• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:47 AM

So this is more about what YOU discriminate against. Let's be honest; for different reasons we act negatively towards certain people before we get to know them. I'm not saying it's fair, but unless you are some sort of angelic being, there must be some kinds of people that you discriminate against. I have 3:

1) Old people. They're always so grumpy and think that they deserve so much and that they're always right. I realize that because they have lived so long that they have their ways and values set and it's very difficult to change their minds, but it doesn't give them the right to be assholes. I hate serving old people at work. Old people are also the ones who tend to discriminate against me and think I don't speak English. And they don't fuckin' watch where they cross the street. Bah
2) Obese people. Short and simple: I used to be obese and changed my ways, and now I'm quite healthy. To me, there has to be some point where you realize you've gone too far and you need to make a lifestyle change. Yet these people don't seem to; especially when they come to my deli and order 800grams of mock chicken (which is 27% fat btw). I know it's not always completely their fault, and not saying they're not nice people (They're usually more polite than the old people), but it's a different kind of prejiduce I guess.
3) Native Americans. I am sorry for those of you who are in fact, First Nations because I realize that this is something you have to deal with everyday (people judging you) but after all I've been through in my life, it's hard not to judge them. My city has a very large population of Native Americans, and a lot of them get into trouble. 90% of the adult male jails in my province are filled with Native Americans, 70% in the adult females and 60% in juvi. This is ridiculous. Also, one help up my sister with a gun while at work (she works in a pharmacy). Sorry people, but there's a reason there's such a harsh stereotype towards them.

However: when all is said and done, I am not steadfast in these judgements as I totally realize they're not highly accurate; but I just can't help myself, especially when the stereotypes are reinforced >_< It doesn't even have to be big ones: It could simply be people with dyed hair = shallow or people who don't properly use "your" and "you're" = uneducated.

Wanna discuss yours? Is yours Asian? I admit that I think that old Asian people will have an accent; mostly because 90+% do (since our generation is mostly first generation, so by next generation a good chunk of adult Asians will speak fluent English). Is it white people because you think they're snobs? Mexicans for being lazy? Did a goblin once rape your dog? Discuss.

Edited by Boggart, 03 December 2010 - 09:50 AM.

#2 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:56 AM

Okay, I got to admit, much as I don't wish to,. I discrimate against fat, sweaty, rude, black ( not really, they just left me with a bad impression ), "poopay-like people" with body odour. I just can't help it.Posted Image

#3 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:56 AM

Okay, I got to admit, much as I don't wish to,. I discrimate against fat, sweaty, rude, black ( not really, they just left me with a bad impression ), "poopay-like people" with body odour. I just can't help it.

haha well the point was to maybe discuss you felt this way, but it's a start :p

I admit that if I"m in a warm crowded area and I have to walk past an obese person, I hold my breath. Especially at the gym. I'm sorry, but I dont like the smell of BO.

#4 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:03 AM

haha well the point was to maybe discuss you felt this way, but it's a start :p

I admit that if I"m in a warm crowded area and I have to walk past an obese person, I hold my breath. Especially at the gym. I'm sorry, but I dont like the smell of BO.

Uhm, because they smell like Posted Image

#5 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:08 AM

Uhm, because they smell like Posted Image

are you saying Black people smell like emoticon too? :p

#6 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:11 AM

are you saying Black people smell like emoticon too? :p

Maybe :p Not blanket criticizing, just some of them :p But okay, most blacks I know are rude snobbish people who likes to pick on others, that's why I shun them

#7 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:13 AM

Maybe :p Not blanket criticizing, just some of them :p But okay, most blacks I know are rude snobbish people who likes to pick on others, that's why I shun them

there are black people in your country? O.o

and is it appropriate to say "blacks"? Just a question, I never know what to call Black people who aren't from America >_<

#8 bakedpotato

bakedpotato
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:31 AM

I dont understand whats wrong with black... theres worse shit you could say. Honestly, I don't see how people get offended by words in the first place..

#9 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

I get nervous around any man when Im walking by myself.

Creepers.

Oh, and any child between the ages of 11-17 at the mall.

They're likely their to just stand around, take up space, and bother the other people there.

OH. And young people in the movies in large groups. 90% of the time, theyre just really loud, running back and forth through the aisles, and/or sneaking into a movie theyre obviously not old enough to see. :(

Edited by Maeghan, 03 December 2010 - 10:35 AM.

#10 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

I dont understand whats wrong with black... theres worse shit you could say. Honestly, I don't see how people get offended by words in the first place..

Of course you wouldn't. You're a potato

#11 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:35 AM

there are black people in your country? O.o

and is it appropriate to say "blacks"? Just a question, I never know what to call Black people who aren't from America >_<

Racism is over, at least in my view. ESPECIALLY in America with Obama being president.

Mine is young black people/Muslims without life experience (read: respect for anything different than themselves)

#12 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:38 AM

Racism is over, at least in my view. ESPECIALLY in America with Obama being president.

