Photo

marijuana

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#51 ZaCkDiZzLe

ZaCkDiZzLe
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:06 PM

Marijuana does not contain carcinogens and there has never been a marijuana-related death in over 5,000 years of recorded use. Alcohol, Nicotine, and Obesity are the leading causes of death in the USA, yet you can buy a fat sack of greasy death from McDonalds for 5 bucks or a bottle of vodka for 10 bucks that when consumed can slow your heart rate down enough to kill you. Cigarettes contain over 40 known carcinogens and thousands of other chemicals that haven't been deemed safe or cancerous. I am an advocate for the legalization of weed. It is obvious to see with a little research and critical thinking that the only reason smoking weed makes you a criminal is because of it's legal status. There is no physical dependance or withdrawal although of course it is habitual (as is brushing your teeth), but I do not think that it should be abused, rather I think that it should be used as a safe substitute for the harsher drugs, i.e. alcohol. Heroin, by the way, comes from the poppy plant, and when that plant is broken down has several chemical compounds that have near-identical properties of heroin. These include codeine and morphine which are opiate pain pills(legal and better than heroin), obviously heroin is one of the most addictive substances known to man, yet these prescriptions are the one of the most prescribed. The only legal drug dealers are the giant pharmaceutical companies who have million dollar lobby men sitting in at every congressional house so that they do not lose this power(they are also lobbying to keep weed illegal because they know it would hurt their "business"), thus keeping the ease and price of acquiring harder drugs lower than acquiring weed. I personally would like to see marijuana legalized, taxed, and commercially grown and sold(along with hemp products). I have been in NA for 2 years now, and have personally seen the problems that illegal and legal drugs can cause, yet the only problem I have seen with marijuana is that it is illegal.

#52 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:15 PM

Marijuana does not contain carcinogens and there has never been a marijuana-related death in over 5,000 years of recorded use. Alcohol, Nicotine, and Obesity are the leading causes of death in the USA, yet you can buy a fat sack of greasy death from McDonalds for 5 bucks or a bottle of vodka for 10 bucks that when consumed can slow your heart rate down enough to kill you. Cigarettes contain over 40 known carcinogens and thousands of other chemicals that haven't been deemed safe or cancerous. I am an advocate for the legalization of weed. It is obvious to see with a little research and critical thinking that the only reason smoking weed makes you a criminal is because of it's legal status. There is no physical dependance or withdrawal although of course it is habitual (as is brushing your teeth), but I do not think that it should be abused, rather I think that it should be used as a safe substitute for the harsher drugs, i.e. alcohol. Heroin, by the way, comes from the poppy plant, and when that plant is broken down has several chemical compounds that have near-identical properties of heroin. These include codeine and morphine which are opiate pain pills(legal and better than heroin), obviously heroin is one of the most addictive substances known to man, yet these prescriptions are the one of the most prescribed. The only legal drug dealers are the giant pharmaceutical companies who have million dollar lobby men sitting in at every congressional house so that they do not lose this power(they are also lobbying to keep weed illegal because they know it would hurt their "business"), thus keeping the ease and price of acquiring harder drugs lower than acquiring weed. I personally would like to see marijuana legalized, taxed, and commercially grown and sold(along with hemp products). I have been in NA for 2 years now, and have personally seen the problems that illegal and legal drugs can cause, yet the only problem I have seen with marijuana is that it is illegal.

The smoke contains carcinogens though, they just haven't ever done anything :/ Aside from that, righteous post man.

#53 ZaCkDiZzLe

ZaCkDiZzLe
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:24 PM

The smoke contains carcinogens though, they just haven't ever done anything :/ Aside from that, righteous post man.

The smoke does not contain any known carcinogens, of course it is not healthy to ever light any sort of plant matter and inhale the smoke but this is just because it will agitate your throat. There has never once been a case of a only marijuana smoker getting bronchitis, asthma, or any sort of lung/throat cancer that is attributed to the weed smoke. My problem is that everytime I smoke weed, I smoke a cigarette afterwards which is when I begin to make the whole ordeal unhealthy. And Thanks :)

#54 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:33 PM

The smoke does not contain any known carcinogens, of course it is not healthy to ever light any sort of plant matter and inhale the smoke but this is just because it will agitate your throat. There has never once been a case of a only marijuana smoker getting bronchitis, asthma, or any sort of lung/throat cancer that is attributed to the weed smoke. My problem is that everytime I smoke weed, I smoke a cigarette afterwards which is when I begin to make the whole ordeal unhealthy. And Thanks :)

Not true. Carcinogens are found in marijuana smoke.

EDIT: Also, I'm not 100% positive but I believe it causes bronchitis as well.

Edited by mrPomroy, 14 March 2010 - 01:36 PM.

