• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#26 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:19 AM

HAHAHA jc yeah man I'm with frizzle on this one. I'm against it even though i have that in the sig! :p I'm against all kinds of smoking. I'm not a fan of alcohol either. Unless the people around me are drunk then you get to fuk with them hahaha

#27 DarkVision

DarkVision
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

I grew up. That's why I found it a waste. Instead of time spent wondering what my own hands would do if they could move on their own, I played football, got good grades in school and went to parties. Looking back on it, weed just wastes time.

So you play with your dog, neopets and get stoned on weed. That's a pretty shitty life no offence. Get a part time job or hobby?

100% Agreed!

#28 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:02 AM

reading all that made me wonder..Little kids should not be touching it..tax it like alcohol and allow those mature enough to make the decision on their own..I mean look at your grammar and sentence structure, i'm sorry but come on..use a period at least.

#29 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:42 AM

reading all that made me wonder..Little kids should not be touching it..tax it like alcohol and allow those mature enough to make the decision on their own..I mean look at your grammar and sentence structure, i'm sorry but come on..use a period at least.

There's about 6 grammar mistakes in that sentence right dere boy. lols.

#30 queen

queen
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:47 AM

you'r story is the same as my brother's story but with the difference that he doesn't care what my parents think :(

#31 Jake2

Jake2
  • 1185 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:30 AM

There's about 6 grammar mistakes in that sentence right dere boy. lols.

Rofl. Owned.

#32 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:54 AM

I tried weed, in college, for a few weeks. Really didn't "effect" me as much as everyone say (probably crap shit) but that just put me off, its kinda pointless.

And yeh 13 - 14 year olds smoking/drinking or w/e should have their parents/family confiscate the stuff, your still a kid! When you hit 18 do what you want and get a job/house of your own blah blah but at that age, your parents house you, pay for most your shit, and have your best interests at heart so just listen to em.

I'm not against weed, or alcohol, but just socially you know? if your wrecked or stoned every night you must have some issues IMO.

Just my two penneth worth...

#33 Jake2

Jake2
  • 1185 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:02 AM

There's nothing wrong with weed, imo. My only concern [like JC mentioned] is that it's very easy to obtain and a lot of people I know smoke up at young ages. One of my mates sisters will often tag along for something and end up pulling cones and she's only 14. That age is too young for my liking. Brain cells are still developing and it'll fuck them up too much. I started at 16 and even though that's not much better, I'd say i'm still 'normal'.

A slab of something is like $40+ here in Australia and for the same price you can get a decent quantity of weed and have and have a fantastic night.

It's extremely easy to grow as well. :o

#34 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:06 AM

Indeed it is, I have some friends who grow it in their garden.

#35 Jake2

Jake2
  • 1185 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:25 AM

If it was legalized, seriously, who would buy it from 'shops'? You'd grow your own. It'd be easier & much more cheaper.
^ = Government not making money.

#36 DarkVision

DarkVision
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:07 AM

If it was legalized, seriously, who would buy it from 'shops'? You'd grow your own. It'd be easier & much more cheaper.
^ = Government not making money.

They'd probably ban people from growing it or something stupid :l

#37 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:12 AM

Not really, apples are legal, yet people buy them instead of growing them...

#38 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:47 AM

Not really, apples are legal, yet people buy them instead of growing them...

Think thats mostly down to seasons, as i have lots of apple trees at my parents estate but they only grow in the autum in the UK :p

#39 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:07 AM

See I see the "perfect" age to start weed is around 14/15. I mean there is no good age to abuse an illegal substance but when you start at that age you've kinda got your own social sense and know what you're doing (usually). It's also buzz because you're not allowed to do it. When you turn 18 everyone but the police won't care you smoke it so you'll have more freedom.

I and many others like me started at 13/14 and stopped by the time they're 16/17. They move on to booze and bitches.

And no, people won't start growing it. People are lazy. Fucking lazy. They'd ring up take-away services even if it's less than a 5 minute walk and you're telling me STONERS would grow their own shit? They haven't even got the time with all that time spent thinking about 80's metal music and how the word oreo sounds.

