The Iron Thread

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#326 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:30 PM

thanks dude :D

Well the pain's more tolerable now, i guess cause the weather's lightening up.

Went over to the pharm today, i got flaxseed oil supplements because the shark cartilage pills were waaay expensive and the shop assistant told me it helps the joints as well. I hope it does :p

other cheaper supplements you might want to look into are glucosamine sulfate which supports health and strength of connective tissues. this goes hand in hand with the ability for your body to support range of motion in of joints (around 10-15 bucks for 30 servings). you could also look into chondroitin and hyaluronic acid (however these are pretty expensive but reviews they have worked great)

#327 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:34 PM

thanks dude :D

Well the pain's more tolerable now, i guess cause the weather's lightening up.

Went over to the pharm today, i got flaxseed oil supplements because the shark cartilage pills were waaay expensive and the shop assistant told me it helps the joints as well. I hope it does :p

yah cold weather=bad for joints ;/ I get a very sharp pain in the cold it blows..just wondering does your knee hurt once you wake up? or walking up steps?

#328 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

I guess I have some good tips to share. I'm no professional body builder but I highly recommend using Jack3d for lifting weights. It's a pre-workout supplement that amplifies ATP (the stuff that makes you move, AKA energy) and increases reps and maxes. On Jack3d my bench went up 20 pounds, parallel squat went up 15 pounds, power clean went up 10 pounds (I have no form in power clean) and I trimmed down several pounds. It's not a miracle supplement, you still need a good diet and exercise.

Here are my stats now:

Weight: 173
Parallel Squat: 315
Bench Press: 225
Power Clean: 205
Front Squat: 255

I'd say it's done me pretty decent.

#329 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:12 PM

I guess I have some good tips to share. I'm no professional body builder but I highly recommend using Jack3d for lifting weights. It's a pre-workout supplement that amplifies ATP (the stuff that makes you move, AKA energy) and increases reps and maxes. On Jack3d my bench went up 20 pounds, parallel squat went up 15 pounds, power clean went up 10 pounds (I have no form in power clean) and I trimmed down several pounds. It's not a miracle supplement, you still need a good diet and exercise.

Here are my stats now:

some nice stats bro, what routines did you use/are you on? im going to go try some strength training after i get better from this flu and i also need to figure out my 1rm's

#330 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

Here are my stats now:

Eh never taken or heard of Jack3d, and most likely wont take it. I would just think that a person who takes it would just go crazy or make excuses once you don't have Jacked for that day. I'm usually good anytime i lift, 10-20 jogs, and then blast the music and lift some big ass weight

Day earlier
15min inclined walk
Squats 135x12, 225x8, 315x6,404x4,495,2,545x1,605x1
Front squats
4x15 135
Leg ext 3x15 200
Legpress 3x12 600lbs
Single leg squats 2x10
Frog Jumps (: Cramped up and will never do again!

Edited by dk8932, 12 January 2011 - 08:24 PM.

#331 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

some nice stats bro, what routines did you use/are you on? im going to go try some strength training after i get better from this flu and i also need to figure out my 1rm's

Well, it'd be a long list so I'mma try to sum it up; I usually do a lap (1/4 mile) warm up, Do a core lift for for 10 minutes straight with 6 reps, 6 sets then turn to auxiliary (3 reps, 6 sets, depends on core I did that day) and finish with a cool down lift like up right rows

here's an example:

Monday:

Warmup Lap 3 minutes
Bench Press 6 reps 6 sets 10 minutes
Incline Bench 6 reps 3 sets 5 minutes
Dumbell Press 6 reps 3 sets 5 minutes
Tricep Extension (Skull Crushers) 6 reps 3 sets 5 minutes
Tricep Pressdown 6 reps 3 sets 5 minutes
Dumbell Flies 6 reps 3 sets 5minutes
Up right Rows 3 reps 3 sets 5 minutes

total: 45 minutes-ish

It's a shorter workout but it helps to isolate just the area you want to work on.

