Quantcast

Photo

Have the Republican Party become an out-of-touch minority group?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kbbbb

kbbbb
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

From here

Things in This Poll of Republican Values and Beliefs

• 2/2/10 at 12:15 PM
DailyKos has released a new poll, conducted for it by the polling outfit Research 2000, which seems like it was commissioned solely for the purpose of depressing liberals. Not only does it confirm that a sizable chunk of Republicans still refuses to believe that President Obama is legitimate, but also that, even in 2010, as "Don't ask, don't tell" slowly inches closer to repeal, fear and intolerance of gay people is still rampant among the GOP. If you were having a pleasant day, don't click ahead to read our list of the poll's ten most alarming revelations. 10: Thirty-six percent don't believe Obama was born in the United States, and 22 percent aren't sure. This would be more alarming if we weren't numb to this stat by now.

9: Only 36 percent say that Obama doesn't hate white people. Chris Matthews might want to rethink that thing about our post-racial society.

8: Only 7 percent support same-sex marriage. Not surprising, but still disappointing.

7: Sixty-eight percent don't think gay couples should receive any state or federal benefits, while 21 percent are not sure. This is more surprising — it's not even marriage, just benefits. And not even every benefit, necessarily, just some.

6: Thirty-nine percent believe Obama should be impeached. For what, exactly?

5: Twenty-three percent want their state to secede from the union. The number rises to 33 percent in the South. Good luck on your own, Alabama!

4: Twenty-four percent claim that Obama "wants the terrorists to win," while 33 percent are not sure. Really?

3: Only 24 percent say they definitely don't believe that ACORN stole the election. Did ACORN fake the hundreds of polls that had Obama trouncing John McCain as well?

2: Thirty-one percent think contraception should be outlawed.

1: An astounding 73 percent believe that openly gay men or women should be prohibited from teaching in public schools, and 19 percent aren't sure. That puts them at odds with Ronald Reagan, who openly opposed a measure trying to do just that. Over 30 years ago.

Daily Kos/Research 2000 Poll [DailyKos]

The last definately one violates the The Universal Declaration of Human Rights and a few others would too.
Others have no basis in fact. (Obama being impeached? For doing what?)
Others are fanciful (ceade from the US?)

Have the Republicans truly lost touch with the US? Or just with the world?

What do people think?

#2 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:33 PM

The answer: yes, but it's more than a minority...
I fucking hate America sometimes.
(Yes, I'm American...)

#3 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:45 AM

In my fullest opinion a party that stood for morals and traditions has gone of their friggin rocker.
I can understand having a party that wants to keep things the way that they are, a party that helps business and wants the economy to grow, but damnn.
I don't think that is what they stand for anymore.

some of them- maybe - but if you watch their news channel anymore, for even an hour... you will see the crazy at work. *cough cough* Glen Beck *cough*

#4 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:02 AM

Just to show how STUPID american politics is I bring you *drum roll*

The coffee party

A moderate/liberal organization created to counteract the tea party..

Is it me or does ALL the political groups sound like little kids now? But to be honest the coffee party sounds more reasonable:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6HP49n5X90"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=T6HP49n5X90[/url]

Ooh I found one near me..I am very tempted to go the 13th and see if this coffee party has enough teeth to counteract the propaganda that is the tea party.

Edited by chobitz, 09 March 2010 - 08:03 AM.

#5 kbbbb

kbbbb
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

In my fullest opinion a party that stood for morals and traditions has gone of their friggin rocker.
I can understand having a party that wants to keep things the way that they are, a party that helps business and wants the economy to grow, but damnn.
I don't think that is what they stand for anymore.

Yeah, the commentary I've been hearing is that they're currently lost in the political wilderness after losing to Obama. The fractures caused by McCain being "liberal" and the ultra conservatives and the fact that Americans seem to be seeking liberal leadership (versus what Bush offered) mean they don't really know what they stand for anymore. It's not really surprising then that the Tea Party has appeared because that's the neocons rebelling against being stuck in the wilderness, and McCain. I'm sure the Republicans aren't a spent force.

Just to show how STUPID american politics is I bring you *drum roll*

A moderate/liberal organization created to counteract the tea party..

Is it me or does ALL the political groups sound like little kids now? But to be honest the coffee party sounds more reasonable:

Ooh I found one near me..I am very tempted to go the 13th and see if this coffee party has enough teeth to counteract the propaganda that is the tea party.

I don't think this group is going to be as successful honestly because the lack of coordination, and the fact that they're liberal. I would have thought neocons can blindly follow far-right policies, whereas the left needs someone to march behind otherwise they tend to go off the rails.
I like it as an idea tho. And i like it if it in any way satirises what the Tea Party are doing.

#6 Eggy

Eggy
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user.

• 1783 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:02 PM

Your source is DailyKos? ...seriously?

#7 kbbbb

kbbbb
  • 329 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:36 AM

Your source is DailyKos? ...seriously?

Do you have a more reliable poll of Republican views on the matters they have polled on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users