Quantcast

Photo

SOTW #14 VOTING!!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
114 replies to this topic

Poll: SOTW #14 (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Which sig is your favorite?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#101 Legault

Legault
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

Is it just me or are these .gif's seriously annoying -.-

#102 Maloo

Maloo
  • 445 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

Just you, sorry
Posted Image

(thanks punk)

#103 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

Posted Image

but it's the best part!!

#104 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:39 PM

Posted Image

#105 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:40 PM

Posted Image

Saying 'I wish i could just push you all down stairs' isn't nearly as fun.

#106 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

I would expect Strategist, who won this contest several times, to be upset that gren scrochio actually won. Given that he has won many times, So either he was in on this, or he won because of the same effect and doesn't care. I liked his art and hope that's not that case, but that's what his, "Nothing went wrong, its all cool, you guys need to back off" attitude tells me.

wait.... What? I have had nothing to do with any of this gren skorcheio shit as i didnt even participate in the last couple of SOTW's. I actually dont give two shits if i win or not tbh. I produce the signatures because i want to, not for the acceptance of the community. If they like what i produce, they like it, if not, then so be it. I have not EVER been any party to vote mongering or the like as i believe its stupid, petty and against the rules and spirit of the competition. People that do this sort of crap are idiots.

I was just saying that if someone thinks that there is cheating going on in any shape or form, to PM the organiser (OR A MODERATOR) and get them to look into it. If they can provide ample proof that someone has cheated then by all means im all for the reporting of it. I'd hate to see someone disobey the rules and spirit of the competition otherwise.

As for the 'nothing went wrong, its all cool, you guys need to back off' attitude, it wasnt meant to come across that way. I was merely saying that when people join the forum and immediately start bashing on other members work (whether it be hard work or a simple 'piece of crap (as others have put it) ) its not the best way to make yourself known to the older members of the community. If they wish to step on peoples toes then so be it, but a simple bit of critiquing is all that shouldve been required. Not someone saying 'to be honest i think whats been produced is shit and no thought gone into it (clearly some of them are a little 'plain' but hey, everyone has to start somewhere dont they?)

So please dont bring me into the spotlight when i have done nothing wrong mate. I dont appreciate it. I was merely trying to get a point across that if someone suspects rule breaking, to report it.

Anyway im done. After this comp im not going to bother. In the past ive had fun producing artwork for others to look at etc etc and have contributed to the prizes too. Now it seems its all too trivial and full of this bullshit.

/rant

Edited by Strategist, 04 September 2011 - 07:47 PM.

#107 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

Look, it's a member-ran contest that isn't official by any means. If you don't like the way it's conducted, don't enter, or go start your own competition with your own rules. Just so long as you're not breaking any forum rules, it's fine.

Also, no flaming is going to be tolerated, as always. 10% if you're flaming, that's the rules.

#108 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

First of all:
Everyone you quoted belongs to the "Tinychat gang"
Just pointing this out.

Second of all:
Who are you to define what's a work of art?
Seriously.During the Renaissance, to be considered art it had to represent reality in a nearly perfect way.And then, many years later comes this:
[/font]
This is Pablo Picasso's Guernica.If you're someone who lived during the Renaissance, you'll probably say this is shit.Just children doodling.
But guess what: it's worth more then one and a half million dollars.It's a lot for "doodling", isn't it?

Why yes. Everyone that I disagreed with did happen to belong to some group that hang out outside of Neocodex. Is that a coincidence, or is it because tiny chat is the reason this happened? I hope its just a coincidence.

And yet against you ignore what I type and link something else that once again, proves my point. This work of art, that is considered art still follows the basic rules of art. It followed all of the basic rules of art, and is thus acceptable as being views as art, and not the drawings of a kindergarten student (Who could do better).

It's more than fair to assume that Bogg says "us" to speak for the Codex community, as it was not him personally being accused of cheating, but the group as a whole.

Possibly, my views on grammar tell me differently, but I could be incorrect and he was talking about the entire community.

Maybe because they're coincidentally the only posts he disagrees with and wanted to reply to?

You don't have to be paranoid about him only hating on "The Gang".

Well Thank you for realizing that :)

You're probably right..We're the only ones with this point of view anyways Posted Image

Another coincidence? :|

Also, iargue, are you trying to say that the "tinychat gang" is promoting voting for certain sigs? How ridiculous. No, they do certainly not. Only 8 or 9 people frequent tinychat, and Cyo doesn't even go in there. What would be the purpose? I'm not even gonna continue the rest, because this is so silly.