Eh never taken or heard of Jack3d, and most likely wont take it. I would just think that a person who takes it would just go crazy or make excuses once you don't have Jacked for that day. I'm usually good anytime i lift, 10-20 jogs, and then blast the music and lift some big ass weight

Huge misunderstanding right there. Jack3d amplifies ATP, which is energy. In no way does it affect you like testosterone pills or some other powders (one guy claimed he killed his wife due to using some powder or something. Pretty grisly.) At most you'd be like a person with a good dose of coffee. More of a nuisance than a threat.

Edited by Apothykrer, 12 January 2011 - 08:27 PM.

#332 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

Huge misunderstanding right there. Jack3d amplifies ATP, which is energy. In no way does it affect you like testosterone pills or some other powders (one guy claimed he killed his wife due to using some powder or something. Pretty grisly.) At most you'd be like a person with a good dose of coffee. More of a nuisance than a threat.

Lol I know that is different then test boosters and etc. But Again I did say I did not know what it was, that was until I did my own research.I may go out and try it out, looks like it does contain Schizandrol A which tells me alot about the product (: I'm never against a product as long as it helps you out. But again usually I myself am fine with my lifts. Other powders? I hate hearing about roid rage and how it can kill -_-

Edited by dk8932, 12 January 2011 - 08:53 PM.

#333 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:59 PM

Lol I know that is different then test boosters and etc. But Again I did say I did not know what it was, that was until I did my own research.I may go out and try it out, looks like it does contain Schizandrol A which tells me alot about the product (: I'm never against a product as long as it helps you out. But again usually I myself am fine with my lifts. Other powders? I hate hearing about roid rage and how it can kill -_-

Which is why you have to stay away from testosterone pills. It's the rough equivalent of middle grade horse steroids to people around the age of 18 to 23-ish. I like Jack3d since it's pretty hard to break the instructions: never go over 3 scoops. It wears off and you don't feel much of a drop in energy depending on how hard you worked out of course. I recommend 1 scoop to start off with. The only negative thing I've heard about Jack3d was that some sensitive people do feel like their faces itch during the effect of it but nothing serious like kidney stones or something malevolent like that.

#334 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

Which is why you have to stay away from testosterone pills. It's the rough equivalent of middle grade horse steroids to people around the age of 18 to 23-ish. I like Jack3d since it's pretty hard to break the instructions: never go over 3 scoops. It wears off and you don't feel much of a drop in energy depending on how hard you worked out of course. I recommend 1 scoop to start off with. The only negative thing I've heard about Jack3d was that some sensitive people do feel like their faces itch during the effect of it but nothing serious like kidney stones or something malevolent like that.

I'm pro for t-boosters. Never taken it before but met many people who have done so. A Lot of men, and women past 30-60yr old, and including people my age in the gym and in perfect health. Watch the Documentary bigger stronger fast (:it'll help clear up alot of misunderstood information about roids, and its uses. I have never met one user who has had a issue with health that directly correlated with the use of steroids. Roid rage is misunderstood by most of the people who don't know about testosterone boosters (:

Edited by dk8932, 12 January 2011 - 09:26 PM.

#335 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:08 PM

Well, it'd be a long list so I'mma try to sum it up; I usually do a lap (1/4 mile) warm up, Do a core lift for for 10 minutes straight with 6 reps, 6 sets then turn to auxiliary (3 reps, 6 sets, depends on core I did that day) and finish with a cool down lift like up right rows

here's an example:

Monday:

Warmup Lap 3 minutes

It's a shorter workout but it helps to isolate just the area you want to work on.

my god, i hope you're supersetting those excercises or else rest between sets are like....15-30 seconds?

