Quantcast

Photo

Pokémon Go FAQ, Help, & Showing off your Catches!

pokémongo pokémon pokéball gotta catchem all

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

#276 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:40 AM

Dammit, I was just biking because that's how you hatch eggs efficiently but it didn't even add one step to my egg's progress :( What am I doing wrong?

They incorporated a speedometer into the game. If you go too fast, it will register that you're in a car. 

Found this out after going on a lengthy ride with my little brother. :/

#277 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:42 AM

Now I get why they blocked us.

geo-apk_vdtw.png

We were only behind the US in terms of traffic in the apk website :lol2: I'm part of the 8.2%!

#278 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:50 AM

They incorporated a speedometer into the game. If you go too fast, it will register that you're in a car. 
Found this out after going on a lengthy ride with my little brother. :/

It's widely believed that 10 mph is the upper limit, although some say it's 30 mph. I lean more towards 10, although I think it's really dependent upon how quickly your GPS keeps up. 10 mph is pretty slow if especially if you're on a bike.

#279 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:22 PM

Still not out in Canada, it's a sad life. I'm super tempted to redownload the APK because I don't want to be behind people who do download it.

Is there a cap to levels? I'm worried there's gonna be some high level people taking over every gym that I won't be able to compete with because they got a head start.

#280 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:44 PM

Still not out in Canada, it's a sad life. I'm super tempted to redownload the APK because I don't want to be behind people who do download it.
Is there a cap to levels? I'm worried there's gonna be some high level people taking over every gym that I won't be able to compete with because they got a head start.

I don't think a cap has been reached yet and people have reported over 25 by now. So yes you'll be at a great disadvantage if the peeps with the apk don't get their accounts banned.

#281 complexion155

complexion155
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:14 PM

I don't think a cap has been reached yet and people have reported over 25 by now. So yes you'll be at a great disadvantage if the peeps with the apk don't get their accounts banned.

Supposedly the cap is meant to be level 50 or so, it is an exponential growth formula they use on it so after 20 or 25 it gets a lot harder to level. Have seen some people post level 25 accounts though

#282 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:43 PM

Ahh, I can't log in! The servers have been so messed up over here. I JUST turned on my lucky egg and incense before it kicked me out again. No perks for me. Bloody nightmare. lol.

Interestingly enough, i had an old friend randomly stop by yesterday. She said she was "hunting" in the area. My whole family ended up hunting with her for a while down the street. :p 

#283 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:01 PM

I thought it was just me having issues.

"Was I banned? WAS I BANNED? AHHHH".

#284 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:21 PM

My damn item bag is full. I should ditch a shiz ton of my potions and revives...

#285 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:20 AM

Is there a way to spoof your gps location for pokemon go?  I don't have a data plan and no pokemon spawn near me.

TLDR: Yes. You would need to root your phone (hidden) and move the gps spoofer to your /system/app folder to bypass the mock gps protection in Pokemon Go. I nolonger need to turn on 'allow mock locations under Developer Options which gets me around the 'failed to detect location' lock in-game when that setting is turned on. 

So many people in Canada are playing recklessly. apk, and mock gps location. I kind of ruined the magic for myself after spending all night yesterday trying to work around the gps protection. Before that, the kids and I were out 5 days in a row having a blast visiting parks which did wonders for my depression/social anxiety. It really stepped up my mom game. But J burned through all out data for the month so I had to get creative, and it's been raining for 3 days so I'm not leaving the comforts of wifi.  I'll put my notes on how I got mock gps location to work for me in spoilers. It's best to assume this is high risk and super obvious based simply on the fact that the google account logs all your location data (read privacy policy) I don't recommend playing with this, but I'm Canadian. have you seen us on twitter? I feel like I'm breaking Amish.

Spoiler

With this I visited a few towns throughout BC and saw that basically everyone is playing the apk, I'm very sure at least one guy in my town also uses mock gps and two accounts for team support/gyms. But mostly I just visit the pokestops and stock up on pokeballs because my ability to throw and miss 10 times consecutively is ridiculous. 

last note: I don't think niantic is going to ban anyone for early access because its a free game with in app purchases. They'd be turning away money along with huge demographics of players that wanted to play that badly. and given how the release went down it was brilliant. Built up so much more hype than giving us a date which honestly would have just generated complaints and disappointment as they go through the growing pains.

Mocking your gps location though is Definitely something they are going to ban for. Super unfair advantage with potential for infinite access to pokeballs/potions/revives means no need for in app purchases and that is something they will come after. 

Edited by 0ryx, 12 July 2016 - 02:27 AM.

#286 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:25 AM

Just as an FYI I know there are a couple of rumors kind of spreading around so I'm going to say here and now that they are false.

First rumor says that any Pokeballs you completely miss hitting the Pokemon with while you're in capture mode if you tap on the ball on the ground while it's rolling away will return it to your inventory. This is false as I've tested this many times today. It would appear that you pick up the ball off the ground, but it just seems to quicken the process that you missed because the number of Pokeballs that is shown doesn't revert to however many you had before you threw the missed ball. In fact I'd say this causes you to waste even more Pokeballs since it causes you to throw some Pokeballs once the ball on the ground disappears.

