Photo

[G U I D E] Proxys and How to use them!

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#176 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:50 AM

Thanks a lot, Shadow Girl... well, and on to another thing, I've been trying to do my own research on proxies, using Google and asking friends about them, but I only get answers that suggest that they're srs bsns and stuff. One told me that I should go and talk to a friend that is studying systems engineering, and some other friend said that he asked for help to yet another systems engineer, who got all startled, asked why we need a proxy and then told my friend that it was a somewhat heavy program... or something.
Then, I remembered how my school used to ban sites like Youtube and Facebook and a friend told me that just searching for "Youtube proxies" in Google would let me find a proxy to bypass the school's security. Yes, I remember some sites that said "introduce the URL in the following space" and it let you go to Facebook or Youtube... so my question is: are these sites "proxies" and can be used to hide your IP?

Here is an example of said sites: My link

Thanks in advance (:

#177 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:58 PM

Thanks a lot, Shadow Girl... well, and on to another thing, I've been trying to do my own research on proxies, using Google and asking friends about them, but I only get answers that suggest that they're srs bsns and stuff. One told me that I should go and talk to a friend that is studying systems engineering, and some other friend said that he asked for help to yet another systems engineer, who got all startled, asked why we need a proxy and then told my friend that it was a somewhat heavy program... or something.
Then, I remembered how my school used to ban sites like Youtube and Facebook and a friend told me that just searching for "Youtube proxies" in Google would let me find a proxy to bypass the school's security. Yes, I remember some sites that said "introduce the URL in the following space" and it let you go to Facebook or Youtube... so my question is: are these sites "proxies" and can be used to hide your IP?

Here is an example of said sites: My link

Thanks in advance (:

Hiya!

Sorry about the delay. Yes some of these sites have good proxies, only problem is that they will change so much if tnt were to see the activity on your account im sure it wouldnt look good. Also you wont be able to use them while abing or using the programs, you will need to find a proxy list to get an IP from.

Hope this helps

#178 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:30 AM

Hiya!

Sorry about the delay. Yes some of these sites have good proxies, only problem is that they will change so much if tnt were to see the activity on your account im sure it wouldnt look good. Also you wont be able to use them while abing or using the programs, you will need to find a proxy list to get an IP from.

Hope this helps

Oh, thanks. Just a final question.
I googled "elite proxy" and got some elite proxy lists, hopefully finding one from my country and just used following the steps from a tutorial here in Neocodex... it's kinda slow, but I guess I can't expect much from a free proxy. But, well, I have two browsers, Firefox and IE, and I'm using the proxy with Firefox. Is it risky to login to my main from IE, with my normal IP, while at the same time using a cheating account with the proxy in Firefox?
Thanks in advance!

#179 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:32 AM

I googled "elite proxy" and got some elite proxy lists, hopefully finding one from my country and just used following the steps from a tutorial here in Neocodex... it's kinda slow, but I guess I can't expect much from a free proxy. But, well, I have two browsers, Firefox and IE, and I'm using the proxy with Firefox. Is it risky to login to my main from IE, with my normal IP, while at the same time using a cheating account with the proxy in Firefox?
Thanks in advance!

I dont see a problem, just make sure the IE isnt using the proxy and it will be fine. I do the same using firefox and chrome, where firefox is for my main.

#180 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:14 AM

Thanks in advance!

Firefox and IE can use different proxies from each other fine.

If you had chrome you need to be aware that chrome and IE use the same proxies so that wouldnt be possible.

And yes, you can then brows two neopets accounts on each browers under different IPs. Just remember to clear cookies etc each time you visit each account just incase :D

#181 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:20 AM

Thanks again, but I just recently had a problem...
While using the proxy, I created a new account and everything, getting myself one of those free NC gifts or something, and when I tried to open it, the bar at the right-low side of my Firefox browser changed from saying "Proxy: *proxy's IP*" to "Direct Access"... so it suddenly changed from the proxy to my original IP, which made me wonder if this could be a reason for TNT to now link my main to any illegal stuff I could be doing with this new account. Also, why did the proxy suddenly quit just after I clicked the window with the free NC item? Is there a way to prevent this?
Oh... and sorry for all these silly questions, I'm probably starting to be a nuisance ;~;

#182 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:23 AM

Thanks again, but I just recently had a problem...
While using the proxy, I created a new account and everything, getting myself one of those free NC gifts or something, and when I tried to open it, the bar at the right-low side of my Firefox browser changed from saying "Proxy: *proxy's IP*" to "Direct Access"... so it suddenly changed from the proxy to my original IP, which made me wonder if this could be a reason for TNT to now link my main to any illegal stuff I could be doing with this new account. Also, why did the proxy suddenly quit just after I clicked the window with the free NC item? Is there a way to prevent this?
Oh... and sorry for all these silly questions, I'm probably starting to be a nuisance ;~;

No your not a nuisance!! Its fine :)

Im not 100% why it would auto change like that? I've never experienced that problem. What are you using, a proxy site or something or a direct change through your internet options?

