Photo

Guys..

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Rambo

Rambo
  • 833 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:30 PM

Now, not sure if the topics have been pruned or not, any of my old source codes still present upon this website?

I am trying to collate them all together and put them within one place. Or even if you members have snippets of my code elsewhere, it would be greatly appreciated.

I seem to have lost everything from my PC from what I have done :(

#2 Backslash

Backslash
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:55 PM

http://www.neocodex....-code-snippets/

#3 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:31 PM

I found my old cookie parser in there...how many other forums are hidden?

#4 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:08 PM

Pfft. We use Python now!

#5 Rambo

Rambo
  • 833 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:57 AM

http://www.neocodex....-code-snippets/

Not all my source-codes are there. Also, I deleted my account so they may no longer be visible.

I found my old cookie parser in there...how many other forums are hidden?

Quite a few believe it or not.

Pfft. We use Python now!

Duh, I know. But I am looking for my old source-codes to collate elsewhere.

#6 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:20 PM

Pfft. We use Python now!

Seriously? There are so many more benefits to using c#...

#7 xZel

xZel
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:02 PM

Seriously? There are so many more benefits to using c#...

Psh c#. Why not just use VB.net :p

#8 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:34 PM

Its called Cross Platform Compatibility. Vb.net != work on Mac.

#9 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:36 PM

Java then? Java is a better accepted language, in fact my school doesn't even teach python lol.

#10 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:49 PM

Who cares about an acceptable language? Python works on all platforms, and is easier to learn then java.

We can push out high quality programs faster using python, due to the language being simplier ( Yet powerfull)

Also... I know alot of schools that do teach it :p

#11 xZel

xZel
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:53 PM

Who cares about an acceptable language? Python works on all platforms, and is easier to learn then java.

We can push out high quality programs faster using python, due to the language being simplier ( Yet powerfull)

Also... I know alot of schools that do teach it :p

The majority of schools teaching computer science would probably start with Java and comply with the AP courses.

#12 Rambo

Rambo
  • 833 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:27 AM

Java then? Java is a better accepted language, in fact my school doesn't even teach python lol.

This.

I'd rather program in Java than Python. Mostly because I already know Java :)

#13 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:54 AM

I was surprised when I learned my school teaches in it. It's pretty cool. My engineering class, however, was doing C++. <_<

#14 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:23 AM

What language could take you further in life? Python or Java? Stop pushing it and let people actually learn a decent language with real-world applications.

#15 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:52 AM

What language could take you further in life? Python or Java? Stop pushing it and let people actually learn a decent language with real-world applications.

They're both excellent languages. Python has real world applications as well but it just happens to be newer. I like using python for quick little scripts that I need to run(but mainly because I never learned Perl :p)

#16 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:08 AM

Well, they definitely teach Python at the university level since that's how we started using it at Neocodex. :p Java I'd say has a larger 'user base' right now and is a more popular language, but Python also has a lot of momentum behind its growth.

Both are cross-platform languages, both have a footing in the mobile phone scene (Nokia heavily endorses Python, Motorola and the others seem to like Java). Both also have an extensive array of libraries to use, and finding libraries to do new things is really easy for both languages. Python is also being used a lot on servers as well in place of languages like PHP and ASP.

Just choose one that you like. :p Hydro and I are more comfortable using Python for client-side applications, so that what we've chosen for our site.

They're both excellent languages. Python has real world applications as well but it just happens to be newer. I like using python for quick little scripts that I need to run(but mainly because I never learned Perl :p)

Yeah, definitely. Guido van Rossum (the creator of Python) works at Google now and they're using it for their Google Apps engine now. It's definitely gone far in the last little while. :p

#17 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:59 AM

Well, they definitely teach Python at the university level since that's how we started using it at Neocodex. :p Java I'd say has a larger 'user base' right now and is a more popular language, but Python also has a lot of momentum behind its growth.

Both are cross-platform languages, both have a footing in the mobile phone scene (Nokia heavily endorses Python, Motorola and the others seem to like Java). Both also have an extensive array of libraries to use, and finding libraries to do new things is really easy for both languages. Python is also being used a lot on servers as well in place of languages like PHP and ASP.

Just choose one that you like. :p Hydro and I are more comfortable using Python for client-side applications, so that what we've chosen for our site.

Yeah, definitely. Guido van Rossum (the creator of Python) works at Google now and they're using it for their Google Apps engine now. It's definitely gone far in the last little while. :p

It definitely has. When I first saw fAbricate I was so surprised by the GUI and everything and I would've never guessed it was made in python. :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users