#55 KitsuKun

KitsuKun
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:48 PM

Ok I will correct this

OK here is case and point. Nobody has ever died from a weed overdose. Weed is NOT addicting, I don't care what anybody says. People that smoke weed aren't like lets go rob a bank. Weed can increase your reaction time, it differs between people [Edit]. Hence fewer accidents, I should know, I have avoided quite a few hairy situations. Probably saved my life. Weed is a natural plant that grows in the dirt. You know what is not natural, 80 year old dudes with hard ons, thats not natural but we have pills for that. We are dedicating all of medical recources to keeping the old guys errect (Sp?) But were putting people in jail for smoking something that grows in the dirt Thank you lazy boy)?. Lets put all of the pot heads in jail so that when Timothy McVey comes allong we have to set him free because the prisons are full of a bunch of stoners. And just because they make weed legal doesn't mean that we have to legalize growing. The Government is currently making Millions off of private growers that pay taxes. Just ask the state of California. It is bullshit that they are busting all of these stoners yet the meth heads walk freely. The government needs to leave stoners the fuck alone. There is far more serious shit going on in this fucked up country that needs to be taken care of, and finally, It helps deal with pain like arthritus (Sp) making life for the elders more enjoyable. Not all of what I wanted to say but you get the point. Sorry if any of you take offence to this I am just sick of people woring about the stupid shit like stoners, and let Rapists and Killers roam free. Would you like to find out one day that you daughter was raped for years without you knowing it? Wouldnt you want the spit fuck who did it in jail? Well guess what he probably wont get caught. that means he is going to rape more people. Possibly your loved ones. Put this in your pipe and smoke it, while your out fighting legalization your daughters life is being detroyed by a rapist, or child molestor. I am not referencing that anybodys daughter or son on this fourm is going to be raped or sexually abused, All I am saying is it CAN and DOES happen, closer to home than you think. Get online and look at all of the registered sex offenders in your area. Then think of how many there are that are not registered because we are all to busy trying to put the stoners in jail. These are my feelings about it and not a reply to anybody's posts on this form.

Edited by KitsuKun, 14 March 2010 - 02:17 PM.

#56 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:54 PM

Wall Of Text.

:p

But the 'it's natural' defense doesn't really work... there are many, many natural plants than do indeed kill people :/ And weed doesn't increase your reaction time... it causes drivers to drive more cautiously, so much so as to overcompensate for the very very minor change in coordination/perception.

Weed SHOULD be legalized, and much of what's said about it is just bad propaganda, but you still need to verify info you find that may help your cause.

#57 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

But the 'it's natural' defense doesn't really work... there are many, many natural plants than do indeed kill people :/ And weed doesn't increase your reaction time... it causes drivers to drive more cautiously, so much so as to overcompensate for the very very minor change in coordination/perception.

THIS

I'd rather have someone cruising at 15 MPH in a 25 zone stoned than have a person rolling about 75MPH in the same area drunk because they feel invincible :3

#58 ZaCkDiZzLe

ZaCkDiZzLe
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

You need to be 100% positive before you post these kind of things because that is why marijuana has been under such scrutiny for so long. You will notice that I never said the smoke does not contain any carcinogens, I said KNOWN carcinogens. It has not been 100% proven as to whether it does OR does not contain carcinogens BUT there are no recorded cases and the number of people who smoke weed is in the millions so it is likely that if it did cause health problems, there would be at the absolute least a few dozen cases from the people who are particularly susceptible to that type of carcinogen.

And noone under the influence of any psychotropic substance should carry out a task with as much responsibility of driving.

Edited by ZaCkDiZzLe, 14 March 2010 - 02:00 PM.

#59 KitsuKun

KitsuKun
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

THIS

I'd rather have someone cruising at 15 MPH in a 25 zone stoned than have a person rolling about 75MPH in the same area drunk because they feel invincible :3

Thank you :) ^ ^

#60 ZaCkDiZzLe

ZaCkDiZzLe
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:06 PM

It may be the lesser of two evils to compare it to alcohol but its absolutely ridiculous to suggest that it is safer to drive while stoned rather than sober.

#61 KitsuKun

KitsuKun
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:11 PM

Wall Of Text.

Posted Image

But the 'it's natural' defense doesn't really work... there are many, many natural plants than do indeed kill people Posted Image And weed doesn't increase your reaction time... it causes drivers to drive more cautiously, so much so as to overcompensate for the very very minor change in coordination/perception.

Weed SHOULD be legalized, and much of what's said about it is just bad propaganda, but you still need to verify info you find that may help your cause.

And just because they smoke weed doesnt mean they are a good driver. Whom ever thy may be.

And if you smoke the leaves yes. But the leaves dont give you the high, the THC content does. Vaporizers are probably the safest way to smoke and has been proven to be noncancerous (Sp)

It may be the lesser of two evils to compare it to alcohol but its absolutely ridiculous to suggest that it is safer to drive while stoned rather than sober.

No one ever suggested that it is safer.

Edited by KitsuKun, 14 March 2010 - 02:13 PM.

