Get ready California, Weed is almost legalized

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#51 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:18 AM

the fact is not that weed makes you stupid, it's that stupid people are the ones who decide to smoke weed for the most part

Then there must be a shit load of 'stupid people' out there.

#52 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:10 AM

Then there must be a shit load of 'stupid people' out there.

yes there are :) i'm not saying that a weed smoker= a stupid person. i'm saying that those people who do nothing with their lives, drop out of high school (not that all dropouts are like this it's an example) and don't go anywhere end up smoking pot and doing shit-all... this gives all potheads this image whether it's true or not

#53 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:05 PM

I'm all for legalizing it everywhere, and not just because I smoke weed. Long before i've ever even touched that stuff, I felt that it should be legalized.

It's REALLY not as harmful as people think, and the ones who act like idiots when high are just faking it. But no one takes those people seriously.

#54 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

I'm all for legalizing it everywhere, and not just because I smoke weed. Long before i've ever even touched that stuff, I felt that it should be legalized.

It's REALLY not as harmful as people think, and the ones who act like idiots when high are just faking it. But no one takes those people seriously.

i've always said that if cigarettes are legal there's no reason weed shouldn't be, and i don't do either

#55 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

i've always said that if cigarettes are legal there's no reason weed shouldn't be, and i don't do either

Exactly! Cigarettes do so much more damage.. Same with alcohol.

#56 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:30 PM

i'm against both of them (not alcohol) and yet i still believe if you're gonna make one legal, do the same for both! plus the amount of money the government would make would be....insane...

#57 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

i'm against both of them (not alcohol) and yet i still believe if you're gonna make one legal, do the same for both! plus the amount of money the government would make would be....insane...

The history of why weed was banned all roots from racism.
So stupid.

#58 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

I was honestly thinking of a different thread at that point, so kindly shut the fuck up about that. My knowledge of weed is all I need to know, names, what types look like, how big they are, I don't fucking care what it takes to grow them or some shit. I'm not a dealer, and even if I was most dealers (where I live) wouldn't have that information anyways, only/if the old guys.

Shitting on my choice of humour? That is just low, you have no idea how I express my humour, there is only a certain extent I can use on the internet. You know it is not very easy to post .gifs in real life. I don't come on here solely to argue because I have a fucking life and don't need to take out my anger on a forum while being anonymous. As someone mentioned above this is a thread about weed, and we are arguing about it... hell a post I made in this thread was when I was high.

Have fun being pissed guy.

So basically, you're saying you know nothing about weed and you're happy with that. I really don't understand why you choose to remain ignorant about things just because you feel comfortable knowing what you already know. People that close their mind to things for no reason other than they just don't care is stupid.

At the end of the day, the fact of the matter is you know nothing about weed. We're not really arguing as the only thing you've really said is that you know nothing about weed, you don't care to learn anything about it and I'm a really grumpy person because I point out all too frequently how stupid you look when you post things.

I'm not shitting on your sense of humour. You said I'm angry and need counselling, I said you're not funny. How's it low?

I don't know anything about you besides what you post. And from what I've seen, you're apparently very easily amused by crufe humor, you don't care that you're stupid and you get easily offended when people tell you you're wrong.

#59 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

In California, weed is going to be legal in November.
http://elections.fir...-in-california/

I doubt it will be legal...There is overwhelming cause for concern about the prop...I think around 46% wanted to reject the prop..It will be a hard long fight but who knows...

the fact is not that weed makes you stupid, it's that stupid people are the ones who decide to smoke weed for the most part

Really? Weed alters your state of mind and habitual use over the course of decades have led to certain psychological problems, but to blame and ostracize weed is simply showing ignorance. It is a wonderful drug used for many other purposes other than to look cool. Hemp is a wonderful product that was taken over to due paper lobbyists...Medical marijuana alleviates the pain and allows them to eat for thousands of cancer-stricken patients as well as other numerous diseases.

Simply because certain individuals use the drug and cause certain problems, does not mean that the drug is bad itself..We can look at alcohol, OTC drugs, cigarettes, candy, and anything else in the same way.

And yes, I am for legalization and I do smoke, but my main cause of concern is to get money into our state, those who live in Ca know that we are in dire circumstances...