Second rumor is that if your Eevee's second move is Swift, Dig, whatever else it will evolve into a specific Eeveelution. There are way too many conflicting information on this and from the Facebook group posts I've seen there is definitely no rhyme or reason as to why your Eevee evolved into a Vaporeon and mine evolved into a Flareon and so on and so forth. It's random peeps, get over it.

#287 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:29 AM

It's widely believed that 10 mph is the upper limit, although some say it's 30 mph. I lean more towards 10, although I think it's really dependent upon how quickly your GPS keeps up. 10 mph is pretty slow if especially if you're on a bike.

If I bike normally, it doesn't register my steps. :( Well no point in letting the app open then.

That's my biggest concern actually, that you have to keep the screen active for anything to happen. It vibrates so it could alert you even with the screen turned off. Now the Pokemon Go Plus also makes a lot of sense. If I bike I won't stop every five meters to check my phone. It's better when I walk but still annoying if I'm with people that don't play Go xD

The car ride was very effective in terms of harvesting Pokestops and catching but if I can't make use of my commute to work, I'll maybe be able to play the game once a week (since someone else has to drive me or I won't be able to use the phone either).

One thing I like is that it feels like everyone is playing it. I'm too shy to actually talk to people but when people are checking their phones I'm wondering whether they play Go xD. I don't live in a big city but the few gyms that are there are occupied and I feel close to other fans <3

#288 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:46 AM

One thing I like is that it feels like everyone is playing it. I'm too shy to actually talk to people but when people are checking their phones I'm wondering whether they play Go xD. I don't live in a big city but the few gyms that are there are occupied and I feel close to other fans <3

hehe, i assume that EVERYONE who has a phone with them is playing, and always try to trick them into thinking that I'm not lol, unless i am ordering food at the time and have to pause and explain "sorry, just got to catch this pokemon". :p Such fun!! :) 

#289 xcreamz

xcreamz
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:37 AM

That feel when there are 2 pokestops where you work and someone puts a module on both stops the whole day. 

Living in DC for the summer. Pokestops are everywhere. We have a gym across the street and 2 stops in range of our house. People will just hang out in front of our gate for 10 minutes.

10/10 app

#290 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:38 AM

I've been running around my neighborhood for twenty minutes trying to find this damn beedrill and it hasn't gotten lower than three footsteps this whole time

#291 ninjaweeb

ninjaweeb
  • 91 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:48 AM

I'm giving up. Changing my region to the US. I couldn't stand everyone posting on facebook about their mons.

SHIT I CAN'T MAKE A NEW APPLE ID??! keeps wanting payment method :'( crying

Edited by ninjaweeb, 12 July 2016 - 11:29 AM.

#292 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:45 PM

FYohCNK.jpg

#293 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:46 PM

Spoiler

Why do mobile plans have to be so expensive... ;_; At least I have these two small friends

#294 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:28 PM

Anyone else feel like Razzberries are useless???

Also - just reached level 12. You get 20 great balls!

#295 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:03 PM

Caught a bulbasaur today in an intense battle and felt pretty bad ass about myself

#296 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:48 PM

Is it better to level up many pidgeys to a pidgeotto, or keep discarding pidgeys so you can evolve pidgeotto to a pidgeot? Didn't know if that third tier gave more XP, or if it was proportional.

#297 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:49 PM

Damn guys. You are all probably way higher levels than me. If only I played more than just while I drive. I did pull into a post office yesterday for a gym fight, but my pokemon was beaten within a few hours.

Is it better to level up many pidgeys to a pidgeotto, or keep discarding pidgeys so you can evolve pidgeotto to a pidgeot? Didn't know if that third tier gave more XP, or if it was proportional.

Give more exp in what way? When you transfer? I just thought you got 1 candy and that was it?

#298 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:02 PM

*cries tear of joy*

Dratini is an uncommon hunt at my local lake. Getting a Dragonite is not an impossible dream.

Magikarp is also an uncommon hunt at the same place, but nope. 400 magikarp candies for a gyarados. Nope. Nope. Nope.

#299 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:25 PM

*cries tear of joy*

Dratini is an uncommon hunt at my local lake. Getting a Dragonite is not an impossible dream.

Magikarp is also an uncommon hunt at the same place, but nope. 400 magikarp candies for a gyarados. Nope. Nope. Nope.

There's a dratini one footstep away right now. I'm way too lazy to go get it. This game was not meant for me :p

#300 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:18 PM

OMG, yes I think everyone holding their phone is playing too. Sounds delusional but in this case I truly believe they are

So if I use incense, do I have to be walking around? Or can I take a break from walking/hatching and sit on my couch, light up and wait for the wildlings to come to me?

Edited by neobo, 12 July 2016 - 10:31 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pokémongo, pokémon, pokéball, gotta catchem, all

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

AhrefsBot (1)