Quantcast

Photo

What is the stupidest thing you've done?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:53 PM

Go ahead. 

Tell me the stupidest thing you've ever done whether it's funny or sad or really serious.

We've all done some stupid stuff. Let's share. 

In High School I was growing very very tired of my World Literature class, it was over other day and we had to write a paper every single class to practice for our IB exams. Well, I was over it. 100%.

So I took my paper, drew a giraffe and gave it a speech bubble filled with Kanye West lyrics. Handed it in and left. 

My teacher was not impressed at all with me.

#2 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:09 PM

Decided to not take a statistics class and instead test-out. Hands down dumbest thing ever.

I still cannot fucking grasp critical values, p-values and how that works with linear relationships and hypothesis testing. Kill me now.

#3 Sirius

Sirius
  • Azkaban Survivor

• 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:25 PM

When I was a freshman in high school, I went with a friend (who I had only just met that night) with a guy (much older than us) to a hotel.

#4 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:38 PM

I got married when I new it was the wrong thing to do lol that's the dumbest thing I've ever done.

#5 Corry

Corry
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:08 PM

I stole cars when I was 16 because I thought it was cool, and went to jail for a year after being tried as an adult.

#6 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:10 PM

Leaving my account logged in while Elin's around.

haw haw haw

#7 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:20 PM

accidently insulted my sister's newborn baby by saying she looks like a northerner. :doh: my sister just grumbled upon hearing that comment.

(in my defense tho, her husband IS a northerner and they both share dark skins)

#8 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:35 PM

Decide to work for Walgreens.

#9 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:38 PM

This one time, at ban.... *ahem* school, I was part of an electronics class and we were doing an extra curricular session during our lunch break in the lab. Me and my mates were supposed to be making PCB's (Printed Circuit Boards) to use with our next project. 

Of course, my best mate had other plans. He found some brazing rods used for welding and decided to use the buffing wheel to shine them up a bit. He took the first go, turning on the wheel and proceeding to buff the rod. It got caught in the side of the wheel and flung out of his hand, through the ceiling. Me being the fool I am, thought "Hey! That was AWESOME" and tried it myself. Needless to say, this was when it happened. The rod got caught, same as what happened to my mate, but this time, I couldn't move my hand out the way in time. Before I knew it, the rod had slashed my hand to pieces before it then flung off and almost took off my head with it. It missed my head thankfully, but my hand.... I was lucky to not lose the entire thing.

Ended up with 6 weeks off school and my hand in a sling for almost the whole duration of that time. Not to mention the stitches.... 28 in total.

tldr; don't fuck with buffing your rod on a machine which you shouldn't be using in the first place.

#10 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:38 PM

I took an overly technical course I wasn't interested in, at a time when I wasn't interested in studying anyways, and while I sort of liked the teacher and I did attend lessons, I didn't do any study but just copied people's homework (I think I went to google it or asked a friend or some shit). Eventually I even skipped the final exam cos I didn't give a shit about it. Got a straight F for that. Eventually I admitted all this to my prof, she was nice about it even and didn't like take any action against me, just gently hoped it was a good learning experience for me (she didn't even say it judgementally or anything, but really was like it wasn't a deal for her).

...Then of course, I did the same thing again for a different course (minus the cheating but I didn't study at all for it definitely), and this time failing that course meant I couldn't graduate in time with the other people in my university batch. I mean, some people graduate 1 term late, that in itself is not a big deal, but obviously flunking that way is a dumb thing to do.

Both flunks are on my grades transcript, though not on the actual degree cert of course, and directly affect my grade point average andd also were not counted towards my degree requirement at the same time.

#11 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:53 PM

Accidentally kidnapped my sister while avoiding a French presentation in school.

Yes I've mentioned it before. I haven't done much worse.

#12 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:07 PM

Decided to not take a statistics class and instead test-out. Hands down dumbest thing ever.

I still cannot fucking grasp critical values, p-values and how that works with linear relationships and hypothesis testing. Kill me now.

Ugh, I hated stats. I had to retake it too.

Let's see, stupidest thing I ever did was after breaking up with my controlling ex and moved to Tennessee (from Ohio) I let him talk me into moving back to Ohio and try our relationship again, where he proceeded to be even more controlling and ended up getting physically abusive. I left. Back to Tennessee. Met the man of my dreams who I am with now, the smartest decision I ever made.

#13 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:11 PM

Waste 2 years on a girl who couldn't give two shits about me. Then finally started caring when I was leaving her -- too late.

#14 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:25 PM

Waste 2 years on a girl who couldn't give two shits about me. Then finally started caring when I was leaving her -- too late.

The irony: that's how I felt with my ex, he didn't care about trying to keep me until I was leaving... and his name was Adam lol. 3 years tho

#15 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:26 PM

The irony: that's how I felt with my ex, he didn't care about trying to keep me until I was leaving... and his name was Adam lol. 3 years tho

Those Adam's are the devil. Watch out for them.

#16 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:27 PM

Those Adam's are the devil. Watch out for them.

Well, good thing my bf is named Ryan, he is pretty ding dang darn awesome!

#17 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:28 PM

This is why @Adam is still with me to this day.

#18 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:28 PM

This is why @Adam is still with me to this day.

I'm also with @Romy. We are, Road.

#19 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:29 PM

I stapled my finger when I was little just to see how much it would hurt. Yeah...

I'm sure I've done a lot of stupid things as an adult as well, but I can only recall this childhood memory as the stupidest thing I've ever done.

#20 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:31 PM

I stapled my finger when I was little just to see how much it would hurt. Yeah...

I'm sure I've done a lot of stupid things as an adult as well, but I can only recall this childhood memory as the stupidest thing I've ever done.

OMG I have done that as well!!! And I almost let a car run over my foot on accident. In my head, I figured that if the car rolled over my foot fast, it wouldn't hurt. So far, have not tested this theory but have gotten close lol.

#21 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:43 PM

The way I moved out of my parents house to get away from my piece of shit abusive father. I thought I could stay with my boyfriend at the time and make things work in a way I would be able to remove my mum from that toxic environment too. Well, my boyfriend was an ass that didn't mean anything he said about us moving in together because I was too young and he wasn't "prepared" -when he was the one that kept mentioning us having a life together-, and since I didn't even consider going back home, I ended up living in my friend's car fow three fucking months.
(It all ended well in the end. Every cent I made from my job during those months were later used for renting an ap and that helped me helping my mum. But if I could change it I'd have endure those three months in that nightmare of a house and would've worked things in a different and more mature way.)

#22 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:01 PM

When I was about 10, my mum had the cooker going (it was electric) and I had the brilliant idea to see which hob was on. With my hand. Needless to say, putting my hand full on on a hob at its highest setting was both the most painful and stupidest thing I've done.

#23 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:23 AM

I half thought you were gonna say the crime thread xD 

I got married when I new it was the wrong thing to do lol that's the dumbest thing I've ever done.

Still willing to TP his house for you

#24 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:14 AM

Not me, but funny story nonetheless.

A kid I used to go to school with was so thick, when he was told to put a hole in a cardboard box for a project we had to make, the dipshit sat the cardboard on his leg and used a pair of scissors to stab a hole in the box, into his leg..............

Psycho style, raised the scissors above his head and BAM! 

tumblr_lz6q83rJw51qgtcjko1_500.gif

#25 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:57 AM

Taking shots even though I was already drunk due to peer pressure. It never ends well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users