Mine is young black people/Muslims without life experience (read: respect for anything different than themselves)

But isn't it hard to tell people who don't have life experience? :p

#13 bakedpotato

bakedpotato
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:39 AM

i wouldn't go as far as to say racism is over...

to answer the question though,

rich people that didn't work for it. people that get shit handed to them and have no understanding of hard work or the value of anything.

Edited by bakedpotato, 03 December 2010 - 10:41 AM.

#14 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:39 AM

I get nervous around any man when Im walking by myself.

Oh, and any child between the ages of 11-17 at the mall.
They're likely their to just stand around, take up space, and bother the other people there.
OH. And young people in the movies in large groups. 90% of the time, theyre just really loud, running back and forth through the aisles, and/or sneaking into a movie theyre obviously not old enough to see. :(

I guess I don't really discriminate against youth since I'm one of them xD I love taking up space (well I just do D:)

Where do you live? Where I Live, there are no youths running around xD Some are loud though; mostly stupid people who like repeating funny lines right after they've just been said.

#15 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:45 AM

Posted Image

I'll just put this here, LOL.
I don't really have a discrimination. Except against those who are rude and are blatantly racist and politically incorrect. I guess that's all... I think I learned a lot from knowing different types of people and just my classes in general. But I'll just leave this picture over here. :D

#16 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:49 AM

Im in the US.

And maybe its my fault for only going to the dollar theatre. But theyre always talking loudly, the bright light for their cells shining, and switching places in their seats. Its really annoying,

#17 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:52 AM

Im in the US.

And maybe its my fault for only going to the dollar theatre. But theyre always talking loudly, the bright light for their cells shining, and switching places in their seats. Its really annoying,

that's weird, that never happens here :p Although I'm in Canada so we're more polite

UNLIKE YOU AMERICANS! *discriminate*

#18 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:55 AM

No.

Umm honestly the only people I discriminate against are young mothers in my area. In my city there's no reason for a girl to have a baby when she's not ready. They seriously have tons of places to go that give out condoms, even to high school kids. There's also clinics for free birth control and they come to the schools and talk to them, no parental consent needed. It's all free, free drs exams for people who don't have health insurance or even if they're on their parent's insurance and they don't want their parents to know. Like they srsly hand out everything a chick needs to not get pregnant.

And yet there's so many pregnant girls who are really young. They're mostly Mexican because I live in San Diego and they're Catholic so they get married really young, we have a huge Mexican population. They just annoy me because they're so stupid. One girl told me she didn't use condoms because she was Catholic, but she also wasn't married so if you're gonna break one rule why not break the other one? And theyre usually poor so they ride the buses and they take up all the handicapped seating and handicapped parking from the old people and disabled people who really need it.

Edited by Mishelle, 03 December 2010 - 10:59 AM.

#19 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:58 AM

Similar in my city, except Native Americans. They literally get free condoms due to their treaty thing, yet they refuse to wear them. When I see a young native girl (like 16-20) with 2-3 kids, I can't help but judge...

#20 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:13 AM

Hey now, remember that condoms arent always effective.

And why is it the GIRLS responsibility to make sure the guy uses a condom. Why not blame the baby daddy as well?

<--- young mother who DID use a condom. :p

#21 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:18 AM

And why is it the GIRLS responsibility to make sure the guy uses a condom. Why not blame the baby daddy as well?

Well the fact that I every time I took the bus I would see young native mothers with children, sometimes 2-3 on the same bus ride, it makes me doubt that every single one of them used birth control

And I didn't mean to imply that it was the girls job; but the girls get free birth control too. Men and women get free condoms, girls get free pills and stuff.

although when I see a young mother with a young father it does make me smile a little, because sadly that isn't rare too :( (The father sticking around I Mean :p)

#22 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

It is sad that baby daddys dont stick around. But I'm lucky. -cracks the whip at boyfriend-

On another note,

I tend to discriminate against "scene" or "emo" kids.

The fact that they run around screaming shit like "Muffins are hot!", "rawr", or "I wuv cupcakes", and then you ask, "What the hell? Do you have brain damage?", and then they say, "No! I'm just being random!".

Like being random is so funny. They're just filling up silence with utter nonsense. Rageee.

#23 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:30 AM

While I agree that it takes two to tango and both of them have responsibility. I believe the girl has more responsibility because she has to has to make the ultimate decision what to do if she gets pregnant.

#24 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:31 AM

It is sad that baby daddys dont stick around. But I'm lucky. -cracks the whip at boyfriend-

On another note,

I tend to discriminate against "scene" or "emo" kids.

The fact that they run around screaming shit like "Muffins are hot!", "rawr", or "I wuv cupcakes", and then you ask, "What the hell? Do you have brain damage?", and then they say, "No! I'm just being random!".

Like being random is so funny. They're just filling up silence with utter nonsense. Rageee.

Haha I don't actually know any of those kinds of people xD Although I think they and I would get along... because I basically have ADHD, except I can control. 'Cept when I'm intoxicated

I also tend to discriminate people that doing anything harder than pot :/

#25 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users