#62 ZaCkDiZzLe

ZaCkDiZzLe
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:36 PM

Weed can increase your reaction time, it differs between people [Edit]. Hence fewer accidents, I should know, I have avoided quite a few hairy situations. Probably saved my life.

That is definitely a statement promoting smoking weed and driving.

#63 KitsuKun

KitsuKun
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

How so? That is like saying I would be promoting Drinking and playing with guns if I said, It is fun as fuck drinking and shooting things with an AK47. Posted Image Just another mans wrong opinion is the worlds eyes. But take it as you will. Now If I said, If you drink and play with guns you WILL have fun...... That is promoting

Edited by KitsuKun, 14 March 2010 - 02:50 PM.

#64 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

Yeah, but dey was driving a lavender unicorn when dat happened. So it was safe.

#65 ZaCkDiZzLe

ZaCkDiZzLe
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:23 PM

How so? That is like saying I would be promoting Drinking and playing with guns if I said, It is fun as fuck drinking and shooting things with an AK47. Posted Image Just another mans wrong opinion is the worlds eyes. But take it as you will. Now If I said, If you drink and play with guns you WILL have fun...... That is promoting

You claimed that smoking weed and driving had saved your life numerous times and that it speeds up your reaction times(not true). How could that not be promoting?

#66 nev

nev
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:50 PM

jeeze, i stopped reading at 'two weeks for an ounce', just to say, man, your tolerance must be high (lol) for you to get through it that fast, either that or you smoke 24/7. takes me two weeks to get through an eighth, even then smoking every night. but then i'm ridiculously lightweight...
i was entirely striaght edge untill i turned 18, spent that time making up my own opinions and doing research on everything i could. now i have a good list and a bad list (and an inbetween of the undiceded and the one-time-only) and i will do whatever i want from the good list, and not touch the bad list. the bad list includes alcohol and cigarettes.

#67 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:43 PM

You need to be 100% positive before you post these kind of things because that is why marijuana has been under such scrutiny for so long. You will notice that I never said the smoke does not contain any carcinogens, I said KNOWN carcinogens. It has not been 100% proven as to whether it does OR does not contain carcinogens BUT there are no recorded cases and the number of people who smoke weed is in the millions so it is likely that if it did cause health problems, there would be at the absolute least a few dozen cases from the people who are particularly susceptible to that type of carcinogen.

And noone under the influence of any psychotropic substance should carry out a task with as much responsibility of driving.

You don't know what you're talking about. You said:
"The smoke does not contain any known carcinogens"

That doesn't say anything, as long as we know there are carcinogens in it, who cares what ones? Combustion causes carcinogens. The smoke contains carcinogens. Simple as that.

Also, please prove that marijuana does NOT cause bronchitis, as I believe bronchitis comes from irritation of the lungs, and I KNOW it can be caused by marijuana that hasn't been properly cured/flushed.

Chronic marijuana smoking severely irritates the lungs, I'm living proof of that.

EDIT:

No sir, it is not. I know for a fact I am at times safer driving when stoned than sober. Not always, but I know when sober I take a relaxed attitude towards driving (as I believe we are all guilty of) but when high, even though I CAN drive and am fully capable of performing normally at it, I take extra special care because I'm overcautious because I don't want anything bad to happen.

Not saying it's safer to drive stoned than sober, but it's certainly true I drive more cautiously and am not driving as the law calls impaired.

Edited by mrPomroy, 14 March 2010 - 06:45 PM.

#68 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:46 PM

This thread is lol.

#69 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:52 PM

This thread is lol.

i take pot srsly lolz

#70 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:18 AM

lol no studies, no proof.

#71 KitsuKun

KitsuKun
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:01 AM

The fact is back off of stoners nuts give them some free room. Quit fucking worrying about Weed. I dont drink and drive I get high and fly, and you fucking with my flight and now I gotta ask why?

#72 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

lol no studies, no proof.

That's what I was saying. Request studies/articles on my posted topics and I will supply.

The fact is back off of stoners nuts give them some free room. Quit fucking worrying about Weed. I dont drink and drive I get high and fly, and you fucking with my flight and now I gotta ask why?

Like.

#73 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:50 AM

Never have, and don't really mind people who do

Only thing that I find annoying is where the only thing they can think about is like "LEGALIZE WEED" and then they go into large rants about the legalization of it.

Clearly, your priorities are not in order if that's all you can talk about

#74 KitsuKun

KitsuKun
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:58 AM

Look It doesnt matter anymore cause guess who is a stoner........ OBAMA. That is that. America will be weed friendly nomatter what the Feds and Mormons say about it.

#75 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:33 PM

Never have, and don't really mind people who do

Only thing that I find annoying is where the only thing they can think about is like "LEGALIZE WEED" and then they go into large rants about the legalization of it.

Clearly, your priorities are not in order if that's all you can talk about

It's a hot topic, you can't blame people for having it on their minds often, there's a lot of publicity surrounding it now ;o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users