Photo

[Auto Players] Neggsweeper Autoplayer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#26 Pafs

Pafs
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:43 AM

Hey man, really nice work, just to point out a minor mistake, on the about page it says scorchy slots, not neggsweeper. Keep it up! + rep :D

#27 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:46 AM

Hey man, really nice work, just to point out a minor mistake, on the about page it says scorchy slots, not neggsweeper. Keep it up! + rep :D

Yeah xD i noticed that last night :) Its fixed in the upcoming version though :)

Thanks
~Cody

#28 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:14 PM

The Fixes are up guys :) Please let me know if you run into any more bugs :)

#29 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:03 PM

Couple quick suggestions on play limiting:

Stop after x games
Stop after x minutes
Stop after winning x

Some of us like to overplay, so advanced stopping options would be nice. Thanks!

#30 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:30 PM

Couple quick suggestions on play limiting:

Stop after x games
Stop after x minutes
Stop after winning x

Some of us like to overplay, so advanced stopping options would be nice. Thanks!

He refuses to conform to our standard of doing things :(. All of the other autoplayers have this option.

#31 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

I give him credit for getting a functional prog out there. I'm sure that with the request will come results ;)

#32 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:52 PM

I give him credit for getting a functional prog out there. I'm sure that with the request will come results ;)

Yeah. Thats pretty much all we are caring about right now, is content.

Though I keep telling people. Abrosia as 10k downloads more then other programs...

#33 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:20 AM

Abrosia is pretty much like the cake and everything else is the icing on the cake. And if you don't like cake...go make your own analogy.

The Fixes are up guys :) Please let me know if you run into any more bugs :)

Can't minimize the mine window now...

Also in regards to the programs algorithm, is flagging the neggs really necessary? Seems like it would save a minute or two each game if it didn't need to flag the mines.

Edited by Faval, 22 November 2010 - 07:21 AM.

#34 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:41 PM

Yeah xD I removed all the buttons on the top but forgot to keep the minimize one -.- ill add that back in.

The thing about marking off all the mines is that it reduces the number of calculations that need to be done... But if you really want that ill add in an update to give you the option to flag the mines if you wish. It also increases chances for random events and looks more human.

~Cody

#35 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:05 PM

Yeah xD I removed all the buttons on the top but forgot to keep the minimize one -.- ill add that back in.

The thing about marking off all the mines is that it reduces the number of calculations that need to be done... But if you really want that ill add in an update to give you the option to flag the mines if you wish. It also increases chances for random events and looks more human.

~Cody

Hmmm, I don't really care that much about the later feature but I like the minimize button so people won't go what's that?

Well I don't really know how you're doing the calculations in the program but how many extra calculations would it do without the flagging? I guess you're right that it's probably more human to flag it, there aren't too many people out there that bother to play minesweeper without flagging.

Edited by Faval, 22 November 2010 - 01:06 PM.

#36 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:12 PM

Hmmm, I don't really care that much about the later feature but I like the minimize button so people won't go what's that?

Well I don't really know how you're doing the calculations in the program but how many extra calculations would it do without the flagging? I guess you're right that it's probably more human to flag it, there aren't too many people out there that bother to play minesweeper without flagging.

In my research for the program ive run into sites that have "professional minesweeper players" and in all honesty they dont always flag all situations. They do flag ones that might add in confusion... but places like where theres a string of ones that form an L and you KNOW theres a mine at that corner... they dont flag that to help decrease their time.

The method i came up with places a variable beside each "blank tile" that is touching a number... So come around the end of the game your going to have 40+ variables to calculate... And unless you have a decent computer (not everyone does... poor shadowlink64) those extra calculations could take up the same amount of time as clicking on the mines... I am however working on a different method now that i have a better understanding of some of these operations ^^

~Cody

#37 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:08 AM

In my research for the program ive run into sites that have "professional minesweeper players" and in all honesty they dont always flag all situations. They do flag ones that might add in confusion... but places like where theres a string of ones that form an L and you KNOW theres a mine at that corner... they dont flag that to help decrease their time.

The method i came up with places a variable beside each "blank tile" that is touching a number... So come around the end of the game your going to have 40+ variables to calculate... And unless you have a decent computer (not everyone does... poor shadowlink64) those extra calculations could take up the same amount of time as clicking on the mines... I am however working on a different method now that i have a better understanding of some of these operations ^^

~Cody

Yes, I had those guys in mind when I suggested it. Crazy people clearing minesweeper hard difficulty with double digit times(seconds).

