Photo

Dirty fucking scum.

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#26 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:45 AM

Crazy people are available in all sorts and sizes, I hate the fact that it just happens to be a muslim, so that it's advertised in that way.

Chances are he didn't do it for his religion you know.

#27 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:48 AM

As much as this is a terrible and tragic incident, I appreciate the amount of restraint some of you are showing whilst posting - the fact that you guys are refraining from using profanity brings a new, mature level to these posts.

#28 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:50 AM

Not so much politically correct as dumb. Not all black people come from Africa :/

Well fine, in America sometimes calling a black guy..a black guy sounds less 'right' then calling him African American.
On job applications, government forms or any paperwork you would see "African American" rather then "Black" for a choice.

#29 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:18 AM

When the news first reported this, they were saying Hasan had been killed. Now he's in stable condition. And I'm glad, because maybe we'll get some sort of motive now other than the fact that the guy is a crybaby moron.

Yes, here in Texas we loves our death penalty. Yeeeeehawww! *shoots guns in celebration*

I saw a woman on the news who said, "I wish his name was Smith." And I do too. Because fucking idiots like this guy make everyone of Middle Eastern decent look like jackasses. And it really sucks, because ignorant Americans are going to take it out on Arab gas station owners all across this nation.

Remind yourselves that extreemists, of any religion or race, are a poison to the prospect of ever living in peace. You have activists for the rights of black people who don't give a squat about injustices done to hispanics or women of other races. You have Christians that murder doctors that perform abortions. You have Muslims that kill their own daughters because they got their tongue pierced. White college guys beating up some little homo and hanging him on a fence just because he was a knobgobbler. Stupid people are everywhere. So stupid shit is going to happen all the time.

#30 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:11 AM

the refrain from profanity

That means "the song from profanity"... :p

#31 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:23 AM

That means "the song from profanity"... :p

Fixed ;P

You caught my drift anyway.

#32 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:42 AM

On job applications, government forms or any paperwork you would see "African American" rather then "Black" for a choice.

Not over here, most of the time you see a heading of "Black or Black British" and the choice of "Caribbean", "African" or "Any other black background".

#33 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:14 PM

QFT

My stepdad put it perfectly today,
"Those fucking -insert racial slur here- get what they want from us and stab us in the back."
It's sad because I have muslim friends and their not fucking moronic and out to kill every American walking. At the same time it's almost hard to trust anyone of middle eastern decent because who knows, they might have been through a "Kill all Americans" training course in their youth.

That's like saying because that one guy that blew up that building in Omaha it's going to be hard to trust anyone that's white. Or the kids at Columbine. They probably went through bomb development classes as kids.

Based on individuals you can't judge a community.

This event is sad nonetheless.

#34 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:30 AM

Calling someone black isn't offensive, it's just African American is more politically correct :).

That's assuming that they're of American and of African desecent which is ignorant and bigoted. African-American is subjectively racist and used by people who are secretly racist and trying to prove their not racist.

#35 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:35 AM

That's assuming that they're of American and of African desecent which is ignorant and bigoted. African-American is subjectively racist and used by people who are secretly racist and trying to prove their not racist.

Well, if you are filling out any government or official forms that asks for your ethnicity, then you are bound to see the words "black" or "African American"....,so I guess in that way the government is inherently all racist.

#36 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:42 AM

To tell you the truth, I really don't care where the fuck they come from. If they are black (whether or not they are african american or from..africa) they are still either black or african american to me. I'm not gonna go up to them "Howdy sir, blah blah where are you from blah blah blah. Some idiot on some website blah blah blah".

If someone is japanese and I accidently think they are Korean does that make me racist?

#37 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:45 AM

To tell you the truth, I really don't care where the fuck they come from. If they are black (whether or not they are african american or from..africa) they are still either black or african american to me. I'm not gonna go up to them "Howdy sir, blah blah where are you from blah blah blah. Some idiot on some website blah blah blah".

If someone is japanese and I accidently think they are Korean does that make me racist?