#60 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:32 AM

I doubt it will be legal...There is overwhelming cause for concern about the prop...I think around 46% wanted to reject the prop..It will be a hard long fight but who knows...

Really? Weed alters your state of mind and habitual use over the course of decades have led to certain psychological problems, but to blame and ostracize weed is simply showing ignorance. It is a wonderful drug used for many other purposes other than to look cool. Hemp is a wonderful product that was taken over to due paper lobbyists...Medical marijuana alleviates the pain and allows them to eat for thousands of cancer-stricken patients as well as other numerous diseases.

Simply because certain individuals use the drug and cause certain problems, does not mean that the drug is bad itself..We can look at alcohol, OTC drugs, cigarettes, candy, and anything else in the same way.

And yes, I am for legalization and I do smoke, but my main cause of concern is to get money into our state, those who live in Ca know that we are in dire circumstances...

Actually, most studies where people developed psychological problems that was drawn from habitual marijuana use were already genetically favored to have the psychological deficiencies.

In all honesty, there's not enough research on either side to really argue much. Weed getting legalized isn't about the side effects and dangers, it's just the stigma attached to the word. We all pretty much grew up knowing weed as a recreational drug. It may have helped some with medical issues, but you don't see any new age films portraying bud as a medicinal drug. It's just the stigma. If a new drug came out and did the exact same thing as marijuana, it'd probably be sold OTC already, but it's not.

Fucking politics man, love to hate them.

#61 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

Actually, most studies where people developed psychological problems that was drawn from habitual marijuana use were already genetically favored to have the psychological deficiencies.

In all honesty, there's not enough research on either side to really argue much. Weed getting legalized isn't about the side effects and dangers, it's just the stigma attached to the word. We all pretty much grew up knowing weed as a recreational drug. It may have helped some with medical issues, but you don't see any new age films portraying bud as a medicinal drug. It's just the stigma. If a new drug came out and did the exact same thing as marijuana, it'd probably be sold OTC already, but it's not.

Fucking politics man, love to hate them.

Yea genetics and enviornment plays a big factor.its just like alcohol. those who have alcoholic parents are more likely to become alcoholics themselves...We'll see how it goes..but I am going to vote in November...shoot dropping the price from 375 an oz to 38-40 an oz..Im all for that =D

#62 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

Sorry to break it to you but go on wikipedia

If you're refering to 'Dam then you're wrong. Holland has a soft/hard drugs policy. All soft drugs are basically ignored to concentrate on harder drugs like cocaine and heroin. Cannabis is still technically illegal.

Never a reason to legalise something. Just because something else is legal doesn't mean cannabis should be. It's more of a reason for illegalising alcohol and tobacco (although that would cripple any countries economy)

#63 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:48 PM

If weed does get legalized in cali i might move there and make a few extra bucks:whistling:

#64 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

If weed does get legalized in cali i might move there and make a few extra bucks:whistling:

The only way that people would make money would be to sell out of state..but then the feds will come after you with Interstate Commerce...Therefore, you will do federal time..haha.

#65 Taraberra

Taraberra
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

This thread needs to smoke a bowl and chill the fuck out. Weed is not almost legalized, it's not even 'legalized' in Amsterdam. As for those saying weed makes you stupid/dopey I know a man in MENSA who smokes marijuana fairly regularly and is one of the smartest people I've ever met. If he is 'stupid' then what does that make you? I'm not baiting here I am just presenting the facts.

When I say it makes people stupid, I'm just saying that you act stupid when you're high. I hate how people act when I have to be around them when they're drunk or high. It's so annoying.

Random weed story time: I used to visit my Grandpa about once a week before he passed away, and occasionally I'd catch him smoking weed. The house would stink of it, and he'd REALLY make me feel uncomfortable with how he talked to me and would look at me. I get kinda uncomfortable thinking about it. Eep. ;~;

Tara no likey weed.

Aren't you not even old enough to have a paypal account? :/

Edited by Taraberra, 14 July 2010 - 08:23 PM.

