• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#501 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:35 PM

Yikes. And this is hella naive because Canada has so many issues as well. Like yeah, the US is hella anti-democratic, and Trump is a garbage bag, but to assume we can just waltz into another country is a bit ironic, especially since so many Americans are vehemently opposed to asylum seekers coming here. And super gross given we don't have the levels of violence, famine, poverty etc like what's happening in many places in Central and South America. I think there are legitimate reasons to want to leave the US, but they don't really boil down to "Trump sucks" for me. Mostly, for myself anyways, the maternal mortality rate here is garbage and our mortality rate is only getting worse, the education system is deeply flawed, healthcare and especially reproductive healthcare is becoming harder and harder to access, there are a lot more human rights violations happening here than people think (prison system, treatment of disabled folks, etc), our country is facing late stage capitalism, and our political system has never been as democratic as many Americans would like to believe. BUT, I recognize I'm still incredibly privileged as an American and it's pretty insensitive/entitled to just assume we have the right to "flee" (that's not even the appropriate word to use lol).

So you're saying there is a limit to how strongly people can react to Trump's presidency?

Like where is the line for you?

Is "liking a status on facebook" not anti-trump enough for you?

How about writing a long ass "note" on Tumblr and sharing it?

Is protesting /too/ intense for you?

That's the problem. We tell each other to boycott companies that act unethically. We say "vote with your dollars" when it comes to a company makes a design decision that we disagree with.

Why can't we change our country of residence if we think our government is beyond repair?

Y'all hypocrites. 

#502 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:37 PM

Codexians are good people.

#503 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:02 PM

Codexians are good people.

Fuck nah I ain't.

#504 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:16 AM

THE RAMBLINGS OF A MAD PERSON

The difference here is that you're supposed to vote with your ballot, that's the fucking point of voting.

"our government is beyond repair"

That's exactly my point, people thinking this have no idea how bad governments can get.

Fuck nah I ain't.

Oh shush.

#505 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:46 PM

So you're saying there is a limit to how strongly people can react to Trump's presidency?

Like where is the line for you?

Is "liking a status on facebook" not anti-trump enough for you?

How about writing a long ass "note" on Tumblr and sharing it?

Is protesting /too/ intense for you?

That's the problem. We tell each other to boycott companies that act unethically. We say "vote with your dollars" when it comes to a company makes a design decision that we disagree with.

Why can't we change our country of residence if we think our government is beyond repair?

Y'all hypocrites. 

I literally said none of that but ok. I said FOR ME none of it boiled down to Trump and then I proceeded to list reasons why FOR ME I would want to change my country of residence. I said it was ignorant and ironic Americans wanna just go where ever they want and think because, by virtue of their American identity, they will be offered a place in countries with equally and sometimes more harsh immigration policies than the US. You can do whatever the fuck you want. So can anyone else, but you completely missed the point of what Drak and I were saying, or you just blatantly ignored the context of what I was saying. Idk if you're just trying to be argumentative or what. 

#506 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:08 PM

Fuck nah I ain't.

Codexians are intelligible people.

#507 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:18 PM

Codexians are intelligible people.

Do you really think I am?

Oh shush.

I shall not be silenced!

#508 ismail22

ismail22
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:51 PM

i think taylor swift isnt hot anymore

#509 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:51 PM

The difference here is that you're supposed to vote with your ballot, that's the fucking point of voting.

"our government is beyond repair"

That's exactly my point, people thinking this have no idea how bad governments can get.

Yes. Because we all know how voting worked out for us in 2016.

You're right. The United States still has a higher degree of freedom than China, we're eating better than people in Venezuela and not committing genocide like Rwanda.

It's relativistic though. Americans are holding their government to a much higher standard than you hold yours to.

blah

nvm. 

#510 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:21 PM

Do you really think I am?

Let's just say you fall in the majority among the people in Codex.

#511 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:54 AM

Yes. Because we all know how voting worked out for us in 2016.

You're right. The United States still has a higher degree of freedom than China, we're eating better than people in Venezuela and not committing genocide like Rwanda.

It's relativistic though. Americans are holding their government to a much higher standard than you hold yours to.

nvm. 

So things didn't go your way once so democracy has failed as a system.

#512 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:43 PM

i think taylor swift isnt hot anymore

I'm not sure if she was 'hot' per se before (though definitely attractive yes). But in any case modern Taylor would be a turn off. I preferred that sweet country gal honestly, sass is great but not to the point where you make a song attacking literally every single ex...

#513 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:35 PM

Game of thrones sucks. 

#514 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:58 PM

There may be more than two genders but far less than 37.

#515 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:51 PM

I'm not sure if she was 'hot' per se before (though definitely attractive yes). But in any case modern Taylor would be a turn off. I preferred that sweet country gal honestly, sass is great but not to the point where you make a song attacking literally every single ex...

I disagree with every part of this statement.

Which is an unpopular opinion of my own I guess.

:)  :)  :) 

Also her concert is on netflix and it's fiiiire.

#516 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:39 PM

I disagree with every part of this statement.
Which is an unpopular opinion of my own I guess.
:)  :)  :) 
Also her concert is on netflix and it's fiiiire.

i fite u irl

#517 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:46 PM

So things didn't go your way once so democracy has failed as a system.

At least twice if you count the Gore/Bush election.

People are allowed to leave one democracy for another perceived as more successful. 

#518 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:19 PM

Starlord is to blame for half the galaxy being dead

I’m pretty sure he’s my soul mate.

#519 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:05 PM

761e343653d6c1fc65c8ec21049ca20e.png

#520 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:05 AM

Alright, I've hidden some posts as per the rules. This is not a debate topic and even if it was, it's unacceptable to start slinging insults at each other. 

5.1 - Do not be cruel, hateful or hurtful to other members. Do not harass other members. Harassment includes, but is not limited to, any type of sexual, mental, forceful, and/or physical harassment.

5.2 - Neocodex does not tolerate any type of discrimination. This includes, but is not limited to, any form of racism, sexism, and/or stereotyping of any group.

Please, do not continue, let's get this thread back on track.

#521 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:25 PM

Again, things not going your way does not mean democracy has failed, you dense dense dullard.

And yes, people can go wherever the fuck they want. Wanting to do it for such petty reasons is what makes them entitled brats.

Alright, I've hidden some posts as per the rules. This is not a debate topic and even if it was, it's unacceptable to start slinging insults at each other. 

5.1 - Do not be cruel, hateful or hurtful to other members. Do not harass other members. Harassment includes, but is not limited to, any type of sexual, mental, forceful, and/or physical harassment.

5.2 - Neocodex does not tolerate any type of discrimination. This includes, but is not limited to, any form of racism, sexism, and/or stereotyping of any group.

Please, do not continue, let's get this thread back on track.

So you delete my posts that didnt have any insults but not this one that has a very direct one?

Be consistent.

#522 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:45 PM

Some people can be dense dense dullards.

#523 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:48 PM

Some people can be dense dense dullards.

Am I?

I mean...the answer is yes but that's not what we're arguing.

#524 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:52 PM

Am I?

I mean...the answer is yes but that's not what we're arguing.

Get a grip, man.

Not every passive aggressive comment is about you.

#525 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:02 PM

Unpopular opinion: Kate is, contrary to belief by a certain someone, consistent with her moderation of this topic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: unpopular opinion, scot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users