• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:25 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...huffpost/420605

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcL5Wghm7-s"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PcL5Wghm7-s[/url]

I just don't understand people...

#2 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:32 PM

This can't be serious...
People take things way too far...

#3 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:41 PM

Welcome to the world of fandom.

Over 10,000 posts on the forum. People becoming depressed over a movie. Its a sad sad thing.

#4 Insanity

Insanity
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:47 PM

People need to get lives.
They need to realize that it's only a movie, thats it.
Something created for entertainment purposes... jeeze people these days.

#5 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:52 PM

Lol. Its like people think the is "The Passion of the Christ".

#6 ThisisInsane

ThisisInsane
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:52 PM

Wow, that's pathetic, it was a good movie and all, but nothing to get obsessed over.

#7 Danielle88

Danielle88
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:53 PM

That's so effed up
<br>I thought that movie was complete crap<br><br><br>&nbsp;there's so much demonic symbolism is that movie it's not even funny, that's probably why shit like this is hapenning&nbsp;

Edited by kyliexo, 13 January 2010 - 02:55 PM.

#8 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

there's so much demonic symbolism is that movie it's not even funny, that's probably why shit like this is hapenning

Are you serious?!

#9 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:18 PM

Are you serious?!

yeah so much chanting and ritualistic shit in that movie. freakin na'vi~_~

#10 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:49 PM

That's so effed up
<br>I thought that movie was complete crap<br><br><br>&nbsp;there's so much demonic symbolism is that movie it's not even funny, that's probably why shit like this is hapenning&nbsp;

Demonic symbolism? Are you for real?

Lets see..a nature based religion thats anti violent vs a religion thats persecuted , killed and destroyed civilizations in Jesus' name? which is more evil??

And what bad things are happening? 2nd highest grossing movie wow some punishment..

Damned zealots..

#11 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:03 PM

Lets see..a nature based religion thats anti violent vs a religion thats persecuted , killed and destroyed civilizations in Jesus' name? which is more evil??

And what bad things are happening? 2nd highest grossing movie wow some punishment..

Damned zealots..

Lol. :D

#12 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

yeah so much chanting and ritualistic shit in that movie. freakin na'vi~_~

Not what I meant.
I don't give a shit about the symbolism in a film I haven't seen.

#13 Morrigan

Morrigan
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:13 PM

Damned zealots..

You know Focus on the Family? Their review of Avatar is hi-lar-ious!

"As if to denigrate current American foreign policy..." (Because illegally invading Iraq was a good thing?)

"Genocidal plunderers are devoid of spiritual enlightenment and driven by their compulsive lust for another people’s resources." (They seem to dislike this characterization.)

"Cameron’s depiction of the Na’vi not only elevates tribal customs and rituals, it blurs the boundaries between God and the environment. Here the creator and her creation are indistinguishable." (Spirtuality based on Native American practices and customs...the horror!)

#14 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:31 PM

You know Focus on the Family? Their review of Avatar is hi-lar-ious!

"As if to denigrate current American foreign policy..." (Because illegally invading Iraq was a good thing?)

"Genocidal plunderers are devoid of spiritual enlightenment and driven by their compulsive lust for another people’s resources." (They seem to dislike this characterization.)

"Cameron’s depiction of the Na’vi not only elevates tribal customs and rituals, it blurs the boundaries between God and the environment. Here the creator and her creation are indistinguishable." (Spirtuality based on Native American practices and customs...the horror!)

Oh noes FotF hates it? I must go protest now. I feel so unclean seeing the filth called Avatar.Posted Image

As for my original post were the depressed people watching the same movie I was? I mean how can Pandora be sooo perfect most the animals want to snack on your blue skin? Nav'i didn't have perfect lives did they? So what perfect world were these dumbasses seeing?

#15 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:38 PM

Holy shet O_o
Good thing I didn't watch it nor care too. I want to watch 3 Idiots! Wooo for Bollywood!!! :D Us Indians like comedy and love rather then horror, murders, and sadness. O_o lol

#16 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:36 PM

Damned zealots..

Every religions persucutes others. Even the quakers. Never ever try and fool yourself into thinking that humans are peaceful. We are all murderers at heart.

#17 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:48 PM

Every religions persucutes others. Even the quakers. Never ever try and fool yourself into thinking that humans are peaceful. We are all murderers at heart.

Since he was only talking about the Na'vi religion in the positive light, I don't really understand your irrelevant post...

#18 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:07 PM

I understand why people are getting depressed and they are right that it has nothing to do with the movie. I don't think that pandora is perfect or that I would want to live there. When I came out of the theatre I felt like seeing more of it and excitement for the movies that will be coming in the future. Instead of wanting to go there or live there I wanted to become a part of it or even make a movie like it one day. Even though it looked so realistic I didn't feel as though it was and I appreciate it for what they fabricated and would love to be a part of such a project in the future.

And there is no demonic shit in the movie. It is completely normal. If you think there was anything demonic about it you are probably just unhappy with your religion because you are so f'ing confused you cant make heads or tails of anything. Them chanting to aywa to try and transfer the soul of one person to another is in no way shape or form in this movie considered demonic. It just seems that anything that anyone does that isn't perfect for some religions is considered demonic because they are closed minded and believe the world is 6000 years old.

It really sucks that sites like the one with 1000 posts or whatever are allowed to exist where people can talk about being depressed and enforcing their beliefs about such a topis and not use it for positive things. There was nothing negative about going and seeing a movie but for some reason in the world we live in we can get away with being as negative as we want.

Edited by unworthy, 20 January 2010 - 12:00 AM.

#19 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

Not what I meant.
I don't give a shit about the symbolism in a film I haven't seen.

Holy shet O_o
Good thing I didn't watch it nor care too. I want to watch 3 Idiots! Wooo for Bollywood!!! :D Us Indians like comedy and love rather then horror, murders, and sadness. O_o lol

You should see it. It's pretty good.

#20 Is30akc

Is30akc
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

That's really really dumb.. :/

#21 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:53 PM

there's so much demonic symbolism is that movie it's not even funny, that's probably why shit like this is hapenning

I can see what you're talking about here.

#22 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:47 PM

Well, it's better to be depressed than BEING DEAD.
Taiwanese man has died from over-excitement after watching Avatar

#23 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:22 PM

I think this video cured my "depression". :lol: I was busting out laughing through the whole first half of it

Well, it's better to be depressed than BEING DEAD.
Taiwanese man has died from over-excitement after watching Avatar

lol, lol, lol.

#24 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:46 AM

It's like people are going around saying "Holy feck, I can't fly a dragon, so I might as well shoot myself in the head for being a failure"

Really? What the fuck is wrong with society today?

#25 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:01 AM

This is very real though, I get this feeling with some anime's I watch, I guess its envying a fictional character.

EDIT: lets just tell you guys its not depression for me, its dissapointment.

Edited by ArticTheTiger, 21 January 2010 - 10:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users