Yes, you are a racist. You are ignorant and bigoted.

#38 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:50 AM

I'd imagine calling them the N word is better?

#39 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:51 AM

I really hope your joking at this point.

#40 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:56 AM

Well I guess you can't expect Americans to understand. (Yes, well at least not the white ones.)

#41 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:57 AM

Funny. When I meet someone I ask where they are from. Then I can call them American, British, etc. Skin color and racism is the most annoying thing that I hear. Like what the hell does me being black have to do with anything? Shit, that just means my skin absorbs more heat than most peoples (and not even a lot more cause I'm more of an mocha color).

So basically I'm just saying we should drop this race/skin color, issue, because it doesn't belong on a board about tragedy. Make your own board about it.

Anyways, I think it also sucks because the day of they were saying his motive was because Obama was shipping him back out, instead of keeping him here. When people hear this, it will make the President seem even worse in some people's eyes because they are too dimwitted to actually know how war works.

#42 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:58 AM

Well I guess you can't expect Americans to understand. (Yes, well at least not the white ones.)

Your right. Its only white americans who ever judge people by the color of their skin. No one else in the world does this.

#43 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:58 AM

Are you mad because you missed tea time?

#44 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:59 AM

Funny. When I meet someone I ask where they are from. Then I can call them American, British, etc. Skin color and racism is the most annoying thing that I hear. Like what the hell does me being black have to do with anything? Shit, that just means my skin absorbs more heat than most peoples (and not even a lot more cause I'm more of an mocha color).

So basically I'm just saying we should drop this race/skin color, issue, because it doesn't belong on a board about tragedy. Make your own board about it.

Anyways, I think it also sucks because the day of they were saying his motive was because Obama was shipping him back out, instead of keeping him here. When people hear this, it will make the President seem even worse in some people's eyes because they are too dimwitted to actually know how war works.

Your skin absorbs less heat. L2beblack.

#45 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:00 PM

Your skin absorbs less heat. L2beblack.

Can I learn from you then?

#46 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

Can I learn from you then?

No. I'm not black. Native American. Though... I did go to a 73% black High school.

Alright. Lets get this started.

1)People are scared of you naturally. Use that to your advantage.

2)Dont wear pants over your boxers, the lower your pants hang, the cooler you are.

3)If you need to call someone you don't know, use "Hey White Kid" then immediately play the racist card on anything he says or does, regardless of what it is.

Now. If you want to go the less stereotypical way... I don't have any experience in this. I've never met one who didnt act like this. So, contact Obama for pointers!

#47 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:12 PM

No. I'm not black. Native American. Though... I did go to a 73% black High school.

Alright. Lets get this started.

1)People are scared of you naturally. Use that to your advantage.

2)Dont wear pants over your boxers, the lower your pants hang, the cooler you are.

3)If you need to call someone you don't know, use "Hey White Kid" then immediately play the racist card on anything he says or does, regardless of what it is.

Now. If you want to go the less stereotypical way... I don't have any experience in this. I've never met one who didnt act like this. So, contact Obama for pointers!

Well you met me. I pick up a ton of shit for "acting white", which is weird because I never knew you could act a skin color.

In response:

1) most people aren't scared of me, I don't know why. I should act more threatening

2) I don't wear boxers. Boxer briefs. I can't let my pants hang low, muscular thighs and regular fit levi's while wearing a belt would never match.

3) I call people sir or ma'am depending on their gender. And If I am a bit gender confused I will just say excuse me. I'm not sure about this race card.

I get an F on being gangster black :sorry:

#48 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:14 PM

Your right. Its only white americans who ever judge people by the color of their skin. No one else in the world does this.

I was being purposely ironic, obviously you missed that.

Are you mad because you missed tea time?

Yes I was too busy wanking over the 9/11 attacks.

#49 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:23 PM

Well you met me. I pick up a ton of shit for "acting white", which is weird because I never knew you could act a skin color.

In response:

1) most people aren't scared of me, I don't know why. I should act more threatening

2) I don't wear boxers. Boxer briefs. I can't let my pants hang low, muscular thighs and regular fit levi's while wearing a belt would never match.

