226 replies to this topic

#101 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

Fat people make me feel ill.

Agreed.
I'm an incredibly tolerant person but when it comes to obese people, I physically feel sick just by looking at them.

#102 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:58 PM

I used to be fat! Throughout elementary I was overweight, and i decided to start eating better and walking as much as i can.
Being only 5'2, i weigh 100lbs now.
Fat people don't particularly bother me unless they're obese, in which case I have to admit i feel disgusted. Not because of the actual fat but because of the fact that they don't do something about their body being unhealthy. What Gee (was that her?) was saying about how skinny people can be very unhealthy too is really true. I used to be incredibly unhealthy. I probably still am, the last fruit I had was over a month ago and I skip meals like there's no tomorrow, but I'm trying my best to get healthy, and taking 4 pills a day to so. I walk for 45mins a day up and down a hill. It's a bitch but being too thin is just as bad as being too fat.
I don't hate fat people, I more don't understand WHY they don't try to get healthy!
Also i find plump people are cute!

#103 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:23 PM

I used to be fat! Throughout elementary I was overweight, and i decided to start eating better and walking as much as i can.
Being only 5'2, i weigh 100lbs now.
Fat people don't particularly bother me unless they're obese, in which case I have to admit i feel disgusted. Not because of the actual fat but because of the fact that they don't do something about their body being unhealthy. What Gee (was that her?) was saying about how skinny people can be very unhealthy too is really true. I used to be incredibly unhealthy. I probably still am, the last fruit I had was over a month ago and I skip meals like there's no tomorrow, but I'm trying my best to get healthy, and taking 4 pills a day to so. I walk for 45mins a day up and down a hill. It's a bitch but being too thin is just as bad as being too fat.
I don't hate fat people, I more don't understand WHY they don't try to get healthy!
Also i find plump people are cute!

Overweight implies that there is a regular weight. There isn't.

It's not necessarily a choice, but it is something that's one's own affair. I mean, I have to live with my body - you live with yours. Whatever type of body will make you happy, comfortable, and get you through this life, that's the type of body you should have. If I lived in the north, I'd have 5-10 pounds of fat on my body. I don't right now, but I live in a swamp and I sweat out everything I eat. There are multiple factors affecting a population's weight. One is, indeed as Ali said, the government's education about health.

I'm not a healthy eater at all, and yet I'm skinny. I might have weighed above arithmetic mean at one point, but I'm assuredly at average now, for my height. Does this make me socially acceptable? Yes. Skinny people don't get hate. But does it make me any healthier than above average people? Nope. I could die tomorrow of malnutrition and I would neither look like a starving african, nor look like a beached whale.

#104 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:59 PM

Its evolution.
We usually only resort to pokin the fatties when some fine tail is not really an option.

#105 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:16 AM

I lost my train of thought again again again... I think the point I had planned on making was something to do with I don't believe in discrimination of any kind... and that includes weight. Just because someone is "overweight" doesn't mean that they live unhealthy lifestyles. My ex would be considered over weight... though she ate 1/3 of what I did and normally all health food and she exercised at least 4x a week and I haven't exercised in a couple months. Sometimes it is more than diet and exercise and it's the cards life throws at you. =/

Being a little overweight (or as my apartment mate likes to say, "happy" weight) is understandable as genetics ultimately do play a role, but even you got to admit when people do cross the line and get to as much as 50 or so pounds over their recommended healthy weight. It's quite a scary thought if we'd end up just like those guys in the chairs in Wall-E.

#106 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:21 PM

Overweight implies that there is a regular weight. There isn't.

It's not necessarily a choice, but it is something that's one's own affair. I mean, I have to live with my body - you live with yours. Whatever type of body will make you happy, comfortable, and get you through this life, that's the type of body you should have. If I lived in the north, I'd have 5-10 pounds of fat on my body. I don't right now, but I live in a swamp and I sweat out everything I eat. There are multiple factors affecting a population's weight. One is, indeed as Ali said, the government's education about health.

I'm not a healthy eater at all, and yet I'm skinny. I might have weighed above arithmetic mean at one point, but I'm assuredly at average now, for my height. Does this make me socially acceptable? Yes. Skinny people don't get hate. But does it make me any healthier than above average people? Nope. I could die tomorrow of malnutrition and I would neither look like a starving african, nor look like a beached whale.

My post was pretty much agreeing with mostly everything you said, if it didn't come across that way then i apologize for my shitty wording.

I understand that there are many factors influencing a person's weight, but as I said, only OBESE people should change their ways and try to get healthy. MOST people don't have many excuses. At least, I know in Canada we get taught about healthy living since grade 1. How many unhealthy people can really say it's not their fault for being unhealthy? If it's not their fault, for whatever reason, I wasn't talking about them in my post.

