• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#51 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:15 AM

Involving yourself in stolen virtual property from young children is something to ashamed of, not joked about.

#52 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:20 AM

AHHH!! An expose! I feel naked... O_o :p

Being honest is hard eh?  :innocent:

#53 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:36 AM

Being honest is hard eh?  :innocent:

Only when you get caught... lol

#54 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:13 AM

Involving yourself in stolen virtual property from young children is something to ashamed of, not joked about.

Indeed it is. Some people criticise us for the hard line we take on it but I wouldn't have it any other way.

#55 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:05 AM

Indeed it is. Some people criticise us for the hard line we take on it but I wouldn't have it any other way.

BAN ALL THE SCAMMERS!

#56 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

Personally I think the boards actions against scammers is too soft, but at least there are definitive and effective actions against these plague rats.

#57 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

Awesome things in the works, thanks for letting us know what is in store!

#58 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

Out of curiosity, what have activity numbers looked like lately? Any increase with the additional sections?

#59 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:11 PM

Out of curiosity, what have activity numbers looked like lately? Any increase with the additional sections?

On average ~70-100 registrations a week for the past 12 weeks :)

Also, ~270-280 regular users visiting daily.

#60 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

On average ~70-100 registrations a week for the past 12 weeks :)

Also, ~270-280 regular users visiting daily.

That sounds pretty darn good to me!

#61 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

Registrations per day:

a7LdgCF.png

#62 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

Registrations per day:

a7LdgCF.png

Can we see this over a longer period (e.g. 2Y)?

#63 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:22 AM

Can we see this over a longer period (e.g. 2Y)?

I've only got the numbers going back just over a year since these are from my own data rather than from the forum itself:

exeeyG5.png

#64 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:23 AM

• A referral contest!
  • @Emily is going to be liasing with @Pyro699 to get IPB to begin tracking referrals, and then she will be setting up a mondo-awesome contest.
Will this be link based or username based?

#65 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:27 AM

Will this be link based or username based?

Possibly both, I think the mod we'd be likely to use has the ability to do both anyway.

#66 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

I've only got the numbers going back just over a year since these are from my own data rather than from the forum itself:

exeeyG5.png

So by the looks of things, it's gradually decreased over two years but roughly has been maintained the same (I.E the difference seems minimal).

Which brings a major question of why has nothing be done to curb this over the last two years?

#67 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

So by the looks of things, it's gradually decreased over two years but roughly has been maintained the same (I.E the difference seems minimal).

Which brings a major question of why has nothing be done to curb this over the last two years?

I'm impressed by it spiking more during christmas season than AC season, unless I'm reading the graph wrong.

#68 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

You have to consider our performance against that of Neopets since they're inherently linked, over the last year the average amount of active users on Neopets has dropped by 20% (from ~12k last July to ~9.5k now) so we're actually doing pretty well in real terms. Cumulatively we've done better recently than at the same time last year.

#69 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:43 AM

You have to consider our performance against that of Neopets since they're inherently linked, over the last year the average amount of active users on Neopets has dropped by 20% (from ~12k last July to ~9.5k now) so we're actually doing pretty well in real terms. Cumulatively we've done better recently than at the same time last year.

Whilst that may be true and whilst we base ourselves primarily on neopets, we shouldn't base our survival on one site and need to branch out further.

#70 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

League of legends bots when.

#71 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

Whilst that may be true and whilst we base ourselves primarily on neopets, we shouldn't base our survival on one site and need to branch out further.

Which is why we've now got sections for Flight Rising, Blizzard Games, League of Legends and Pokemon and we're going to be introducing trading forums for other games too. Obviously there's more to do on that front but we've made a start and we're expanding on it.

#72 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

I would pat you on the head if possible.

#73 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

Which is why we've now got sections for Flight Rising, Blizzard Games, League of Legends and Pokemon and we're going to be introducing trading forums for other games too. Obviously there's more to do on that front but we've made a start and we're expanding on it.

BnZ_DtSCUAAq1Br.jpg

#74 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

I would pat you on the head if possible.

Probably best not to, I bite.

#75 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

Probably best not to, I bite.

And there's the tuberculosis to consider.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users