3) I call people sir or ma'am depending on their gender. And If I am a bit gender confused I will just say excuse me. I'm not sure about this race card.

I get an F on being gangster black :sorry:

1)Act like you have a gun on you at all times. Infact, get one!
2)Get bigger pants
3)Stop being so damn nice :(
4)Urban Dictionary. Learn it. Love it

#50 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:11 PM

It's hard to pinpoint what's the most shocking thing about Army Maj. Malik Nadal Hasan's shooting rampage in Fort Hood, Texas.

I'll start with this: There's nothing all that groundbreaking about it. It happens all the time, it's just that we're a nation of amnesiacs who forget all the unpleasantries and refuse to learn the valuable lessons.

Fort Hood is located in Killeen, Texas -- where one of the deadliest rampage-shootings in American history took place in 1991, when an unemployed ex-Navy enlistee, George Hennard Jr., crashed his pickup into a popular cafeteria, pulled out two handguns (Hasan also used two handguns), and killed 23 people before taking his own life.

The day before the massacre, Hennard was eating a hamburger in a local restaurant watching the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings and, according to the manager, "When an interview with Anita Hill came on, he just went off. He started screaming, ‘You dumb bitch! You bastards opened the door for all the women!' "

So yesterday's Fort Hood shooting isn't the worst, or most deranged, mass killing in Killeen's history -- not by a longshot. The mainstream media is enabling the screaming about the Muslim traitors in our midst, but Hasan killed far fewer Americans than the white, racist Hennard. And they were bested by the federal government in nearby Waco, in 1993, when federal forces slaughtered 75 men, women and children at the Branch Davidian compound.

But in what may seem like a strange coincidence, Hasan and Killeen are connected to another American shooting rampage.

Killeen held the record for America's worst shooting massacre until 2007, when Virginia Tech student Seung-Hui Cho shot and killed 33 fellow students. Hasan graduated from Virginia Tech in 1997.

Both Hasan and Cho were bullied and harassed -- Hasan's cousin told reporters that after 9/11, his military comrades regularly abused him, calling him "camel jockey." But the cousin insisted that Hasan's opposition to the war didn't grow out of the bullying, but rather from the stories he heard while interning as a psychiatric counselor to veterans from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Hasan had even hired an attorney to try to come to a settlement with the government and leave the service, but it wouldn't settle and instead forced him to deploy. He apparently fought it up to the day before his deployment -- and instead of going to the war, he brought the war to the U.S. military.

As is often the case, the wrong lesson was learned, and the solution was more guns and more militarization of society: after the Virginia Tech massacre in 2007, a pro-gun student group formed and called for the arming of as many students as possible. The group is called Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, and today it claims over 40,000 members on over 363 campuses.

Likewise in 1991, after the Killeen shootings, the state of Texas responded by enacting a law freeing up gun owners to carry concealed weapons. Gov. George W. Bush signed the law as in 1995, and in 2008, it was he who signed the first federal gun-control law in 13 years, after the Virginia Tech massacre.

So Hasan, whose parents came to the U.S. from Palestine, had plenty of personal connections to "Made in the USA" violence and massacres; and yet there's a frantic attempt to make him out to be a crazy Muslim monster hell-bent on killing Americans.

Why would he need to take inspiration just from them when Americans already provided so many excellent examples of how to mass murder fellow Americans?

Fort Hood, the largest military base in America, has seen its share of violence as well. For one thing, it holds the record for most soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan -- 685 so far -- and although we don't know the figures, it's reasonable to assume that Fort Hood is responsible for a sizable percentage of the thousands killed in those countries since America invaded them.

Over the same period, 75 soldiers have committed suicide at Fort Hood, 10 in 2009 -- the highest of any base. In one weekend in 2005, two soldiers, who had returned from Iraq, killed themselves in separate incidents. Last year, in something right out of Full Metal Jacket, Spc. Jody Michael Wirawan, 21, of the 1st Cavalry Division,shot and killed his lieutenant, and then killed himself when police arrived.

