Discrimination

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#26 togepi

togepi
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:52 PM

This is a great topic. +1 Boggart.

Anyway, I probably only have 2 main ones. Young mothers and white people that have everything handed to them. So pretty much typical white Americans.
Since I've started high school, I've seriously watched 15-20 14-17 year old girls go through their pregnancy. Surprisingly only 1 of the girls baby didn't survive and another one had SEVERELY underweight twins because she smoked throughout her ENTIRE pregnancy. I don't understand why the fuck you would want that. I mean, I guess I'm a little biased because I fucking hate children with a passion and don't really see why they don't abort it. We live less than an hour away from Atlanta. They have like 10 abortion clinics there. Plus, since day 1 they've been drilling into their heads about safe sex. They have a shit ton of clinics here, just like mentioned before, that give free condoms and birth control. Why would you ever raise a child in such an environment? At least 10 of the girls boyfriend's left after the baby. They all drop out. It just doesn't make any sense to me. It's disgusting in my point of view because every one I've seen has been a completely unfit mother. One of them said the most exciting thing about having a baby is that she can dress it up in cute outfits, like it was a doll. I mean, hats off to you if you can have a child at that age, keep the baby daddy, finish high school, etc. That takes real talent. But most of them just breed more children that continue on the tradition of teen pregnancy.
As for the white Americans, I've grown up to where I've had to work hard and wish and beg for anything I wanted. Neither one of my parents have gone to college - they're laborers. Since I was really young, I'd throw tantrums watching all these privileged brats get the things I always longed for and they NEVER appreciate it. They never understand the concept of not having what they want. They throw it aside after about a week and move onto the next thing. Even my boyfriend, he just bought himself the iPhone 4 the other day. He already had the 3G and bitched about it ALL the time, like oh woe is fucking me, AT&T and Apple suck. Then when things like when I suggest get go out to eat, he asks if I'm going to pay. He doesn't understand that my money source doesn't constantly replenish like his does and doesn't realize how much I value a dollar.
Wow, /major ranting.

#27 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

Hmmmm.... my discrimination is usually political. I hate popular conservatism in America because it isn't conservatism. Calling for lower taxes is not a solution to governance. Devolving the government back to the states does not solve every problem. When I watch Jon Stewart (just do it once, if you've never) and I see a montage of interviews with self-identifying 'conservatives' saying we're losing our freedom, we've got to take back Washington, we've got to lower taxes, and decrease spending, it just comes off as completely ignorant. Like, these people are running our country, yet they don't know the first thing about economic cycles, the process of building a nation, or the very real truth that we've already spent money to establish and build Social Security to the giant it is today. They want to 'cut and run' to borrow a phrase from G.W. Bush's campaign talking points. Conservatives should know the name Hayek. And Friedman as well. Anyone who doesn't is guilty of bullshit posturing.

For backup, I goto the news media.

Alan Grayson is the best speaker the House has heard in a while...

To be sure, idiots exist on both sides of the spectrum, but some people, we can all agree on:

:p

#28 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:45 PM

I'm very specific in my discrimination as it's only stuff I've noticed by direct observation repeatedly

Old male Italian drivers: Can't drive for shit. I'm extra careful when walking near them. They can't really see too well but drive out of pride I guess. Noticed this because I spent a lot of my time in an Italian part of Montreal (Italian school+Italian grandparents)
Middle aged and 'mature' french woman (35-50): Total bitches. Have not met a single nice older french woman. All are quite nasty. 60% of them look identical. 5'4, 160 pounds, short 'spunky' hair

#29 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:45 PM

This is a great topic. +1 Boggart.

As for the white Americans, I've grown up to where I've had to work hard and wish and beg for anything I wanted. Neither one of my parents have gone to college - they're laborers. Since I was really young, I'd throw tantrums watching all these privileged brats get the things I always longed for and they NEVER appreciate it. They never understand the concept of not having what they want. They throw it aside after about a week and move onto the next thing. Even my boyfriend, he just bought himself the iPhone 4 the other day. He already had the 3G and bitched about it ALL the time, like oh woe is fucking me, AT&T and Apple suck. Then when things like when I suggest get go out to eat, he asks if I'm going to pay. He doesn't understand that my money source doesn't constantly replenish like his does and doesn't realize how much I value a dollar.
Wow, /major ranting.