#40 Jake2

Jake2
  • 1185 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:25 AM

Lmfao, you're a funny cunt Frizz.

I see where you're getting at with the laziness but a lot more people would grow if it was legalized. A whole new generation of people would start smoking it to "try the buzz" or maybe when they were younger they pulled cones but grew out of it. If it was legalized so many more people would do it.

+ cops can't really do shit unless it's on you. If it's in your system it's like a slap on the wrists.

#41 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:45 AM

I don't know, the medical properties of marijuana haven't properly been explored. Neither have the negative effects.
I saw a very interesting documentary on drugs once, and every drug showed a massive decrease in brain activity, apart from marijuana which showed an increase.

#42 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:43 AM

Wow.

All you people saying weed is a waste of time, are ignorant fucks.

Time is given to you to do with as you please. If you wish to smoke weed and enjoy it yourself, so long as it isn't harming anyone else, that's what the time was GIVEN to you for.

You're here to have fun. Responsible use of anything is not something to be condescending about, and anyone feeling superior because they 'abstain from weed' is a closeminded moron. Who are YOU to say weed is a waste of time? Football can be just as much a waste of time as weed. Do you gain anything from football? Yes. Exercise and entertainment. Weed? Yes. Unwinding after a long day with a bowl relieves mental stress. That in itself is a positive health effect. No, you don't get any physical gain from it in the form of health (other than lower instances of cancer, alzheimer's, and several other debilitating diseases), but to say that it's a waste of time is as close minded as saying that football is a waste of time because you don't earn money from it. It might not be what YOU want out of something, but if it suits the user, that's what it's for.

Christ. Tolerance people. (Yup, I get the irony of that, but that's one thing I can't tolerate, is intolerance)

EDIT: Ah, and Frizzle, I see you haven't changed. Some of your values have, apparently, but you're still the same 'no other opinion but my own' Frizzle that was here long ago. Nice to see you ;P

Edited by mrPomroy, 13 March 2010 - 09:45 AM.

#43 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:12 AM

Wow.

All you people saying weed is a waste of time, are ignorant fucks.

Time is given to you to do with as you please. If you wish to smoke weed and enjoy it yourself, so long as it isn't harming anyone else, that's what the time was GIVEN to you for.

You're here to have fun. Responsible use of anything is not something to be condescending about, and anyone feeling superior because they 'abstain from weed' is a closeminded moron. Who are YOU to say weed is a waste of time? Football can be just as much a waste of time as weed. Do you gain anything from football? Yes. Exercise and entertainment. Weed? Yes. Unwinding after a long day with a bowl relieves mental stress. That in itself is a positive health effect. No, you don't get any physical gain from it in the form of health (other than lower instances of cancer, alzheimer's, and several other debilitating diseases), but to say that it's a waste of time is as close minded as saying that football is a waste of time because you don't earn money from it. It might not be what YOU want out of something, but if it suits the user, that's what it's for.

Christ. Tolerance people. (Yup, I get the irony of that, but that's one thing I can't tolerate, is intolerance)

EDIT: Ah, and Frizzle, I see you haven't changed. Some of your values have, apparently, but you're still the same 'no other opinion but my own' Frizzle that was here long ago. Nice to see you ;P

Opinion. Look it up.

#44 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

Lol wut?

But seriously, just because you haven't had a direct link with something does not mean you can't have a valid opinion on it. I've never tried heroin but I can guarantee you it's bad for your health (psychologically, finanically and biologically). I've tried weed. And when I say I've tried it, I used to smoke it every dayish for around 3 years. It's a waste of time and money.

Put it this way, would you rather spend time smoking weed either earning money, getting laid or being stoned. If you're answer is the last one, you should be shot.

How's it biologically bad for you Frizzle? Go find me some health problems heroin use causes, other than addiction and constipation.

Opinion. Look it up.

I grew up. That's why I found it a waste. Instead of time spent wondering what my own hands would do if they could move on their own, I played football, got good grades in school and went to parties. Looking back on it, weed just wastes time.

