Quantcast

Photo

The Codies February Edition Voting

codies the codies

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
250 replies to this topic

Poll: The Codies February Edition Voting (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Friendliest Poster

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Least Friendly Poster

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most Helpful Poster

Least Helpful Poster

Most Random Poster

Biggest Postwhore

The "Who Am I" Award (least noticed poster)

Best Newbie

Most Dramatic

Most Attractive Male

Most Attractive Female

Biggest Creeper (Most dildos in their drawer)

Best Display Picture

Worst Display Picture

Best Signature

Worst Signature

Most helpful Moderator

Best Active Staff Member

Most Interesting Overall Poster

Least Interesting Overall Poster

Best Codex Couple

Best Looking Codex Couple

Best User Comeback

Most Missed

Most Addicted Member

Most Controversial Thread

Most Fun Thread

Stupidest Thread

Thread of The Year

Funniest Poster

Least Funny Poster

Best Troll

Worst Troll (The person who tries to troll and fails the hardest)

Smartest Posts

Silliest Posts

Most Talented

Biggest Flirt

Most Irritating Poster

Best Programmer

Best GFX Member

Next Staff Member

Next Regular User Ban

User Most Likely to Leave Soon

User Most Likely to Get Pregnant Next

Mr Codex

Miss Codex

The Golden Carrot

Vote

#51 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

It feels great to have sat here and made time to type out all my nominees, only to have some of them discarded. If it's all in good fun, then people's silly votes should have been left in, instead of one person picking and choosing who they personally define as a couple and who they think is able to get pregnant or not. He left my stupid one about Pyro699 getting banned, but took him out as my nominee for Miss Codex? I hate Yung and his prejudice!!! Why even bother to get our nominees? Just pick them yourself then.

It's my hormones. I wonder if I'm pregnant.

To be fair I didn't mean to exclude Pyro from Miss Codex, I honestly missed that on your nomination.

The only thing I didn't take was nominations for couples that don't exist, any vote that went along the lines of; "XXXX for all.", and Cronus for most likely to get pregnant.

I didn't think we were really losing anything by cleaning up the nominations a little.

Duly noted for the future though. I'll be sure to make mock nominations for users who never existed. Like Oscar The Grouch. ;)

#52 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Stating that this is disappointing or different from how it used to be is not the same as getting butthurt.  It looks to me like the people who are getting butthurt are the ones who have recently hosted, which while understandable is not what we were trying to accomplish by expressing our disappointment, or at least I wasn't.

And I know this is not all directed at me, but I for one didn't nominate because I haven't been on the internet at all for about a month.  

Why am I disappointed?  I am disappointed to see people like Frizzle and Drakonid nominated for worst troll, or Elindoril for funniest member.  It's like people just wrote down random names for some of the categories.  Did I nominate anyone?  No.  Does that mean I don't have the right to go "wtf" at some of the nominations?  No.

While I understand your argument, other people may just have a different opinion of who are the best and worst trolls. Or who they find funny.
That's a matter of personal preference. There's only so many active members on the forums to nominate, and looooots of categories to nominate in. 
Kinda spreads the butter thin.

#53 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

I'm happy to provide a reason for everyone to use their favorite gifs, however inappropriate a response they may be.

I was merely commenting on the change in procedure. I wasn't hating. Can't a person be disappointed in an outcome anymore? Is it so taboo to bring up the past? Can I not reminisce fondly of days gone by?

As to the whole "if you don't vote you can't complain" bit, two things. One, some people did nominate, and their nominations were censored. Second, I refuse to nominate for a category like the least friendly. That's the same as the grumpy old man, or the trolls if you prefer. There's tons of overlap.Once in a blue moon I entirely agree with you.

When I created this last time it wasn't even originally named the Codies it was meant to be something completely different. People just told me to name it the Codies because it reminded them of when they used to do it. This isn't the old codies, this is something that I made up on my own and people gave input and we added some stuff based from the codies because that's what the users wanted. The users also wanted a poll. That is why there is a change in procedure. This aint your grandma's codies, this is Mishelle's codies. 

Edited by Mishelle, 18 February 2013 - 06:10 PM.

#54 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Geez people! Most Dramatic = ALL OF CODEX

I, for one, hated the fact that I had to answer all of the poll questions as I find a few options questionable to say the least, so I found myself just randomly picking someone just so I could finish it.

Also, good job organising it this time round, Yung.

#55 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Or who they find funny.

Unless people find a weeaboo's life just downright hilarious, I'm not the funniest person on the forum.

#56 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

"This aint your grandma's codies, this is Mishelle's codies"

Dat Adam gives dat nod of approval.

#57 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Unless people find a weeaboo's life just downright hilarious, I'm not the funniest person on the forum.

Well apparently someone thinks otherwise and they're entitled to think so.

#58 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

And I'm entitled to think they're crazy.

#59 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

It's one of the wonders of democratic society - the average person's right to be wrong.

#60 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

I don't understand why people are so...er..."butthurt" about the nominations.

Like Kate said, we simply don't have enough members to really "fit" each and every category.

If you didn't send in your nominations, stop bitching about who got nominated -_-

#61 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

If you didn't send in nominations yes you do have the right to voice your opinion but we also reserve the right to take it with a grain of salt and tell you to take a seat.

#62 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

It's one of the wonders of democratic society - the average person's right to be wrong.

People collectively thinking someone is funnier than someone else isn't wrong.

#63 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

I don't understand why people are so...er..."butthurt" about the nominations.

Like Kate said, we simply don't have enough members to really "fit" each and every category.

If you didn't send in your nominations, stop bitching about who got nominated -_-

Of course, a better solution would have been to cut out all the pointless categories.

People collectively thinking someone is funnier than someone else isn't wrong.

It can be.

#64 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

Of course, a better solution would have been to cut out all the pointless categories.

It can be.

No, that's still a personal preference. 

#65 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

No, that's still a personal preference. 

Personal preferences can be wrong...

#66 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Well in this instance it can't.

#67 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

#68 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Well in this instance it can't.

Another example of democracy in action ^_^

#69 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Being?

It's too subjective in this case (that is unless the majority of users can come to a consensus as to which categories are "pointless").

#70 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Being?
It's too subjective in this case (that is unless the majority of users can come to a consensus as to which categories are "pointless").

That's no excuse not to have a go. Some examples have been pointed out upthread.

#71 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

That's no excuse not to have a go. Some examples have been pointed out upthread.

Then how do we decide which categories are unneeded?

Edit: How do we gauge which topics are "more" pointless then others? 

Edited by Ivysaur, 18 February 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#72 Contrasai

Contrasai
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

EVERYTHING IS POINTLESS.

#73 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

You get someone who's not an imbecile to narrow it down for you. That'd work pretty good.

EVERYTHING IS POINTLESS.

Such as engaging in conversations on this forum any more? So true. *sigh*

#74 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

You get someone who's not an imbecile to narrow it down for you. That'd work pretty good.

Well I understand why no one would want to have a conversation with you.

#75 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

If nothing here is 'engaging' enough to you; why stick around?

The saying, "Don't let the doorknob hit cha where the good Lord split cha.." comes to mind

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: codies, the codies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users