Quantcast

Photo

Abortion

• Please log in to reply
563 replies to this topic

Poll: Abortion (205 member(s) have cast votes)

Should abortion be permitted?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#151 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:13 PM

But it is alive the heart is beating showing signs of life

Not if you have an abortion in the first month. Then there is no heart. And like I said before, it can hardly be considered alive if it hasn't taken a breath.

#152 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Plankton is alive, I don't see anybody organising rallies criticising whales for the genocide of those innocent little cuties.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-The-Plankton-Kill-The-Whale/132971216726318?ref=ts
Spoiler

#153 California

California
  • 136 posts

Actually, that person said "the child should not have to suffer because the parent doesn't want it", not just "abortions are ok if you don't want it."
Misrepresenting someone elses opinion is a cheap and dirty tactic.

Personally, I think the morality-lite opinion that you seem to enjoy applying with a wide old tarring brush makes you appear far less of the mature individual than you suggest.

I pulled the quote, written word for word the first time. You're the one who changed it. Even with all the words surrounding it, the meaning of the statement doesn't change.

"Misrepresenting someone elses opinion is a cheap and dirty tactic."

Posted Image

It's cool if you don't like me. I'm not going to be hurt about it. But, really, if you want to argue with me, let's keep to the topic at hand rather than the way I decide to approach it.

#154 imasramma

imasramma
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

You're also an imbecile... and your point is?

no need to insult my opinion

#155 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-The-Plankton-Kill-The-Whale/132971216726318?ref=ts

Spoiler

I exclude Facebook groups on account of them largely being created and populated by utter retards.

#156 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:16 PM

I pulled the quote, written word for word the first time. You're the one who changed it. Even with all the words surrounding it, the meaning of the statement doesn't change.

"Misrepresenting someone elses opinion is a cheap and dirty tactic."

Posted Image

It's cool if you don't like me. I'm not going to be hurt about it. But, really, if you want to argue with me, let's keep to the topic at hand rather than the way I decide to approach it.

You misrepresented the quote in your reply. I clarified it.
Comprehension is obviously not your strong suit. Along with ethical consistency, and debate etiquette.

#157 imasramma

imasramma
  • 22 posts

Not if you have an abortion in the first month. Then there is no heart. And like I said before, it can hardly be considered alive if it hasn't taken a breath.

Many people dont get pregnancy tests so they will only know after the first month which in my opinion is when the embryo has life

#158 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

I exclude Facebook groups on account of them largely being created and populated by utter retards.

I believe that group there proves your point.

#159 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:17 PM

no need to insult my opinion

In order to form an opinion, you have to actually consider the topic at hand, not just steal your twisted concepts wholesale from a religious handbook of nonsense.

#160 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

http://www.facebook....16726318?ref=ts

Spoiler

Holy shit, wtf...It's either a huge joke or secretly set up by the Japanese.

Spoiler

Edited by Warriors, 25 February 2011 - 02:19 PM.

#161 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Many people dont get pregnancy tests so they will only know after the first month which in my opinion is when the embryo has life

The gamete/embryo/foetus is always alive. Aliveness is not the point.

#162 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

This is true. Many women on the pill have no way of knowing whether they are pregnant or not. Irregular periods are often side effects of the pill and thus they might dismiss it. However this doesn't matter as any abortions done within 8 weeks can be done through a pill.

#163 California

California
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:20 PM

If find it ironic how a majority of the people viewing this thread have penises. And therefore how many point of views that really don't matter since it isn't your choice anyway.

#164 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:22 PM

If find it ironic how a majority of the people viewing this thread have penises. And therefore how many point of views that really don't matter since it isn't your choice anyway.

Right, and we are are saying its not your choice either..That's why abortion is legal. It's their own personal choice.

#165 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

So what?
It's not ok for a white person to fight for black rights? It's not ok for a straight person to fight for gay rights?

It's not ok for a man to stand up and defend a womans right to choose the fate of her own body?

Shallow and under-considered opinions are rearing their ugly heads once again.

#166 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Well I am female. I am also pro choice.

#167 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

I can get my girlfriend in here if you want. That's like saying women's opinions on whether or not men should run around and impregnate random blacked out women at a party is not valid because it's the man's choice. =/

#168 imasramma

imasramma
  • 22 posts

The gamete/embryo/foetus is always alive. Aliveness is not the point.

unlawful premeditated killing of a human being by a human being thats the definition of murder. Aliveness is the point

#169 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:23 PM

Doesn't mean we can't debate it anyways.

#170 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:24 PM

I think this forum needs a like button

No facebook crap...If you like it, rep it..Bottom right hand side.

#171 California

California
  • 136 posts

So what?
It's not ok for a white person to fight for black rights? It's not ok for a straight person to fight for gay rights?

It's not ok for a man to stand up and defend a womans right to choose the fate of her own body?

Shallow and under-considered opinions are rearing their ugly heads once again.

It cute that you have such a raging e-boner for me.

And really, I don't see you standing up for anyone... you're just in here lol'ing at other people's opinions and trying to pick fights with people. This is already a sensitive subject for many of us, I don't see why you have to intentionally make it worse.

#172 imasramma

imasramma
  • 22 posts

An another note what about the population if we had to many abortions then we wouldnt have a sustainable new generation

#173 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:26 PM

An another note what about the population if we had to many abortions then we wouldnt have a sustainable new generation

Except that one of the main problems in the world is that we have TOO MANY people so a few more abortions would actually be helpful.

#174 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

unlawful premeditated killing of a human being by a human being thats the definition of murder. Aliveness is the point

And yet there aren't people being put in prison for abortions. Posted Image Point being, it's not murder.

#175 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

I find it offensive that you would think that my life wouldn't be affected if I got someone pregnant.

As a singular example, if I got someone pregnant because I were tricked, not only would I consider my life to be dramatically affected, but I would also argue that I have a stake in the matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users