I'm pro for t-boosters. Never taken it before but met many people who have done so. A Lot of men, and women past 30-60yr old, and including people my age in the gym and in perfect health. Watch the Documentary bigger stronger fast (:it'll help clear up alot of misunderstood information about roids, and its uses. I have never met one user who has had a issue with health that directly correlated with the use of steroids. Roid rage is misunderstood by most of the people who don't know about testosterone boosters (:

im taking a testosterone stimulator herb, works pretty well so far. i agree steriods use has been blown way out of proportion. with proper cycling, pct, post and present then side effect should be minimal.

#336 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

my god, i hope you're supersetting those excercises or else rest between sets are like....15-30 seconds?

im taking a testosterone stimulator herb, works pretty well so far. i agree steriods use has been blown way out of proportion. with proper cycling, pct, post and present then side effect should be minimal.

minimal and its all reversible! (:

#337 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

other cheaper supplements you might want to look into are glucosamine sulfate which supports health and strength of connective tissues. this goes hand in hand with the ability for your body to support range of motion in of joints (around 10-15 bucks for 30 servings). you could also look into chondroitin and hyaluronic acid (however these are pretty expensive but reviews they have worked great)

Alright noted. If the flaxseed oil supplements doesnt work ima visit the pharm once more with a list :p

yah cold weather=bad for joints ;/ I get a very sharp pain in the cold it blows..just wondering does your knee hurt once you wake up? or walking up steps?

On bad days when i wake up yea, theres a sharp pain and it probably wont go away for the rest of the day. I usually end up applying heat rub lotion to ease the pain and wear a knee guard over. Walking up steps....Eh if i climb more than 3 stories really quick at one go then yea, it'll start to feel sore.

#338 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:53 AM

Rest? You mean like after your done with a lift you immediately change weights for your next lift or rest as in you stand around? We're not really allowed to stand around in our class. Our coach gets pretty angry about that.

#339 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

Monday:

Warmup Lap 3 minutes

Rest? You mean like after your done with a lift you immediately change weights for your next lift or rest as in you stand around? We're not really allowed to stand around in our class. Our coach gets pretty angry about that. .

Ahh I prefer not to do upright rows...Prefer to do my dumb bell circle workout (sort of like DB raises) I think Brah means the break you take between each set... I personally like to get maximum effort out of lifts, so I don't prefer to do 15-30 secs but rather 1min. Your teacher doesn't like it when you stand around? Does he not like breaks between sets?

Alright noted. If the flaxseed oil supplements doesnt work ima visit the pharm once more with a list :p

On bad days when i wake up yea, theres a sharp pain and it probably wont go away for the rest of the day. I usually end up applying heat rub lotion to ease the pain and wear a knee guard over. Walking up steps....Eh if i climb more than 3 stories really quick at one go then yea, it'll start to feel sore.

hmmm you should try using WebMD, or Yahoo Questions for your problem. Their are some very great people on there who can point out what exactly might be wrong. Just make sure you add your weight, any previous doctors visits about your injury, symptoms, and etc. That's a pain that is just a bitch (:

#340 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

Ahh I prefer not to do upright rows...Prefer to do my dumb bell circle workout (sort of like DB raises) I think Brah means the break you take between each set... I personally like to get maximum effort out of lifts, so I don't prefer to do 15-30 secs but rather 1min. Your teacher doesn't like it when you stand around? Does he not like breaks between sets?

No, hes a pretty strict guy. If we do it too much we do something called AA day. It's short for Attitude Adjustment. It's mostly just lunges with a plate [45 pounds] over our heads and bear crawls for the entire hour non-stop. He's fine if we drink water or blow our noses now and then but his motto is "You can sleep when your dead" as noted by the large board in the weights room that says "You can sleep when your dead" in big bold letters.

I don't really like dumb bell lifts. I've never really thought that dumb bell lifts help a lot. I prefer anything that focuses on more than a single area since I'm a discus and shot put thrower and use a lot of explosive power for it.

