Quantcast

Photo

Neopets stability, Are the programs still safe, and help on errors.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:04 PM

Neopets recently updated their servers, and since then many people have been getting false frozen reports, and invalid password reports and things of that nature.

I'm making this post to hopefully answer alot of your questions.

It says my account is frozen!!! What happened?
If it gives you a reason why you were frozen, there is a 90% chance there you were really frozen. Wait a little while though, because tnt may remove that status. If it tells you that the Neopets Police cannot reveal why you got frozen, then dont worry, TNT will fix this soon, hopefully.

Whenever I login, I get blank pages loading on neopets.
We have seen this problem, and it seems entirely related to Neopets and them moving the login information over to a new server. Hopefully this will clear up really soon.

Neopets keeps telling my my password is wrong
Neopets screwed up the password database massively. Many many many passwords where truncated, so just send the password to your email to recover it.

Whenever I try to use the programs, it wont let me login
If you are getting a false report about being frozen, then please get on the chat, so we can try and fix the problem for you. If your getting login failed messages, keep trying, Neopets is most likely down.

Are the programs still safe to use?
As far as we can tell? Yes. The shop data has not changed and so you should be able to buy without problems. I am testing all of the programs to ensure that they work properly, and will always add updates/disable programs if I see any issues.

What exactly did Neopets change?
So far what I am aware of is that they moved their logins to a new server for some reason, and they revamped the boards. I'm not sure what else they have done, since I dont actively play Neopets, but the code our programs use does not seem to have changed. If you see any changes on the site, let me know, and I will investigate.

How can we get help?
We have an IRC were programmers love to hang out, and usually you will find lots of cool people there, ready to help with problems, and make you laugh with funny things to talk about. Regardless of if you need help or not, I suggest you check out, http://www.neocodex.us/forum/ircChat/

Edit by noit:
Because of blank pages being returned by their servers. It's wise to not run programs.

#2 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:10 PM

everything it fine with me except the blank login page. abrosia still works for me. guess i just have to wait.

#3 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

TY argue!

#4 Muny

Muny
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

I was getting blank pages no matter what but now it's only when I attempt to login so it's impossible to actually do anything for now. I haven't tested and programs though.

#5 Invisuality

Invisuality
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:32 PM

THANK YOU for posting this :)
i hope everyone sees it
=]

#6 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:36 PM

Amazing post thanks argue man.

#7 Foe

Foe
  • 168 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:36 PM

Good post is good yo.

#8 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:44 PM

Oh because of neopets returning back blank pages. I would recommend you not run any programs.

#9 Fayt

Fayt
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:57 PM

Once you are in I think you are fine though. I am in on my main and haven't had any problems. It was just wehn I logged out that I had problems. haha.

#10 EmperoR

EmperoR
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:17 PM

Thank you very much.
My very old account has a problem with password but my new one works fine.
+REP

#11 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

OH MY GOD I WAS SO WORRIED THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

not trying to be so sarcastic, but yeah, thanks argue.

Question though: even though neo is super slow for us, will it be slow for programs too?

#12 Invisuality

Invisuality
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:29 PM

Question though: even though neo is super slow for us, will it be slow for programs too?

so far ive noticed that most of today i had no issues running abrosia, until about 7ish est, the program stops refreshing, im guessing due to neos lag. and when i close and restart, it lagged each time during log in, and then failed the log in. ive noticed its the same way while accessing the actual site too. issues logging in, but if you were logged in previously, then you should have no problems. my one acct that i was already in is working fine. just not the ones i had logged out.
hope that helps :)

#13 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:35 PM

Yes.

#14 Ozonewolf

Ozonewolf
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:09 PM

This is so weird though, it was working perfectly yesterday (after the updates) and yeah I wonder whats changed?

#15 alphadark

alphadark
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

lol it seems some ppl are logged in and as long as they dont log out they are ok so does that mean more chance to get rare items from shop b4 everyone else?

#16 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

I tried changing my password a few hours ago, and initially it appeared that it has been changed, but the password remained the same after I tried to log in again Posted Image

But other than that, mine's still working fine.

Edited by flashraven, 17 September 2010 - 06:54 PM.

#17 heaplay

heaplay
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:14 PM

Thanks for your explaination :thumbsup:

#18 Invisuality

Invisuality
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:19 PM

lol it seems some ppl are logged in and as long as they dont log out they are ok so does that mean more chance to get rare items from shop b4 everyone else?

you most likely wont be able to use abrosia, as you have to log in each time you open it.

#19 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

Helpful board, thanks.

Guess I'll be waiting a few days to ss for any new avvies (:

#20 Powerrrr

Powerrrr
  • 955 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:33 PM

Good to know. Back to autobuying.

#21 CyberMew

CyberMew
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:44 AM

every time the ab refreshes it wont increase the counter. i think that is because of the white pages?

#22 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:49 AM

Pretty sure man. I wouldnt recommend you use programs till things are running smoothly again.

Honestly i wouldnt recommend program use at all but yeah. :p

#23 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:19 AM

every time the ab refreshes it wont increase the counter. i think that is because of the white pages?

It might be because the shop you rs at was empty then.

#24 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:20 AM

Well, if only I read this topic yesterday.
Thanks.

#25 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

It might be because the shop you rs at was empty then.

I'm pretty sure abrosia can detect that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users