And life in Killeen isn't much nicer: It has one of the nation's lowest median incomes and highest crime rates. Earlier this year, a 20-year-old Fort Hood soldier was killed by a Killeen cop who claimed he killed the man after being dragged underneath his SUV. The soldier's mother filed a lawsuit claiming that the cop was notoriously out of control and violent and that he had shot her son while the car was pulled over.

All of this violence and despair led Fort Hood's commander, Lt. Gen. Rick Lynch, to build a post-traumatic stress disorder complex called the Resiliency Campus, featuring a Spiritual Fitness Center for soldiers to meditate, and a Cognitive Enhancement Assistance Center. As though a spiritual fitness workout routine could resolve the underlying cause of why a Resiliency Campus was built in the first place.

If the government really were concerned about all the suicides and PTSD cases, it could have prevented Hasan's deadly mission before it happened. It would have been easy: Hasan had pleaded with his superiors not to be sent to Iraq, where he was scheduled to be deployed, but his requests were denied.

Right-wing bloggers such as Michelle Malkin, and some mainstream outlets, have seized on reports emerging that Hasan supposedly voiced opinions sympathetic to suicide bombers.

But if he was an al-Qaida sleeper-cell suicide bomber, it makes no sense why he would, a) argue with fellow soldiers that the wars are wrong and we should withdraw; and b) that he tried to get out of being deployed to Iraq. The 9/11 terrorists did their best to "blend in" and pretend they were as American as apple pie, because the point is not to draw any attention to yourself if you're a terrorist planning to suicide bomb a military base.

Moreover, the timing of his shooting, the day before he was to be sent off, shows that his desperation had reached the limit. What this suggests is that the massacre could have been avoided if Hasan's objections were taken into account.

Hasan's opposition to the Iraq and Afghanistan wars puts him where the majority of Americans are today. And he's not the first soldier at Fort Hood to protest the war. Desertion rates have soared since the Iraq invasion, and Fort Hood has had some high-profile objectors making the news this year, such as Spc. Victor Agosto, who was court-martialed in August after he refused to go to Afghanistan, and Sgt. Travis Bishop, who filed for conscientious objector status after serving in Iraq for 14 months.

Fort Hood was famous as the site of one of the first protests against the Vietnam War in 1965, when the so-called Fort Hood Threerefused to be shipped off on the grounds that the war was wrong and illegal.

Three years later, the movement expanded: hundreds of African-American GIs protested plans to deploy them to the 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago, and 43 were court-martialed. It was a heroic act: U.S. troops and cops staged one of the bloodiest police-on-citizen episodes in modern history.

In 1971, the Fort Hood United Front, made up of soldiers from the base, marched into Killeen even though the city refused to grant them a permit; hundreds were arrested.

Today, if you read through some of the forums out of Fort Hood, the anti-war mood is clearly strong and clearly a problem for the authorities. So they'll do their best to paint Hasan as a Muslim loon. The right wing has been trying for years now to equate opposition to the wars with pro-terrorist, anti-American sentiment, and by the poll numbers today, that would make most Americans anti-American terrorists.

You can already see the dark, rank heart of the American Soul in anonymous messages posted on underground right-wing sites such as Free Republic, a few of which are posted below:

Why is anyone surprised?

We already have a DIRTY MOSLEM TRAITOR in the Oval Office.

What's one more moslem piece of garbage?

[Quoting a previous posting] **If you are Islamic, you may not serve in our military. Period.**

I'm getting closer to:

If you are Islamic, you may not serve in our military live in this country.

Period.

I'm getting closer to:

If you are Islamic, you may not live.

The story is still fresh, and there's a lot we don't know, and there are still a lot of conflicting reports and confusion.

Since Hasan will be tried in a military court, the American public will only learn whatever the military wants us to learn. And to a nation slipping deeper into its own amnesiac fog, the last thing we want to learn are the painful, threatening truths.

http://www.alternet....ort_hood_killer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users