There are people of every race that have things handed to them. Affluence is not itself the problem. It's the attitude that comes with never desiring something you need, only things you want. The rich never have to worry about needs (food, shelter, etc.) by definition. If you're rich, you can afford to support yourself comfortably. I don't understand railing against people that have worked hard to build their wealth. Their spoiled offspring, maybe, but then who do you blame for the jeune richese having such poor attitudes?

Also, I don't think your boyfriend asking if you're going to pay for yourself is something to complain about :p It sounds like he values his dollar just as much as you.

#30 Chase

Chase
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

i'm living in SG, so things are quite different over here. being a country with a huge mixture of races, we CLAIM to be very tolerant of one another.

however, in truth, this is merely a facade. when i am around someone of another race, sometimes, there is this feeling of 'i do not want to be around you, but i have to'.

racial riots were abound in our earlier days, so i presume this is our own way of 'preserving' the awkward peace and stability.

in sum, i believe quite a portion of us, will discriminate against others, who do not have similar demographics like ourselves.

Edited by chronosxii, 03 December 2010 - 04:49 PM.

#31 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:22 PM

Random aside here: I like you. A new member who can write out an understandable and well thought out response to a question and represent it in a mature way... and English is probably your second language. I applaud you and hope other newer members can follow your lead. :)

Now, dicksucking aside, I'll point back to my original post in this topic for no spam. :p

Actually singapore is pretty english. British imperialism I think

#32 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:23 PM

Empire builders represent.

#33 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:00 PM

The rest of the human race.

Seriously, people suck.

#34 Andy

Andy
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

I'd like to think I don't discriminate, but I do, especially against people who are blissfully bordering on utter mental retardation, yet still think they are top shit.

Edited by Andy, 03 December 2010 - 07:15 PM.

#35 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:30 PM

3) Native Americans. I am sorry for those of you who are in fact, First Nations because I realize that this is something you have to deal with everyday (people judging you) but after all I've been through in my life, it's hard not to judge them. My city has a very large population of Native Americans, and a lot of them get into trouble. 90% of the adult male jails in my province are filled with Native Americans, 70% in the adult females and 60% in juvi. This is ridiculous. Also, one help up my sister with a gun while at work (she works in a pharmacy). Sorry people, but there's a reason there's such a harsh stereotype towards them.

Ouch bro :(

1)People in other countries who hate America without reason. I am beyond sick of people who think that America is full of stuck up, ignorant snobs, etc etc. They are like, "They know nothing about us" and yet they dont know anything about us. I hate it even more given that there is an 85% chance that our country is giving them economic aide money, while they claim that we do nothing to help, or that we only care about ourselves.

2)Cheaters. They do permanent damage to the person they cheat on, enough said. (Maybe an exception or two. Like if the other person cheated first)

#36 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

there are black people in your country? O.o

and is it appropriate to say "blacks"? Just a question, I never know what to call Black people who aren't from America >_<

If you say black, you can get into a fight :p

#37 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:43 PM

If you say black, you can get into a fight :p

Wut. What do you say then? african american is rarely right. especially in Canada :p

Empire builders represent.

Cue Simon and his anti-imperialist Commie message

#38 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:52 PM

Wut. What do you say then? african american is rarely right. especially in Canada :p

Ah you don't comment on their skin color unless you know them :)

#39 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:53 PM

Oh, fair enough

#40 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

Personally, the only people I discriminate against before getting to know people, are chicks who look "fake" or really preppy. They just annoy me, even before I hear them talk, though most of the time it gets a lot worse once they open their mouth. :crybaby:

That being said, some of them have turned out to be really really nice.

#41 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:03 PM

Correction: It gets a lot better when they open their mouths. It gets much worse when they begin to talk. ;)

Hahahahah true enough :thumbsup:

#42 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

Ah you don't comment on their skin color unless you know them :)

No. They are fucking black. Thats all there is to it. "African-America" or "African-Canadian" doesnt fucking count because THEY WHERE BORN HERE. 99% of the time.

They call me white, I'll call them black. Its a fucking color.

Saying, "African American" is putting an emphasis on their race.

#43 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

No. They are fucking black. Thats all there is to it. "African-America" or "African-Canadian" doesnt fucking count because THEY WHERE BORN HERE. 99% of the time.

They call me white, I'll call them black. Its a fucking color.

Saying, "African American" is putting an emphasis on their race.

African-American is a citizen of the United States that claims African descent.
You don't call a citizen with Asian descent Yellow.

Don't be ignorant.

#44 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

I go by Black because I'm not from Africa.