#183 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

No your not a nuisance!! Its fine :)

Im not 100% why it would auto change like that? I've never experienced that problem. What are you using, a proxy site or something or a direct change through your internet options?

I'm using a direct change through my Internet options. I checked the Manual proxy settings, copied the address I got from a website altogether with its port and clicked ok... but when that issue happened, the "No proxy" option was suddenly checked... and the odd thing is that that only happened after I tried to open the NC Gift Box...
But, well, so, if I keep using that account, will my main be in danger?
Oh, and thanks for your help, I really appreciate it (:

#184 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:23 AM

I'm using a direct change through my Internet options. I checked the Manual proxy settings, copied the address I got from a website altogether with its port and clicked ok... but when that issue happened, the "No proxy" option was suddenly checked... and the odd thing is that that only happened after I tried to open the NC Gift Box...
But, well, so, if I keep using that account, will my main be in danger?
Oh, and thanks for your help, I really appreciate it (:

I've never seen that in my life sorry D: I find it really strange to have an option uncheck itself whatever you may be doing on your browser, your neocash page shouldn't have made any difference. Its really doubtful that one page visit on your real IP would put your main in danger. Really doubtful. So as long as you remember to have everything else not associated with your main like email, postal code, not transferring items/nps all the time you should still be fine.

#185 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

It's gonna take me a few more read-throughs to understand this.

Thanks.

#186 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

Well, I already tried downloading Google Chrome and made it my "proxy browser", and everything's been alright so far!
Many thanks ^^

#187 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

Well, I already tried downloading Google Chrome and made it my "proxy browser", and everything's been alright so far!
Many thanks ^^

Thats cool, but remember IE and chrome will work on the same proxy info due to sharing the internet options.
Good luck!

#188 Bips712

Bips712
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

Just wanted to thank you for this guide, I used it to help setup an AAA shell for ab'ing. Thanks! :)

#189 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:01 AM

Great guide, + rep ;)

#190 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:56 AM

Lol the problem is ProxySites are blocked on my country -.-

#191 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

Lol the problem is ProxySites are blocked on my country -.-

If you want to PM me your country I can pm you back some Ips.

#192 nugget111

nugget111
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

guys can anyone send me a safe proxy to use ...i am in united Arab emirate

#193 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

guys can anyone send me a safe proxy to use ...i am in united Arab emirate

For free proxies just go here the choose UAE, atm I only see five proxies and not sure if they are still working or not. If your using proxies to AB or SS, just choose another country that has heaps of proxies.

#194 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:30 PM

Thanks for the guide :) still not really sure about how to use proxys lol. Good effort !Posted Image

#195 nugget111

nugget111
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

For free proxies just go here the choose UAE, atm I only see five proxies and not sure if they are still working or not. If your using proxies to AB or SS, just choose another country that has heaps of proxies.

how do i know if the poroxy i chose is the strogn safe on or not

#196 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:23 PM

how do i know if the poroxy i chose is the strogn safe on or not

Make sure you select the anonymity level as high or high+ka. Then use a site like this, it might say a possible proxy is detected but atleast your actual ip isn't shown. That way you know your main is safe from chain freezing. You can pay for elite proxies where they cannot detect a proxy is being using.

#197 nugget111

nugget111
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:37 PM

ahh nice ty man that is useful info

#198 M4ry

M4ry
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:24 AM

Great guide! :funone:

Is it safe to use programs to search for proxies, like elite proxy switcher?

and if you google proxy lists and use one of them, how can I see if another person is using the same proxy as I am?

#199 Altzer

Altzer
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:15 AM

Thank you so much :) I finally understand how to use them.
The only problem I'm having is each page is taking me like a whole minute to load...I'm assuming a fast and free proxy is hard to find, so could someone point me in the direction of a good site for paid, fast, high-anonymity proxies? Or free, if there are any.

Edit:
Never mind, I read back a few pages and realized that Georgina already answered questions like this. Thanks again!

Edited by Altzer, 14 July 2011 - 08:00 AM.

#200 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:24 AM

Great guide! :funone:

Is it safe to use programs to search for proxies, like elite proxy switcher?

and if you google proxy lists and use one of them, how can I see if another person is using the same proxy as I am?

Woa, delay in answering from me, I do apologise!

Simple answer, you cant. Sometimes you might be unlucky enough to load up a page and see another accounts into, which will mean someone is on neopets the exact time you are with the same proxy, but its not very common. At the end of the day public proxies are available to anyone and everyone, no guarantee how well used they have been on neo before I'm afraid!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users