Quantcast

Photo

Have a shitty computer or a mac? Want to play good games?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:06 PM

http://onlive.com

One free year now, check it out :D

Just have to sign up.

Might want to have a no bandwidth limit connection and have it being pretty decent also. (at least 5 Mbps)

here are the min recommended requirements

* PC: Windows® 7 or Vista (32 or 64-bit) or XP (32-bit)
* Mac: Mac OS X 10.6 or later
* Processor: Dual-core CPU (Works on single core, might be a little laggy though)
* Screen Resolution: 1280x720 (This is just so it looks pretty, don't have to have this)
* Internet Connection: 5 Mbps located inside the contiguous United States (wired connection required)

This also works on an ipad:

#2 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:21 PM

Thanks for the heads up but we do have to pay for those games it connect us to right?

#3 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:38 PM

Well, there's a 30 min game trial (you can play it over and over again, it will just restart the game saves once it reaches 30 mins I think)

I just ran this on my dads netbook and he was impressed.

#4 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:27 AM

Bah. I have a sexy computer.

But. I will try it. Maybe it my be viable for the future. Plus I can show off my super sexy skills to people that watch. First to a million cheers?

P,S, It does not work on the Ipad. YOU CANNOT PLAY REAL GAMES ON THAT PIECE OF SHIT. You might be able to stream video to it, but its not going to be any form of a good playing experience. (As you can see by the persons failure on the video)

#5 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:03 AM

Make sure you sign up by july 15th otherwise you won't get the free year.

#6 devil669988

devil669988
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:24 AM

its a pretty interesting game. But i agree with iargue if it runs on an ipad its nothing special

#7 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:45 AM

its a pretty interesting game. But i agree with iargue if it runs on an ipad its nothing special

I'm wondering if you really understood what iargue was talking about

#8 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:06 AM

As usual, I have to be a resident of the United States to even be eligible to participate.

GG OnLive.

#9 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:09 AM

A nice idea and all but the business model is fucking shit. You buy the subscription, shit that's some 15 bucks already. You want play game? FUCK YOU, you have to buy the game as well. Decide to go into a coma for a year? Though luck, all your shit has been deleted.

#10 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:13 AM

I'm wondering if you really understood what iargue was talking about

I wonderd that too!!! Lol raise my post count whatever it takes, even if i have to talk shit for a month!! w00t

#11 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:15 AM

Well, it's 60 dollars a year after the first free year. This is a must have for mac people though. It's also great if you only have a shitty dual core laptop (no good video card) and no main computer. You don't have to spend a thousand dollars for a laptop with a nice graphics card to play these games so it is indeed worth shelling out the 40 or 30 dollars per game. This is assuming that it will be 60 dollars a year every year but, I'm guessing, every 4 years you have to upgrade your graphics card right? 4x60 = 240$ which is the average price of a nice new graphics card. Basically you won't need to buy a graphics card at all anymore(or a new motherboard or a new cpu ((quad core or any higher cores for the future)), and you'll be able to play those games on just about ANY computer.

And Georgina, you don't need to raise your post count :o

#12 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:18 AM

Well, it's 60 dollars a year after the first free year. This is a must have for mac people though. It's also great if you only have a shitty dual core laptop (no good video card) and no main computer. You don't have to spend a thousand dollars for a laptop with a nice graphics card to play these games so it is indeed worth shelling out the 40 or 30 dollars per game

And Georgina, you don't need to raise your post count :o

Lol I didnt mean me :D hehe

I meant devildudewhateverhisnameis

#13 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:22 AM

Lol I didnt mean me :D hehe

I meant devildudewhateverhisnameis

Lol, you were raising your post count too so I just thought maybe you went insane.

#14 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:00 PM

A nice idea and all but the business model is fucking shit. You buy the subscription, shit that's some 15 bucks already. You want play game? FUCK YOU, you have to buy the game as well. Decide to go into a coma for a year? Though luck, all your shit has been deleted.

Welcome back, Cyo. You make valid points.

#15 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:55 PM

Yeah. Turned off once I read that you have to buy the game too. I dont buy games :(.

Looking for a cracked Onlive client. Lets go! :)

Oooh. And I got into the beta. But its bitching about me being on wireless... I'm using N on a 300mbps connection. Its as fast as if I wired it directly to my box. Fuck you trolls.

Edit: Solved by bridging connections. I love you windows. Started a demo of Just Cause 2. Pretty sexy streaming. Cant quit while a video is playing. Need to get my 360 controller working with the game.

#16 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:01 PM

Too bad my computer is brand new

#17 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

Your point being?

#18 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:26 PM

You can still sign up and play. It doesn't matter if your computer is new, or old. It's just trying to say that you can use old computers and still play the games

#19 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:40 PM

so basically you are practically paying alot of money.
Money that you can use to upgrade your computer.
So you can play games like those.
I might as well something tangible, like a new graphics card every couple years.

#20 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:33 PM

so basically you are practically paying alot of money.
Money that you can use to upgrade your computer.
So you can play games like those.
I might as well something tangible, like a new graphics card every couple years.

Not really. The price of the service is cheaper then a new computer. Its like having a badass computer. You still buy the game, you just get to play it on an awesome computer. Thats all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users