Quantcast

Photo

Ghostbusters reboot! Most disliked nonmusic video in YT history?!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Ghostbusters reboot! Most disliked nonmusic video in YT history?! (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you see the Ghostbusters reboot?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:18 AM

The record was set by the rebooted Ghostbusters trailer that was given a staggering 646,600 (and rising) dislikes since it was posted on YouTube, according to Screencrush. If you want to put this into perspective with other movies, the Fantastic Four reboot only got 20,175 dislikes. Ghostbusters has been hated on by people for various reasons, such as audiences being angry over the all female leads, or the film not being in the same continuity as the two original movies.

Watch it for yourself:

- Did you enjoy it or dislike it?

- What did you enjoy or dislike about it?

- Why do you think so many others have disliked it?

#2 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:56 AM

"I'm a crazy black stereotype"

That's what she was saying right?

#3 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:05 AM

It doesn't look as good as the original Ghostbusters, but I'm still going to give it a chance and see it when it comes out.

#4 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:06 AM

This is fucked up lol. This is some hivemind sexism shit. Yeah the original GB was incredible, and I'm sure this won't come close, but who cares? The movie isn't even out yet. No one knows how bad it's gonna be. People do remakes and reboots all the time and there hasn't been a reaction like this, and this franchise isn't even that big. People need to relax.

#5 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:10 AM

This is fucked up lol. This is some hivemind sexism shit. Yeah the original GB was incredible, and I'm sure this won't come close, but who cares? The movie isn't even out yet. No one knows how bad it's gonna be. People do remakes and reboots all the time and there hasn't been a reaction like this, and this franchise isn't even that big. People need to relax.

Yeah, exactly. If they don't like the movie then fair enough but get over that it's an all female cast. It's a nice idea.

Also, relevant:

#6 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:17 AM

People don't dislike it because it's an all female cast, they don't like it because it's littered with movie tropes and stereotypes.

The movie is going to suck.

#7 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:22 AM

People don't dislike it because it's an all female cast

I guarantee you people dislike it for exactly that reason. Terrible movies are made all the time, and this might be another one, but that's no reason for the reaction it's getting. 

#8 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:23 AM

People don't dislike it because it's an all female cast, they don't like it because it's littered with movie tropes and stereotypes.

The movie is going to suck.

To be fair, that's why most people disliked it before the trailer came out lol

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:24 AM

To me it seems like they've gone to a lot of effort to put together an all-female cast purely for the sake of saying that they've got an all-female cast rather than because it improves the story. I have no issue with an all-female cast but that trailer seems confused and just doesn't even look entertaining... :/ Shame really considering how good the originals were (2nd one less so).

#10 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:28 AM

To me it seems like they've gone to a lot of effort to put together an all-female cast purely for the sake of saying that they've got an all-female cast rather than because it improves the story. I have no issue with an all-female cast but that trailer seems confused and just doesn't even look entertaining... :/ Shame really considering how good the originals were (2nd one less so).

Yeah, Melissa McCarthy even said the trailer confused her so who knows. Maybe it's the way it's presented?

http://www.theguardi...-very-confusing

#11 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:33 AM

I don't think any of us are expecting this to be a good movie. But when you see a trailer for a movie you don't want to watch, what do you do? Personally, I forget about it. If I don't want to spend my time watching it, I'm not going to spend my time talking about it. 

These women are all comedians, and they wanted to make a movie together. Even if it's just for that sake, so what? They shouldn't be allowed to do that because it doesn't build on one of the most classic comedies? I think they just wanted to have fun together and now people are accusing them of trying to progress some agenda, when that shouldn't even be an issue at this point.

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:53 AM

But when you see a trailer for a movie you don't want to watch, what do you do?

I seek out the trailer on Youtube and press the 'dislike' button, obvs. :rolleyes:

#13 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:06 PM

I don't think any of us are expecting this to be a good movie. But when you see a trailer for a movie you don't want to watch, what do you do? Personally, I forget about it. If I don't want to spend my time watching it, I'm not going to spend my time talking about it. 

These women are all comedians, and they wanted to make a movie together. Even if it's just for that sake, so what? They shouldn't be allowed to do that because it doesn't build on one of the most classic comedies? I think they just wanted to have fun together and now people are accusing them of trying to progress some agenda, when that shouldn't even be an issue at this point.

Xgka5.gif

#14 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:29 PM

"they just wanted to have fun"?RU4REALZ?

#15 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

@Romy this pleases me

#16 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:33 PM

Were you fans of the original?

#17 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:38 PM

I've seen the movie maybe twice, and it's mediocre at best.

#18 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:48 PM

@Romy this pleases me

We're supposed to argue dude.

I liked them.

I can divorce my personal opinions of the originals when setting my expectations about the reboot however.

#19 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:10 PM

First time watching the trailer after hearing a lot of bad things about it. And to be honest, I've never really watched the original, so it doesn't bother me too much.

Personally, the trailer is not so bad compared to most comedy trailers nowadays. And I don't know 3 of the 4 women there, only Melissa McCarthy. The thing is, I can't find her funny. At all. She's just not funny. And it looks like this movie will be filled with her type of comedy.

I just think this would be better as an animation, at least from what I saw in the trailer.

#20 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

I saw the original when I was a kid because my dad liked to show me possibly terrifying movies. Explains a lot, really. 

First time watching the trailer after hearing a lot of bad things about it. And to be honest, I've never really watched the original, so it doesn't bother me too much.

Personally, the trailer is not so bad compared to most comedy trailers nowadays. And I don't know 3 of the 4 women there, only Melissa McCarthy. The thing is, I can't find her funny. At all. She's just not funny. And it looks like this movie will be filled with her type of comedy.

I just think this would be better as an animation, at least from what I saw in the trailer.

You have to know Kristen Wiig!

#21 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:18 PM

You have to know Kristen Wiig!

I don't :c I googled her and confirmed that I've never watched a movie with her (except for animations, but that doesn't count :p) D:

#22 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:19 PM

I don't :c I googled her and confirmed that I've never watched a movie with her (except for animations, but that doesn't count :p) D:

I demand you go watch Bridesmaids 

#23 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:22 PM

But it has... Melissa McCarthy!*shudders*

I'll give it a try this weekend :p

#24 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:26 PM

But it has... Melissa McCarthy!*shudders*

I'll give it a try this weekend :p

You just might have loved her in Gilmore Girls. 

#25 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:28 PM

I need to do this toooo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users