Photo

[G U I D E] Proxys and How to use them!

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#201 Lambda

Lambda
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:58 AM

I have one account that I made roughly four days ago on one IP, the same IP address I used to make a 20 month old account that I just recently logged back into. My friend lent me one of his shell accounts (which is 6 years old) that I have since logged into using the same IP, but obviously wasn't created with it.

My question is: I know I'm at risk for the first two accounts being iced as they were created with the same IP, but if I start logging into the 6 year old account using only a proxy, will it be in danger when I start ABing? Would it be a bad idea to AB with my main (which will be the 6 year old account) or should I only use side accounts? If I used those side accounts to AB with a proxy, and used my main with my real IP address, would I still be at a high risk for chain freezing due to the fact that I created the first two with that IP address?

I haven't started ABing or anything and I'm not planning on SSing at all. Sorry for all the questions, wasn't sure where else to put them and I don't want to muck this up. :(

#202 Guest_prizeraker_*

Guest_prizeraker_*

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:05 AM

I have difficulty finding a web proxy that supports some pages of neopets such as pet creation or some other event

can anyone help

#203 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:04 PM

I have one account that I made roughly four days ago on one IP, the same IP address I used to make a 20 month old account that I just recently logged back into. My friend lent me one of his shell accounts (which is 6 years old) that I have since logged into using the same IP, but obviously wasn't created with it.

My question is: I know I'm at risk for the first two accounts being iced as they were created with the same IP, but if I start logging into the 6 year old account using only a proxy, will it be in danger when I start ABing? Would it be a bad idea to AB with my main (which will be the 6 year old account) or should I only use side accounts? If I used those side accounts to AB with a proxy, and used my main with my real IP address, would I still be at a high risk for chain freezing due to the fact that I created the first two with that IP address?

I haven't started ABing or anything and I'm not planning on SSing at all. Sorry for all the questions, wasn't sure where else to put them and I don't want to muck this up. :(

No body knows for sure how stringent TNT are with IP bans and chain ices, so I cannot guarantee that the 6 year account that you logged into once will not be involved in a chain freeze or be associated with your other accounts, but from my experience and in my opinion I find it highly unlikley that from that one log in, the account would be associated in the long run, especially if you continue to use a proxy on it from now on.

If you choose to AB on the accounts you created yourself you run a higher risk as they can both be frozen, I would Ab on this new shell and your other two accounts should be fine :)

Hope this helps!

I have difficulty finding a web proxy that supports some pages of neopets such as pet creation or some other event

can anyone help

There are some proxies that do this, but also some that dont, i'm not 100% sure what causes this to happen but 75% of proxies that are of a decent speed I find should be fine on all pages of neopets. I'm afraid its just trial and error! If you want a hand with finding some just PM me a rough idea of where you are located in the world and I'll try and help out :)

#204 mysterybat

mysterybat
  • 305 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

I feel confused about using Abrosia with proxy ...
after I click on proxy setting , I need to fill in the IP address /Port
is that I need to fill my original IP address and port that I check in the proxy sites ??

and is that essential for me to download a proxy before I use Abrosia with proxy ??

are there any video clips to show how to use Abrosia with proxy ? :shifty:

Never use proxy with Abrosia ,sorry for the idiot questions ,any helps would be greatly appreciated :)

#205 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

I feel confused about using Abrosia with proxy ...
after I click on proxy setting , I need to fill in the IP address /Port
is that I need to fill my original IP address and port that I check in the proxy sites ??

and is that essential for me to download a proxy before I use Abrosia with proxy ??

are there any video clips to show how to use Abrosia with proxy ? :shifty:

Never use proxy with Abrosia ,sorry for the idiot questions ,any helps would be greatly appreciated :)

Nope the IP and port will be that of the proxy you are wanting to use, that is what you enter into abrosia.

You dont need to download anything, just copy and past the proxy IP from a list site into the rightfull place in the abrosia settings.

I you see my first post you can see the screenshot pics and walkthrough of how to do this, have a read and it should answer most your questions :)

#206 mysterybat

mysterybat
  • 305 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

I see the picture of entering the IP ,but not sure if it is my original IP or not ,I understand now
thank you Georgina :p

#207 Lambda

Lambda
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:57 AM

Thanks so much for the reply, Georgina!

I have another question: I've been looking for about two days for a free elite proxy that actually works and have had little luck (most of them are PlanetLab/CoDEEN, neither of which work with Neopets). I'm just wondering if you know of a good place to purchase cheap elite proxies? I read on a thread here that you can't use proxies that have a login with Abrosia, so that has me a little worried when it comes to buying them. I tried the link in your OP but it isn't working. : (

#208 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

Thanks so much for the reply, Georgina!

I have another question: I've been looking for about two days for a free elite proxy that actually works and have had little luck (most of them are PlanetLab/CoDEEN, neither of which work with Neopets). I'm just wondering if you know of a good place to purchase cheap elite proxies? I read on a thread here that you can't use proxies that have a login with Abrosia, so that has me a little worried when it comes to buying them. I tried the link in your OP but it isn't working. : (

Unfortunately no, I havn't used any paid proxies for some time so would be hesitant in giving you a recommendation, but if you have a look through this thread I'm sure there has been a couple mentioned that have been used by other people with abrosia.

