• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:36 PM

Oh hai dere :D This isn't really a guide or anything, but I thought this might just be some useful for info for anyone. I did 3 "experiments" using a bunch of accounts and proxies, here are the results:

1) 2 accounts. 1 on a private proxy (just me) and 1 on my own IP. I bought a MP using crazy buy times (like 0.1-0.1) then transferred the item using self-shop snipe to proxied side

Result: both accounts got iced for using an Autobuyer (not multiple accounts)

2) 2 accounts. same situation (different private proxy if you're wondering). Bought a MP/stamp (can't remember) using crazy buy times, bought the item from the side for full value.

Result: both accounts got iced for using an autobuyer

3)3 accounts. Basically the same with one intermediate step: Shop sniped to private proxy, then sold the item at full value to a side. Self-froze the buyer account.

Result: all 3 were frozen for using an autobuyer

So there you go. Take from it what you want. Self-icing DOES NOT WORK. Shop sniping DOES NOT WORK if the item was bought with crazy buy times. Using proxies IS NOT ENOUGH for hot items. Selling the item to turn it into legit NP and transferring the NP to a side also does not work (from a separate experience). Even using a bunch of accounts to transfer the item to make it "not hot" won't work. Every account that item touches becomes frozen.

This is a little bit of knowledge I"ve acquired since I started AB'ing

So summary: don't use crazy buy times. There is NO WAY to get safely get hot items to account. Believe me I've tried so many ways. Use realistic buy times, and I say stick to one account. I've lost many shells along the way heh heh heh.

EDIT: something I forgot add: I also did crazy buy times using regular items. Used that NP to buy an item from the hidden tower, then sniped to a side. And guess what: both accounts were frozen :p So yeah, that didn't work either.

Edited by Boggart, 09 May 2010 - 03:36 PM.

#2 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:39 PM

Good info
have you tried the slow and steady route and see how far you can go?

edit: meaning 1 account, low risk shops, safe buy times

Edited by Scot, 09 May 2010 - 02:40 PM.

#3 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

Indeed. That's what I do on my main. I was just checking "is there ANYWAY for me to go crazy on the weekend and somehow keep the items without getting frozen?" Self-icing, multiple accounts, etc.

And the answer is no :D Slow and steady my friends.

#4 SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR
  • 443 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

You should now try getting the accounts back by sending a report on those that didn't autobuy and purchased an item for full price. That would be interesting since they didn't cheat.

#5 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

I could, but they were just empty shells that I sporadically buy for the hell of it :p I wouldn't even want the account back and the items are only around a mil anyway. I'm just that lazy :)

#6 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

Boggart, I still think you should give it a shot, and that way we people here can know whether it's possible to get accounts back that really did not cheat at all, but instead got caught up in the tangle of cheating. Try mailing Viacom, and let us know? :funone:

#7 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:06 PM

but I don't wanna :'( That takes effort and they're scary :p Plus they could probably find links if they tried hard enough. Like if the proxy failed for a second or something :S

#8 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:25 PM

but I don't wanna :'( That takes effort and they're scary :p Plus they could probably find links if they tried hard enough. Like if the proxy failed for a second or something :S

Find links?

Ehh, I guess we can't blame you, :p. We are on a cheating site after all, and thus we must be sort of lazy. I might just try this sometime, just to mail Viacom and find out what can happen, but on a different real IP, like probably my friend's house, since he is an avid Neopets-hater and will never play the game again. Or so he says. :ninja:

#9 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:29 PM

this is some very good info. I guess sticking to one account and using legit times is the way to go.

And this also gives you a great way to get people frozen. You said that no matter what, what ever account touched the HOT item got iced. This means you could in theory get anybody you disliked on the TP Boards frozen over a weekend. I really hate half the people on that board, might try something like this:devil:

#10 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:33 PM

there's actually a guide about how to get people frozen using these methods :p. If this reverse happened to you: don't accept items from people you don't know, dont' accept obvious over pays and the such.

OH something I forgot to add *edits first post*

#11 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:51 PM

Would you mind trying the petpet method? Im curious to see if it works... Just try sniping a ridiculous petpet, attaching it to a pet and pound transferring it to another account

#12 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:53 PM

Would you mind trying the petpet method? Im curious to see if it works... Just try sniping a ridiculous petpet, attaching it to a pet and pound transferring it to another account

This I would like to see get tested out. I believe it should have a higher chance of succeeding.

#13 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:59 PM

hmm, the petpet method, I didn't test it that way. The only problem would be having to actually sell the items I get so I can get the NP. I'll try this in the future though, I'm running out of accounts lol.

and I'm wavering to do this because the items I sell WILL get others frozen :S And I wanted to try doing that as little as possible

#14 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:02 PM

hmm, the petpet method, I didn't test it that way. The only problem would be having to actually sell the items I get so I can get the NP. I'll try this in the future though, I'm running out of accounts lol.

and I'm wavering to do this because the items I sell WILL get others frozen :S And I wanted to try doing that as little as possible

Well, you can lurk, say, wintery petpets, and set a manual list so you only buy candychans or snowickles.

That may work, though it will take a while.

#15 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

oh THAT kind of petpet method? I thought you meant using illegit NP to buy a petpet and then using the pound to transfer the petpet then resell.

Hm... if I were to get such a rare petpet I'd probably go crazy trying to protect it from everything haha. Let's see, since I've never seen one of them restock ever >_<

#16 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

I think this might also work better. Why not just transfer though? O_o

#17 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:07 PM

I think this might also work better. Why not just transfer though? O_o

Test both? Idk, pound trasfers are just as safe now with the new program. Its amazingly fast :o

#18 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:08 PM

Transferring would be a sheer link to one account to the other. Hard to argue "I just randomly accepted this pet from a person I didn't know! please unfreeze me!" :p.

Using a pound and sniping a BN pet that happened to have a rare petpet would be more possible.

#19 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:09 PM

Make sure the pet is fugly and has a stupidly long gibberish name then XD

#20 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:10 PM

I'd adopt a terribly named pet and make sure it's something no one wants, like a grundo xD

#21 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:21 PM

yea, make the name hilariously bad. I saw one in the pound whos name was like XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

#22 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:26 PM

That's a real real useful report. Thanks man I would like to see this from freezings. So freezings aren't wasted.

#23 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:28 PM

Almost forgot to +1 rep and say thanks for all youve done so far too ^^

#24 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:42 PM

I just don't want anyone to make these mistakes with a main :( That would suck :o

I'll continue doing these experiments though haha. I'll post any updates I may have in the future.

Who knows, maybe the petpet one will work :o

#25 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

it would be interesting to try, though Im sure if neo checks these boards they will see this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users