And I totally have prejudices against all of the sorority girls at my university. I have never met one who wasn't a super preppy, Abercrombie and Fitch loving, Uggs abusing, conservative, airhead, rich, snobby basic bitch. Like they're fucking annoying because they're all apart of The College Republicans and Intervarsity which is a huge ass Christian club. But then you see them posting pictures on facebook of themselves at their Anything But Clothes parties getting shitfaced wasted with some guy rubbing his dick on her ass. I went to one sorority party and I'll never go to another one again. They played nothing but the same Top 40 songs over and over. None of them could dance, they did the same "rub your butt against the guy's crotch" dance. Every 5 seconds someone went "WOOOOO!" and the guys were obnoxious popped collared hot messes who treated the girls like common whores.

Like I seriously cannot stand these bitches. Last semester I sat next to 2 girls who were in a sorority and the whole semester all they talked about was their sorority and all the drama going down with the other sisters, they never learned a word of French. And I have a deep seated hate for people who have been in a French class for weeks and still pronounce verb endings with American accents, THE-ER IS FUCKING SILENT YOU DUMB HOS.

#45 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:07 PM

Don't be ignorant.

His skin isn't actually yellow, you idiot.

#46 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:21 PM

Don't be ignorant.

I would ;)

No, but for real, I don't give a crap. If someone takes offense when I call them black, that's they're problem, not mine.
Why people take offense to such things in the first place is beyond me.

Anyways, for me, it's
1) Anyone who has an accent. Now, slight American accents I don't mind. (If you talk with a little southern accent, or the accent that they have here in upstate NY, idc.) However, if you have a full blown spanish, german, redneck, whatever it be accent, I will totally avoid you at all costs.

2) Boys that wear tight pants. I fucking hate you.

3) People with too many facial piercings. I don't even like the look of one, let alone 5.

I can't think of anything else. :innocent:

Edited by oreo12, 03 December 2010 - 10:23 PM.

#47 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:37 PM

His skin isn't actually yellow, you idiot.

Neither is his skin black.
Mainly because black isn't a color, you idiot.

#48 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:28 AM

Anyways, for me, it's
1) Anyone who has an accent. Now, slight American accents I don't mind. (If you talk with a little southern accent, or the accent that they have here in upstate NY, idc.) However, if you have a full blown spanish, german, redneck, whatever it be accent, I will totally avoid you at all costs.

Top of de murnin to ya guv'na!

Neither is his skin black.
Mainly because black isn't a color, you idiot.

That's why I use negro, it's more accurate.

#49 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:27 AM

I discriminate against...

(a) Sexist assholes. You would think that since we're in a world that has graduated from dial-up, people would cut that sexism crap, but noooo. I live, incidentally, as a yellow person. The average idea I've seen is that males are more worthy because they are 'heirs' to their family name. Now why the fuck should anyone care if the family name goes down in history or in smoke? If one Lee dies, a thousand and five hundred Lees remain, so that excuse just doesn't cut it. Never mind the 'girls are lousier than guys' mentality people. I just want to buy a pot and practice cannibalism on them every time I hear those words.

(b) Anti-gays. Everyone has their own cup of tea and their own plate of opinions. When they start acting like this though : http://blog.golemon....t-say-that.html

© Opinion-echoing people -- they need to grow their own opinions in little pots and stop stealing seeds from their neighbours. I dislike people who parrot others opinion without thoroughly researching/understanding exactly what is it that they're parroting, instead repeating it with a zealot's irrationality. If you've got an opinion, good for you. Just make sure it wasn't because you heard it from mom/dad/teachers/friends.

#50 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

© Opinion-echoing people -- they need to grow their own opinions in little pots and stop stealing seeds from their neighbours. I dislike people who parrot others opinion without thoroughly researching/understanding exactly what is it that they're parroting, instead repeating it with a zealot's irrationality. If you've got an opinion, good for you. Just make sure it wasn't because you heard it from mom/dad/teachers/friends.

Totally agree. When I get in... "friendly debates", I always ask for proof. Why do they think that? What experience do you have? And they're like, "Well...darrrr... My pastor/parent/teacher said it."

Another one:

Anyone who claims to be "individual or unique", and they dress/talk/act the same exact way as all of their friends. This tends to run in the emo/scene groups, and they all the same hair cut, wear the same clothes, say, "I luv muffins" and other nonsense.

... Yes, i do dislike scene/emo kids very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users