Other than that just keep checking hidemyass.com, it may take several trys but I never fail to find a decent proxy on there.

#209 Xelres

Xelres
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:48 AM

So, if I don't use a proxy but just use all the default settings on AB... Am I more likely to be frozen?

Nvm on that second question xD Got answered already ;P The first one though I am still curious =/

Edited by Xelres, 26 July 2011 - 02:49 AM.

#210 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:55 AM

So, if I don't use a proxy but just use all the default settings on AB... Am I more likely to be frozen?

Using a proxy doesn't reduce your chances of freezing on a single account, it can reduce your chances of getting chain frozen. So if you want to AB on side account, keeping your main safe, its best to use a proxy.

#211 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

Nvm on that second question xD Got answered already ;P The first one though I am still curious =/

What's the benifit of using a Proxy?

To be honest theres lots of benefits it can give you but to summarize, It will stop Neopets detecting your own IP address and in the unfortunate event that you are froze you are still protected on your home IP.

The reason for this is because when ever you log on, or access a page TNT can see your IP address and see what you are doing. For example if you are using Abrosia on several different Neopets account TNT will see you logging in on several accounts and refreshing and all under one IP so obviously its going to look inhuman and your likely to be frozen - chain frozen.

So if you have multiple accounts, or even just a main and a illigit side account then its ideal that you can use and understand proxies as It will change your own IP and let you log into you other account(s) without them detecting your main and your original IP address and thus making it look like there are multiple people using the accounts from totally different computers.

Some other benefits include:

* To keep machines behind it anonymous.
* To speed up access to resources (using caching). Web proxies are commonly used to cache web pages from a web server
* To apply access policy to network services or content, e.g. to block undesired sites.
* To bypass security/ parental controls.
* To circumvent regional restrictions.

One thing you always need to remember is that using a proxy is never a guarantee that you still wont get frozen, if you still use the programs suspiciously then you can still get frozen! (but at least it means that your other accounts will be ok :) )

This really is answered in my OP :)

#212 Dreamz

Dreamz
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:19 AM

Hi,
This great guide for anyone new to using proxy. I tried to use proxy using this guide. But all the proxies are way to slow for me to load a site. Guess this is not for me Posted Image

Edited by Dreamz, 27 July 2011 - 03:20 AM.

#213 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:49 PM

Haha nice guide but im still sort of confused :L im notvery goof with computers XD

#214 Ameria

Ameria
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:27 PM

First time trying to use a proxy, but i can't find one "High Anonymity Proxy (Elite)". It can be found without paying?

I found it at 'hidemyass', it works? What is "KA"?

Posted Image

And why there is "HTTP" and "HTTPS proxys?

Edited by Ameria, 04 August 2011 - 07:35 PM.

#215 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

First time trying to use a proxy, but i can't find one "High Anonymity Proxy (Elite)". It can be found without paying?

I found it at 'hidemyass', it works? What is "KA"?

Posted Image

And why there is "HTTP" and "HTTPS proxys?

KA means keep-alive, find more info out here.

I wouldn't worry about the HTTP and HTTPS. Some sites just require more secure data.

#216 Ameria

Ameria
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

KA means keep-alive, find more info out here.

I wouldn't worry about the HTTP and HTTPS. Some sites just require more secure data.

Thanks for the info. But this proxy "High" is secure? I mean, it is "Elite"? I don't know if they are the same thing.

#217 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:25 PM

Thanks for the info. But this proxy "High" is secure? I mean, it is "Elite"? I don't know if they are the same thing.

Go here and see what it says. Elite proxies won't say anything but your IP address. Anonymous proxies will say a possible proxy is detected.

#218 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:33 PM

Different sites use different terms to described their proxies. You should probably read their FAQ. Remember, you want something that won't send your real IP or even alert Neopets that you're using a proxy.

#219 Ameria

Ameria
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

I tested here, and it keep showing my original IP, lol.

#220 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

I tested here, and it keep showing my original IP, lol.

By here do you mean neocodex or whatismyip.com?

#221 Ameria

Ameria
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

By here do you mean neocodex or whatismyip.com?

whatismyip.com

But now i used other proxy and seens to be working, but i'm not sure.

#222 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

If it said your proxy the first time, you were probably using a transparent proxy. Just keep testing proxies until you find one your comfortable with, I personally find anonymous ones good enough.

#223 Ameria

Ameria
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

If it said your proxy the first time, you were probably using a transparent proxy. Just keep testing proxies until you find one your comfortable with, I personally find anonymous ones good enough.

Ok, i will test some more, thx for help.

#224 openu2

openu2
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:09 AM

Do i need to buy proxies?

where i can find good proxies?

If I use a proxy, is there a guarantee that TNT cant find out my real IP address?

if I use a proxy on an account #1, the day after do I need to use the same proxy again?

is it dangerous if I use proxys to test out SS lists?

how to find good anonymous proxys?

#225 MarvelGirl

MarvelGirl
  • 205 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

This entire forum answered so many of the same questions I was having and hidemyass.com was a great recommendation!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users