#341 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

No, hes a pretty strict guy. If we do it too much we do something called AA day. It's short for Attitude Adjustment. It's mostly just lunges with a plate [45 pounds] over our heads and bear crawls for the entire hour non-stop. He's fine if we drink water or blow our noses now and then but his motto is "You can sleep when your dead" as noted by the large board in the weights room that says "You can sleep when your dead" in big bold letters.

I don't really like dumb bell lifts. I've never really thought that dumb bell lifts help a lot. I prefer anything that focuses on more than a single area since I'm a discus and shot put thrower and use a lot of explosive power for it.

Yea I used to throw back in highschool only for my senior year. Did shotput, jav, and a little discus. PRs were 48shotput, 164 jav throw, and discus was like 125? Not very good but was a great start for me in HS. Hbu? Full body work outs are great. I'm changing over to a powerlifting/olympic lifting program soon. Clean and press, powercleans, etc etc

GET YOUR PUMP ON!

Posted Image

#342 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

Rest? You mean like after your done with a lift you immediately change weights for your next lift or rest as in you stand around? We're not really allowed to stand around in our class. Our coach gets pretty angry about that.

coach?? is this for a sport?

#343 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

It is very ironic, that a thread like this would appear on a site devoted to such a sedentary pass-time as an internet game.

#344 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:47 PM

Yea I used to throw back in highschool only for my senior year. Did shotput, jav, and a little discus. PRs were 48shotput, 164 jav throw, and discus was like 125? Not very good but was a great start for me in HS. Hbu? Full body work outs are great. I'm changing over to a powerlifting/olympic lifting program soon. Clean and press, powercleans, etc etc

GET YOUR PUMP ON!

Posted Image

^Little freaky^
This'll be my second year throwing. Last year I finished with 35' 5" on shot, 104' something on disc and we're not allowed to throw jav cause people get hurt or something.

And we call the weight lifting teacher "coach" since well... No one calls him anything else except "sir".

#345 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

^Little freaky^
This'll be my second year throwing. Last year I finished with 35' 5" on shot, 104' something on disc and we're not allowed to throw jav cause people get hurt or something.

And we call the weight lifting teacher "coach" since well... No one calls him anything else except "sir".

holy smokes, i think i only got 7-8 feet in shot put, although that was like elementry, i'd love to try it again tho. how heavy are the shot and disc

#346 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

holy smokes, i think i only got 7-8 feet in shot put, although that was like elementry, i'd love to try it again tho. how heavy are the shot and disc

Shot is only 12 pounds and discus are only like 5 or so. This year I'm practicing with the college one which is 20 pounds I think.

#347 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:32 AM

im taking a testosterone stimulator herb, works pretty well so far.

Decided to pull off the top 3 scientific articles off of scholar

Article 1

Spoiler

Article 2

Spoiler

Article 3

Spoiler

Article 4

Spoiler

*All articles were arbitrarily chosen with no bias towards those which supported the notion that TT did increase test levels

inb4 " iunno man i can kinda feel it in my dick herp derp derp"

#348 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

iunno man i can kinda feel it in my dick herp derp derp

but seriously with zma and tribulus i've been getting more restful sleeps, improved workouts, massive gains. maybe its just a placebo effect but i wake up with dat dere morning wood every day. also in class when girls wear leggings. i have to shift positions, and can't even think sometimes.

#349 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:52 AM

iunno man i can kinda feel it in my dick herp derp derp

but seriously with zma and tribulus i've been getting more restful sleeps, improved workouts, massive gains. maybe its just a placebo effect but i wake up with dat dere morning wood every day. also in class when girls wear leggings. i have to shift positions, and can't even think sometimes.

i know right fuark HAHAHAHA

u just creep without even realizing it to the point where u dont give a fuck and u just stare...imagine ppl watching u stare..

#350 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

i know right fuark HAHAHAHA

u just creep without even realizing it to the point where u dont give a fuck and u just stare...imagine ppl watching u stare..

they stare, i ain't even mad

Posted Image

come to think of it, i think girls look better not in jeans

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users