Hmm so you're dynamically assigning variables? I thought you'd be using a grid like method and placing values into that grid.

On the other hand, I notice a minor bug, the program stops like 1 win before you reach your np limit if you have that checked. But the display says Limited Reached Nope. Maybe there's a slight lag between the two?

#38 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

~Cody

Placing variables makes no difference. You should be using the key element that gives Python an advantage that others don't (as easily), pointers. I just committed my version and it is very simple. Later, I will put in a bruteforce function (mark a spot as a mine/safe spot and run the calculations to see if it works out) if you don't want to make one which is very easy as well.

Just test if it is a hint cell (status) and if there are any remaining unknown cells around it (cell list), then change one of the unknown cells (the cell list contains pointers), run the calculation. If it returns False, it is impossible and you pretty much narrowed down the possibilities right there. I even added in a way to copy the entire board for you.

#39 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:58 PM

Thankyou Kway :) For going out of your way to try and topple the one thing i felt proud of ^^

#40 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:57 PM

Thankyou Kway :) For going out of your way to try and topple the one thing i felt proud of ^^

You're welcome but I didn't go out of my way for this. I love solving logic puzzles and coming up with efficient code to solve this puzzle is a puzzle itself (god, I can't stop thinking of how this relates to calculus) so I see it more as a game.

You don't have to use it, just consider it as learning material.

If you mix:
  • Multi-cycle Datapaths (I never realized an Assembly Language course was so useful nowadays)
  • Data Management and Algorithms (Pointers inside objects to other objects is more effective than referring to a list of objects)
  • Logic
  • Picross (or Nonograms for being awesome logic puzzles and showing bruteforcing isn't as hard as it looks)
  • Neggsweeper (for obvious reasons)
You get my procedure for calculating things in Neggsweeper.

#41 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:32 AM

Any idea how long is it safe to run this program? I don't play minesweeper myself and I have no idea how long a normal person could sit there and play this game.

#42 darkmagegurl

darkmagegurl
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

Just a suggestion, but maybe you could get it to click the neggs around the bombs first, to increase the chance of finding bonus neggs. Furthermore, starting at the corner means that there are less chances of there being a mine around it..

I suppose it helps to finish the game, but it doesn't help when trying to top the high score list.

Edited by darkmagegurl, 01 January 2011 - 07:33 PM.

#43 Shirwinator

Shirwinator
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:22 AM

i love this, but today it won 5 games to get me 3000 np. but it lost 13

#44 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:25 AM

Did you read the initial post......?

"This game has been proven NP=P which indicates that there is no 100% method to win ALL games. This means that you will lose games, this being said it is very possible for you to lose 10 games before you win 1... This is completely built on chances and luck, the algorithm used is one of the better ones but does not mean you will win them all. I do not want to hear people complaining about having a high loss rate. During testing i had a 67% ratio for one run and 13% on another its all about luck..."

#45 Konpaku

Konpaku
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:43 PM

This is the first program I've used - I love Neggsweeper and minesweeper, but I don't always have the time - this has made it much easier for me to aim for that trophy ;P
It's fun to see a program use the sort of logic you would use playing a game.

Thank you very much! +rep

#46 raK

raK
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

haha, i suck at neggsweeper, thanks

#47 ovonel

ovonel
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

Error: The status bar says program idle, even though the program is actually running. Image shown below
How to Reproduce: Run the program and press the start button
Severity: Minor, Cosmetic

Posted Image

#48 Falien

Falien
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

Great job. I usually end an hour-long session with around a 50% w/l.

#49 AngelicDarkness

AngelicDarkness
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

Just got the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/cdx/svn/checkout/core/trunk/Program Manager/ProgramManager.py", line 1223, in run_with_except_hook
  File "Programs/1026/NeggSweeper.py.nc", line 181, in run
  File "Programs/1026/NeggSweeperInc.py.nc", line 254, in Guess
IndexError: pop from empty list

My settings are the ones you get when you first use the program. If you want any more information, I will try and provide it to the best of my abilities. 

#50 demondragon

demondragon
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:07 AM

This one stopped last night. When you hit start, it brings up the mine field. Then it doesn't start. Tried many times and throughout the day. Anyone else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users