#107 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

I kind of laugh when they say, it's not their fault cause their fat.
LIKE reaaaaaaaaaaallllly? How else do you think you got fat? =/

#108 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:35 PM

I don't have a problem with obese people, I'm not attracted to them but if someone is obese I'm not going to be like "OMG WHY ARE YOU FAT? WHY DON'T YOU LOSE WEIGHT?" I don't give a shit whether or not they lose weight, I'm too busy focused on my own body and my own self image.I think chubby chicks are hot though.

Edited by Mishelle, 09 October 2010 - 12:36 PM.

#109 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:41 PM

It's just like a kind of addiction.
Yes, they are wrong and should make something for change it, but mocking them only makes things harder for them.
If you cannot make anything positive, then just ignore them. Insulting them wouldnt make them less fat.

#110 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

Posted Image Some people were born fat / gains weight very easily due to genetics.

#111 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:02 PM

Even I have to call bull on that one.
I know I'm fat. I know I eat chocolate more than I should. Contrary to popular belief some fat people are fat from diff factors. Not all fat people stuff their faces with McDo and fried chicken every fucking meal. I actually don't eat much but when I do it's unhealthy stuff like chocolate. I know why I'm fat. I've lost a few lbs already trying to do something, it's way more to go, but it's a process I'm doing at my own pace.

If you guys also haven't noticed, a good portion of the fat population also relates to poverty. How can poor people afford fresh produce and organic shit when it's so expensive? More likely than not all they can afford is sodium-laden ramen noodles and boxes after boxes of Kraft dinner. Ever notice how McDo and Fast food is so cheap? (Well not in Canada, but in the USA.) It's what they can afford sadly. I'm not going to blame their poverty on their fatness, but it's also a contributing factor and there's tons of evidence with that.

#112 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:12 PM

just like theres always ways to gain weight, theres always ways to lose it. of course you get those with medical conditions, which somewhat explains/ justifies things, but at the same time, 9 times out of 10 its treatable. people need to exercise the control that they have over their own bodies.

#113 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

just like theres always ways to gain weight, theres always ways to lose it. of course you get those with medical conditions, which somewhat explains/ justifies things, but at the same time, 9 times out of 10 its treatable. people need to exercise the control that they have over their own bodies.

You could exercise but still chuff on cheeseburgers and pizza, thousands of calories a day. It needs to be balanced. :\ And starving yourself is NOT a good way to lose weight.

#114 bigtymerz05

bigtymerz05
  • 475 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:01 PM

i lost 15lbs in a month just did a lot of cardio but i still ate like crazy hahah!

#115 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:44 PM

You could exercise but still chuff on cheeseburgers and pizza, thousands of calories a day. It needs to be balanced. :\ And starving yourself is NOT a good way to lose weight.

i didnt literally mean "exercise" i meant exercise the control they have over themselves, i.e - learn to discipline themselves when needed. I said nothing about starving yourself.

#116 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:41 PM

i didnt literally mean "exercise" i meant exercise the control they have over themselves, i.e - learn to discipline themselves when needed. I said nothing about starving yourself.

I didn't mean the starving yourself comment to you. Sorry!
But to share a story, I am just frustrated at individuals who think starving themselves for a week or something is going to make you lose weight. It's a horrible cycle of binging which will result in more weight gain than anything. I know someone who tried to be anorexic and thought he could lose weight by not eating any meals at all then he'd go and stuff himself with many fattening foods because he could not take his hunger anymore. It's really sad. Your body will absorb that food like a sponge because it's been mistreated and it thinks it'll be in starvation mode again.

And yes, people do need to discipline, same goes for smoking cigarettes! People don't understand also that for the especially obese people that food is an addiction. Like cigarettes are. To cigarette smokers, you just can't stop like that easily. Having self-control is very difficult ... I've seen smokers trying to quit. It's hard. Food is also an addiction and like the situation I described with smokers, it is difficult for them to just "stop eating". When they eat so much like that it's hard for their bodies to adjust because they're so used to eating that much. I'm not condoning obesity but I am also trying to promote understanding of other people (yes, even the really ~*DISGUSTING FAT OBESE MONSTERS!!11 Posted Image~*~) because in the end we're all human and I am really against de-humanizing anyone, whether it be obese people or sluts. Or any other people. There's always an underlying cause as to why they're the way they are.

If fat people make you ill, deal with it. The world doesn't revolve around you and your needs. Whoever thinks they're so self-important other people need to cater and change just for some group of people are really egotistical. Get over yourselves. I'm so sick of hearing people saying, "ohoohho they take my bus seat! they stink! blahkbh lahv" boo hoo it's not the end of the fucking world. Go sit somewhere else or deal with the smell -- there's people who aren't fat and smell like the sewage.