Please show where I even mentioned the tinychat group? I did not know that they were part of this. But this is the third time it was brought up by the tinychat group.... weird.

Isolate part of the post and consider it as a whole. Nice debating skills.

You don't complain when Sweeney does this :|

Once again, did it for the lulz, so what? Comedy is also art.
People changing their votes proves nothing, maybe they just realized the majesty of the gren skorcheio or for teh lulz.

I'm sorry. I thought that we where talking about physical art with this competition, hence why it is a signature contest. Next week I will submit my stand up act and let you guys vote on it. Comedy is a different genre of art, and has nothing to do with signatures :|

In the world of probability, they would state that the odds of this happen are "statistically improbable". I'm sure that we just completely defied the rules of odds and that nothing fishy went on though. Forgive me for trying to raise a point.

Anyways. I've pointed out my views, had them ignored, and remade my argument. It will be ignored again, and so that will leave us at the final stage of argueing on the internet. I'm done posting in this topic. I pointed out something I noticed, and a reason that will prevent many new people from entering. If you want more people to enter and participate, I hope you listen, otherwise, maybe boggart can find another contest for people to participate in.

#109 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:21 PM

Possibly, my views on grammar tell me differently, but I could be incorrect and he was talking about the entire community.

By us, I did mean members who have participated and perhaps won multiple times in the SOTW contest. I have no idea why you would assume that I was talking about tinychat group, IRC members, or even chocolate coloured figs. I was defending members here and saying it's not fair to just say we're cheating.

I did not vote for gren skorcheio, I voted for the winner of last week's. I did not talk to anyone about gren skorcheio before I voted, and I did not change my vote when over 85% of people on tinychat thought it was hilarious. You seem to act as if tinychat is some large entity incapable of independent thought and we just plan devious ways to fuck with the community here. Most of the time we just talk about sex and neopets...

#110 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:35 PM

By us, I did mean members who have participated and perhaps won multiple times in the SOTW contest. I have no idea why you would assume that I was talking about tinychat group, IRC members, or even chocolate coloured figs. I was defending members here and saying it's not fair to just say we're cheating.

I did not vote for gren skorcheio, I voted for the winner of last week's. I did not talk to anyone about gren skorcheio before I voted, and I did not change my vote when over 85% of people on tinychat thought it was hilarious. You seem to act as if tinychat is some large entity incapable of independent thought and we just plan devious ways to fuck with the community here. Most of the time we just talk about sex and neopets...

I still fail to recall anywhere that I accused the tinychat group of anything at all do with anything here. Are you all so high and mighty that everything has to do with you guys? I didn't suspect that they had anything to do with it, but given that the members are now taking offense to everything I say as if I'm accusing them directly, it feels like they have a heavy conscience... That you just say "when over 85% of people on tinychat thought it was hilarious".

#111 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

I am going to lock this thread any moment now if this argument doesn't stop right now.

EDIT: Yeah, just keep posting, and I'll keep invisibilizing posts.

Take the argument to PM or something.

#112 Blissey

Blissey
  • 581 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

I am going to lock this thread any moment now if this argument doesn't stop right now.

EDIT: Yeah, just keep posting, and I'll keep invisibilizing posts.

Take the argument to PM or something.

Posted Image

but you need one, its about time.

#113 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:47 PM

You don't complain when Sweeney does this :|

I would if I was discussing with him.

I'm sorry. I thought that we where talking about physical art with this competition, hence why it is a signature contest. Next week I will submit my stand up act and let you guys vote on it. Comedy is a different genre of art, and has nothing to do with signatures :|

Colours main argument was joke=crap;art=good, what I was pointing out was joke=art=good

#114 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:55 PM

I'm gonna go to bed. Just put these images in the correct spot for me when the time calls for them. thanks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#115 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:17 PM

Closing this thread.

I'm going to be honest: Many people in this thread are acting immaturely. I feel that it's going to be too high-maintenance having to moderate this thread, and some of you are getting on the staff's bad side. It's getting to the point where it's taking me away from doing very important things like restructuring our rules, hiring moderators, and touching up our programs/services.

So with that said, I would like for you all to tone it down in the future. Our forum standards have slipped a bit, clearly, and I think that instating warns that actually mean something will help control this a bit in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users