:p

oh!! thanks

#28 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

We had a problem in the past with people that dont like others continually neg repping them for like the slightest of posts. Is this a trial period or is it here to stay?

Trial run.
I already got a negative rep. I'm ragequitting Neocodex right now.

#29 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

Trial run.
I already got a negative rep. I'm ragequitting Neocodex right now.

ppl dont neg rep punk...

#30 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

I tried google, all it spat out was disappointment and unfulfilled dreamings. When I searched Science Dude:
Posted Image
Am I doing it right?

no you didn't, the gif doesn't show up. i will -rep your for this tomorrow.

#31 lackofaith

lackofaith
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

Either way this experiment turns out, it'll be interesting.

no you didn't, the gif doesn't show up. i will -rep your for this tomorrow.

What, you can't do that! Allow me to -rep you in advanced retaliation. :noway:

#32 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

We had a problem in the past with people that dont like others continually neg repping them for like the slightest of posts. Is this a trial period or is it here to stay?

That's already happening. -_-

#33 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

Ii want to post one of the Science Dude going "AMAZING!" perhaps with an exuberant and toothy smile.

This is the science dude I thought of.
Posted Image

#34 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for letting us know man.
I think we should warn those that do this. We have an active staff that can look out for this.

#35 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

I tried google, all it spat out was disappointment and unfulfilled dreamings. When I searched Science Dude:
Posted Image
Am I doing it right?

Posted Image

#36 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for letting us know man.
I think we should warn those that do this. We have an active staff that can look out for this.

Uh... are you going to warn people who +rep people they like? That would be silly, wouldn't it? It only makes sense for people to -rep a post they dislike. I got -repped up in this thread for joking about Retired getting 15 -reps. Clearly someone hates me! Warn them!
Please. It's been 2 hours. Give it a week. People who are going to be butthurt for a negative rep truly deserve their negative rep.

#37 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

I -repd you because you ran into the pet color simulator and confused a grundo with a quiggle. it was a great example for how you have to post EVERYWHERE here, no matter if you know what you are talking about or not. totally -rep worthy if you ask me.

#38 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

I -repd you because you ran into the pet color simulator and confused a grundo with a quiggle.

I must admit, I agree that is pretty dumb. Even Noit knows the difference between an alien and a frog.

#39 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

An interesting move to say the least.

#40 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

Uh... are you going to warn people who +rep people they like? That would be silly, wouldn't it? It only makes sense for people to -rep a post they dislike. I got -repped up in this thread for joking about Retired getting 15 -reps. Clearly someone hates me! Warn them!
Please. It's been 2 hours. Give it a week. People who are going to be butthurt for a negative rep truly deserve their negative rep.

I wouldnt warn the people who plus people they like. They are just making the other feel better.
However neg repping someone expresses negative feeling/connotation, get consistently negged for no reason gets people down.

Therefore hands down, no questions asked, I would warn false neg reps and disregard false plus reps.

#41 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Therefore hands down, no questions asked, I would warn false neg reps and disregard false plus reps.

How would you determine what isn't legit?

#42 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

I wouldnt warn the people who plus people they like. They are just making the other feel better.
However neg repping someone expresses negative feeling/connotation, get consistently negged for no reason gets people down.

But happiness isn't allowed on Neocodex! Haven't you read the rules?

#43 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

The idea is to make the community self-regulating. I would think there is a reason someone is consistently getting -repped. They are most likely exhibiting a behavior that the community doesn't approve of. I would be hesitant to put the Neocodex staff in place to police the actions of everyone else that much :/.

#44 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

But happiness isn't allowed on Neocodex! Haven't you read the rules?

Sounds like it, "People who get butthurt deserve to get neg repped". I think you're right. If people get butt hurt I think they need protection from stuff like this. We shouldn't set them up for real life depression due to an online group of jerks.

The idea is to make the community self-regulating. I would think there is a reason someone is consistently getting -repped. They are most likely exhibiting a behavior that the community doesn't approve of. I would be hesitant to put the Neocodex staff in place to police the actions of everyone else that much :/.

From codexes past we have definitely learned that codex members are unforgiving and like to gang. Once someone gets on the wrong end of things they start to speak louder and louder to protect themselves all the while getting ganged on more and more. See Punks post above, I think that really gets codex in a nutshell. "People who get butt hurt deserve to get negged". We gotta learn from our past and at least the present. We don't have an environment that allows people who made mistakes in the past to get over it and move on.

Oh also why self regulate when you have an active staff now? Just wondering. With an active staff we can make even plus rep actually mean something.

#45 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

I am hoping that these red negative numbers will inspire people to stop shitposting and flamebaiting when they see that OMG people actually don't think I'm funny or cool when I post the first retarded thing that comes to mind.

I see myself mainly using this to knock people off their self-made pedestals

#46 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

I personally think that negative rep should be used very sparingly. From the way it's been going, I think we can already see that this isn't going to work out very well. People will always remember to knock a post down if they don't like it, but often a helpful post will be ignored.

Edited by Neoquest, 20 May 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#47 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

I personally think that negative rep should be used very sparingly. From the way it's been going, I think we can already see that this isn't going to work out very well.

Maybe we should only get one each day. Gives it a bit more weight, too.

#48 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

nymh: i always post the first retarded thing that comes to my mind, but don't give a flying fart about what people think about it or if they - or + rep it. what now? I NEED HELP!

bone: i actually find 3 not that much, 1 would be really not enough!

#49 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

Well....that lasted long..

#50 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

Well....that lasted long..

At least we'll have something to look forward to tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users