Of course, since racism and sexism are highly frowned upon in our societies, and when using black people or women as a scapegoat is no longer acceptable, fat people are the new things to blame in the world. Posted Image

#117 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:02 AM

But to share a story, I am just frustrated at individuals who think starving themselves for a week or something is going to make you lose weight. It's a horrible cycle of binging which will result in more weight gain than anything. I know someone who tried to be anorexic and thought he could lose weight by not eating any meals at all then he'd go and stuff himself with many fattening foods because he could not take his hunger anymore. It's really sad. Your body will absorb that food like a sponge because it's been mistreated and it thinks it'll be in starvation mode again.

And yes, people do need to discipline, same goes for smoking cigarettes! People don't understand also that for the especially obese people that food is an addiction. Like cigarettes are. To cigarette smokers, you just can't stop like that easily. Having self-control is very difficult ... I've seen smokers trying to quit. It's hard. Food is also an addiction and like the situation I described with smokers, it is difficult for them to just "stop eating". When they eat so much like that it's hard for their bodies to adjust because they're so used to eating that much. I'm not condoning obesity but I am also trying to promote understanding of other people (yes, even the really ~*DISGUSTING

Some time ago I actually was addicted to sugar or sweet things for around two years, wich made me go up to 90kg (my recommended weight is around 62). I had the hardest time when I started a diet, cause I was no longer allowed anything sweet. I had to follow the LCHF diet for 3 months just to get rid of that "addiction". Couldnt even eat fruit :p
I now realise too that it really can be an addiction once you get to a certain point, and it's not just as easy as it sounds to stop. However it's never impossible if you really want it, and that's what I always get angry about when I see fat people because in alot of cases it is just lack of self control so it's their own fault.
In the very beginning I did starve myself for a week or so though, and I did loose weight. Unfortunatly that resulted in eating like a pig afterwards haha. I prefer eating 5 or 6 times a day, small and healthy choice portions ^^

#118 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:46 AM

And yes, people do need to discipline, same goes for smoking cigarettes! People don't understand also that for the especially obese people that food is an addiction. Like cigarettes are. To cigarette smokers, you just can't stop like that easily. Having self-control is very difficult ... I've seen smokers trying to quit. It's hard. Food is also an addiction and like the situation I described with smokers, it is difficult for them to just "stop eating". When they eat so much like that it's hard for their bodies to adjust because they're so used to eating that much. I'm not condoning obesity but I am also trying to promote understanding of other people (yes, even the really ~*DISGUSTING FAT OBESE MONSTERS!!11 Posted Image~*~) because in the end we're all human and I am really against de-humanizing anyone, whether it be obese people or sluts. Or any other people. There's always an underlying cause as to why they're the way they are.

If fat people make you ill, deal with it. The world doesn't revolve around you and your needs. Whoever thinks they're so self-important other people need to cater and change just for some group of people are really egotistical. Get over yourselves. I'm so sick of hearing people saying, "ohoohho they take my bus seat! they stink! blahkbh lahv" boo hoo it's not the end of the fucking world. Go sit somewhere else or deal with the smell -- there's people who aren't fat and smell like the sewage.

Of course, since racism and sexism are highly frowned upon in our societies, and when using black people or women as a scapegoat is no longer acceptable, fat people are the new things to blame in the world. Posted Image

A+ post

Honestly if a person really has their emotions/day effected by someone else's body, they need to fix their priorities.

Posted Image

#119 orangejuice

orangejuice
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

Fat people are still responsible for being fat. Some people have hypothyroidism, but you can control that with exercise, medication, and eating right. Some people emotionally eat but that's still no excuse. You control how much exercise you get and how much you eat so it's just silly to say you can't help being fat. I don't mind fat people it's just really annoying when people say "oh, it's my thyroids fault." It's normally not unless you're not taking your medication.

#120 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:58 PM

Sometimes even cultural factors tend to make a population fat.
Just like cara stated, in some countries like Canada they teach kids healthy ways of living, in other places fast food is propagated.

But even if everything is against someone, there is no pretext to not to try.
But that doesn't mean you have the right to mock of him/her, you can do nothing to help a stranger but to not make it harder for him/her.

#121 DragonEx

DragonEx
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

Your wrong about people not being able to control being fat. Some can't. Some aspects are generic and other psychological.

What he say is what I feel too. Some are generic

Edited by DragonEx, 17 October 2010 - 07:09 PM.

#122 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:16 PM

Sometimes even cultural factors tend to make a population fat.

At what point can we start holding people responsible for their actions?

#123 xavarn

xavarn
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

Most people in this thread symbolize the #1 problem in America when it comes to being "fat" or more politically correct, obesity: that is, ignorance.

#124 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:42 PM

Most people in this thread symbolize the #1 problem in America when it comes to being "fat" or more politically correct, obesity: that is, ignorance.

You dont have to be identified with the thread to post on it.
Also, a lot of people here isnt from U.S.
Dont prejudge randomly.

#125 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:56 PM

DOUBLE POST.

Edited by jaredennisclark, 17 October 2010 - 08:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users