is, they also infected those who were older than the vaccine. They were unable to get the vaccine at the time. Because doctors had no idea how to treat mumps or rather, even look for it, many of the infected we unable to get proper care. Throughout Europe as memory serves about 100 people died or got encephalitis (which can cause brain damage) because these parents did not immunize their children properly. Every year there are not enough flu vaccines to immunize the entire population so they recommend only certain groups get them such as the elderly, small children, or people working with those groups. Even with the vaccine, it is not always ensured that people won't get the flu, however it is lessened by a lot. By not getting the vaccine while you had the opportunity to do so, you risk infecting those who were unable to get it for various reasons.

Just keep your mind off of the flu since the H1N1 virus really isn't that bad. If anything else happened that was worse it's really the best for the entire population if people get immunized. The government would not need to do this if people would have the common sense to get immunized themselves.

Okay? So you proved my point? The people who didnt want the vaccination got infected? I mean, if you saying, some people didnt get it because their wasnt enough, how where the people who's kids got infected going to get it? Magic?

#23 AsheAshley

AsheAshley
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:18 PM

They don't know the long term effects of the vaccine yet, so it's not safe currently. :unsure:

#24 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:19 PM

They don't know the long term effects of the vaccine yet, so it's not safe currently. :unsure:

Yes they do... We have been using this vaccination for years...

#25 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:59 PM

iargue, people without the vaccine cause the virus to remain alive. The longer it remains in a population, the higher the chance of mutation. Look at smallpox. The disease was completely wiped out because governments mandated vaccinations. Polio is no longer in North America because the government mandated vaccinations. It is in the government's best interest to keep its populations healthy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users