So you play with your dog, neopets and get stoned on weed. That's a pretty shitty life no offence. Get a part time job or hobby?

If your opinion is to tell someone their life is shitty, because they enjoy simple pleasures in life, you're surely as 'wrong' as an opinion can be.

Edited by mrPomroy, 13 March 2010 - 01:09 PM.

#45 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

How's it biologically bad for you Frizzle? Go find me some health problems heroin use causes, other than addiction and constipation.

If your opinion is to tell someone their life is shitty, because they enjoy simple pleasures in life, you're surely as 'wrong' as an opinion can be.

Well, collapsing blood vessels if you mainline, for one. Restriction of nasal cavities, erosion of cartilage in the nose, and hemorrhage if you insufflate it for another. Not a guarantee, but a distinct possibility.

Other biological complications? Well I could go to wikipedia if you really want more. They're actually getting pretty good with medical pages - they must be paying someone. This one even sounds like a doctor:

Effects

Central nervous system:

* Drowsiness
* Disorientation
* Delirium

Neurological:

* Analgesia
* Tolerance
* Addiction (Physical Dependence)

Psychological:

* Addiction (Psychological Dependence)
* Anxiolysis
* Confusion
* Euphoria
* Somnolence

Cardiovascular & Respiratory:

* Bradycardia
* Hypotension
* Hypoventilation
* Shallow breathing
* Respiratory depression

Gastrointestinal:

* Nausea
* Vomiting (protracted)
* Constipation
* Dyspepsia

Musculoskeletal:

* Analgesia
* Ataxia
* Muscle spasticity

Skin:

* Itching
* Flushing/Rash

Miscellaneous:

* Dry mouth (Xerostomia)
* Miosis, or pupil constriction ("pinpoint pupils")
* Urinary retention

So I'd say there are numerous reasons not to use heroin in anything other than pharmaceutical grade pills.

Actually on the chart (I'm not taking responsibility for its veracity here) heroin seems to be in the worst possible position.
Posted Image
If you didn't know this by now, I really don't know if its worth saving your life.
Sorry, thats mean.
How old are you?

#46 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

Well, collapsing blood vessels if you mainline, for one. Restriction of nasal cavities, erosion of cartilage in the nose, and hemorrhage if you insufflate it for another. Not a guarantee, but a distinct possibility.

Other biological complications? Well I could go to wikipedia if you really want more. They're actually getting pretty good with medical pages - they must be paying someone. This one even sounds like a doctor:

So I'd say there are numerous reasons not to use heroin in anything other than pharmaceutical grade pills.

Actually on the chart (I'm not taking responsibility for its veracity here) heroin seems to be in the worst possible position.
Posted Image
If you didn't know this by now, I really don't know if its worth saving your life.
Sorry, thats mean.
How old are you?

These are not physiological damage, but short term effects. The collapsed veins from mainlining can be avoided by using other methods, and occasional use won't cause these serious problems if you can get pure (ie pharmaceutical grade) heroin.

I'm 18 thanks.

EDIT: i meant the big list of 'problems' you gave (I'd prefer to call them side effects cause most of them aren't really problematic). The collapsed veins is definitely a problem.

Edited by mrPomroy, 13 March 2010 - 08:10 PM.

#47 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:33 AM

Cancer's a big one.

#48 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:00 AM

Cancer's a big one.

From marijuana or heroin? Because people who smoke marijuana have been shown to have a lower instance of cancer than people who smoke nothing at all. True story. In fact, some cannabinoids have been shown to FIGHT cancer, likely explaining the lower instances of cancer among pot smokers ;o

And if you`re talking about heroin, I`m sure I`ve never heard of such a thing.

#49 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:13 AM

Never smoked weed, Never will smoke weed. Cant see the point in it to be very honest

same here...or any other drugs for that matter

#50 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:28 AM

same here...or any other drugs for that matter

I don't blame you for that, it's not some peoples cup of tea, but discriminating against those that do is just not very nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users