#66 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:24 PM

#67 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:00 PM

Never a reason to legalise something. Just because something else is legal doesn't mean cannabis should be. It's more of a reason for illegalising alcohol and tobacco (although that would cripple any countries economy)

well what i meant to say was that if one is legal the other should be too, if one is illegal then same with the other... they're equally as harmful

#68 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:14 AM

well what i meant to say was that if one is legal the other should be too, if one is illegal then same with the other... they're equally as harmful

Yeah but that doesn't really explain a point for substance control. Everything has a degree of harm, especially if abused; this doesn't give a fair enough reason for legalising something or banning it.

#69 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:30 AM

Yeah but that doesn't really explain a point for substance control. Everything has a degree of harm, especially if abused; this doesn't give a fair enough reason for legalising something or banning it.

well legally i dont expect them to sit down and tell the people "okay we're making weed legal because alcohol is legal and that's that"....i just think that it should get people thinking about the issue of marijuana legalization/ cigarette banning... however i know for a fact cigarette and alcohol won't get banned...it won't work and it won't give anyone a profit

#70 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:33 PM

well legally i dont expect them to sit down and tell the people "okay we're making weed legal because alcohol is legal and that's that"....i just think that it should get people thinking about the issue of marijuana legalization/ cigarette banning... however i know for a fact cigarette and alcohol won't get banned...it won't work and it won't give anyone a profit

You remember when you were a kid and you argued with your parents: "BUT JACOB'S PARENTS DON'T MAKE HIM TAKE A SHOWER". Just because one, does not mean the other. It's not even an argument. We don't know for a fact, alcohol's been banned before. And it actually gave loads of people profit. Just the wrong people.

#71 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:56 PM

You remember when you were a kid and you argued with your parents: "BUT JACOB'S PARENTS DON'T MAKE HIM TAKE A SHOWER". Just because one, does not mean the other. It's not even an argument. We don't know for a fact, alcohol's been banned before. And it actually gave loads of people profit. Just the wrong people.

you know what you're absolutely right, i never thought of it that way...+1...i still think cigarettes should be illegal though ;)

#72 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:58 PM

you know what you're absolutely right, i never thought of it that way...+1...i still think cigarettes should be illegal though ;)

I see no issues with cigarettes being legal besides the fact of those who are ignorant of the health effects being able to obtain them. We don't have those Joe Camel or Marlboro man commercials coming on anymore and telling us it's cool to smoke, and I'd be baffled if you could really find someone that was sane and thought that there were no negative repercussions to smoking. The biggest thing I find among my own peers is 'I wish I would've known how bad it was going to be before I started, then I never would've done it'. If we had more advertising, not those truth vertisements with the exaggeration and scare tactics, but really just letting all ages know exactly what would happen, we'd have no issues having less people smoke.

Weed will not get legalized because we truly know nothing about its long term side effects. That, paired with the fact that the laws in the United States are so fucked up right now with regards to research and what not will make it quite difficult to see anything happening in the future.

#73 angeladarling

angeladarling
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:40 PM

The thing that baffles me is that they started selling that spice stuff. I did it for about 2 months. The first time I did it, it was my first time trying any drug and I blacked out. I figured I smoked to much considering I cleared the bong so I had no problem trying it again in little doses. Me and my friends tried every kind there was. I can't even remember what kind it was that I had the last time like a month and half ago but It was the worst experience ever. I had two hits of it, which isn't a lot. Within ten minutes I was puking. I was puking for a little less then an hour. It was the worst feeling ever.

The only thing that confuses me is that they let this product that no one knows anything about go on the market but we all know whats in weed and yet that's still illegal.

#74 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:23 AM

I live in cali <3 (=

#75 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:26 AM

I see no issues with cigarettes being legal besides the fact of those who are ignorant of the health effects being able to obtain them. We don't have those Joe Camel or Marlboro man commercials coming on anymore and telling us it's cool to smoke, and I'd be baffled if you could really find someone that was sane and thought that there were no negative repercussions to smoking. The biggest thing I find among my own peers is 'I wish I would've known how bad it was going to be before I started, then I never would've done it'. If we had more advertising, not those truth vertisements with the exaggeration and scare tactics, but really just letting all ages know exactly what would happen, we'd have no issues having less people smoke.

Weed will not get legalized because we truly know nothing about its long term side effects. That, paired with the fact that the laws in the United States are so fucked up right now with regards to research and what not will make it quite difficult to see anything happening in the future.

Actually, it has been proven that weed has no long term side effects

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users