Quantcast

Photo

Abortion

• Please log in to reply
563 replies to this topic

Poll: Abortion (205 member(s) have cast votes)

Should abortion be permitted?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#126 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:58 PM

She should have had the child and put it up for adoption murdering the child is no good way to handle things

Orphanages are crowded enough as it is. The poor child would have just sat there and rotted. Many people claim, at least legally, that an infant is not alive until it takes its first breath outside of the womb. So...yeah. It wasn't alive.

#127 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

She should have had the child and put it up for adoption murdering the child is no good way to handle things

How do you feel about studies done on monkeys to further our society that sometimes result in immense amounts of pain or even death for the monkeys? (It's related trust me)

#128 imasramma

imasramma
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:01 PM

I disagree. Sex has not been used strictly for its initial purpose for thousands of years and it is common knowledge that people do it for reasons other than that. "b.) if bringing the child into the world could potentially hurt the mother..." refers to the stability of her life and economic standing (which almost always correlates with happiness to an extent) right? Although I agree people should be thinking "alright i might have a kid here", people don't do that for the same reason that many teenage kids think it absurd to ask someone they are going to have sex with to get tested for stds. If you are comfortable enough to get naked around someone, you should be able to ask for a test right?

If its bettering the human society then its fine

#129 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:01 PM

You just activated his trap card.

#130 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:02 PM

Orphanages are crowded enough as it is. The poor child would have just sat there and rotted. Many people claim, at least legally, that an infant is not alive until it takes its first breath outside of the womb. So...yeah. It wasn't alive.

Yep. Also imagine the kind of life that a child would lead knowing his parents didn't want him/her and nobody else may ever adopt him/her

#131 imasramma

imasramma
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:03 PM

Yep. Also imagine the kind of life that a child would lead knowing his parents didn't want him/her and nobody else may ever adopt him/her

Its better than being dead!

#132 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:04 PM

Have you ever been dead to be able to make that statement?

#133 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:04 PM

Lol. TRAP CARD ACTIVATED. Seriously though. Think about the relationship between a monkey and a human being. Albeit monkeys are less intelligent than humans, they do have conscious thoughts and do know that they are indeed alive. How is killing/ torturing an intelligent animal like this okay but aborting a sack of tissue is a horrible thing? Doesn't make much sense.

#134 imasramma

imasramma
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:05 PM

no... why?

#135 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:06 PM

One of the best responses I have ever seen :D If you have no conscious knowledge of your existence, then perhaps they don't exist at all

#136 imasramma

imasramma
  • 22 posts

Lol. TRAP CARD ACTIVATED. Seriously though. Think about the relationship between a monkey and a human being. Albeit monkeys are less intelligent than humans, they do have conscious thoughts and do know that they are indeed alive. How is killing/ torturing an intelligent animal like this okay but aborting a sack of tissue is a horrible thing? Doesn't make much sense.

Monkeys are animals and embryo is a developing human so it does make sense

#137 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

No. Personally I would rather be dead than to be alone. Also, if you're never alive, how can you be dead?

Edited by Roxi, 25 February 2011 - 02:07 PM.

#138 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:07 PM

Monkeys are animals and embryo is a developing human so it does make sense

Protip: Humans are also animals.

#139 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:08 PM

Also, in terms of it furthering the human society, aborting children is sometimes a very effective way of furthering our society. Anyone who wants to know what i mean by this should read the book " Freakonomics" as it is too long to post here

#140 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

no... why?

If you don't know what it's like to be dead you can't know that it's worse than anything. Those religiousy people seem to think it's quite nice being dead.

#141 imasramma

imasramma
  • 22 posts

No. Personally I would rather be dead than to be alone. Also, if you're never alive, how can you be dead?

But it is alive the heart is beating showing signs of life

#142 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:09 PM

If you don't know what it's like to be dead you can't know that it's worse than anything. Those religiousy people seem to think it's quite nice being dead.

Only for themselves... Bastards.

#143 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:09 PM

llolol, im starting to wish i knew you in real life

#144 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:10 PM

Are you saying that plants, insects, bacteria, fungi (etc) aren't alive?

#145 imasramma

imasramma
  • 22 posts

Im religious and i dont think death is nice at all

#146 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

Have you ever stepped on an ant?

#147 imasramma

imasramma
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

Have you ever stepped on an ant?

yes... ur point is?

#148 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

Plankton is alive, I don't see anybody organising rallies criticising whales for the genocide of those innocent little cuties.

#149 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

Im religious and i dont think death is nice at all

You're also an imbecile... and your point is?

#150 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

yes... ur point is?

Ants are just as alive as a sack of tissue with a beating heart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users