The Iron Thread

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#276 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:22 AM

hes trolling you, hes my bro irl

theres no way he actually does 3 5kius a day, but if he actually is......i know for a fact he is magnesium deficient so it wudnt matter!!!!!!

Aka a lot of washroom trips.

My workout last night. Todays off because of snow.
Day 2 Back (PF)
Dumbbell Pullover: 2 warm up sets 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps
Close-Grip Pulldown: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps
One-Arm Row (each arm): 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps
Cable Row: 1 warm up set 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps
Deadlifts: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set 8-10 reps

If you guys didn't know this is a Dorian Yates program that I've looked into. 6 weeks of this whole program to give my body a change.
Anyone else care to post their workouts?

And that's a pretty intense day 2 workout, do you do rest days after a week of the schedule?

#277 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:45 AM

Anyone else care to post their workouts?

Well yesterday was chest day, so I did barbell flat bench, decline dumbbells, a little bit of incline barbell press, some dumbbell incline flies (super-setted with push-ups), then I finished the workout off with some cable flies super-setted with dips.

Today is back day, not 100% sure what I'm doing yet. A lot of wide grip chin-ups, dead lifts, pull downs, and rows. :crybaby:

#278 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:03 PM

Well its not like I don't take lifting seriously.. I go like probably 4 times a week but I don't want to get bulky which is why I only do protein shakes like occasionally but recently stopped cause it made my stomach queezy. Do those Amino acid drinks do anything? People carry them sheets in the gym like its purple drank or something...

If your afraid of getting bulky you should get a better workout program. There are different ways to approach lifting that suits what you want. There are lifting for people who want to bulk up, and there are ones that help tone

Aka a lot of washroom trips.

And that's a pretty intense day 2 workout, do you do rest days after a week of the schedule?

only rest days will be saturday, and sunday. I'm going to keep this program up for 6 weeks (i hope) todays workout

Day 3 Delts/Tri (PF)
Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 2 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps
Side Lateral Raise: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps
Low-Pulley Delt Raise: 1 set of 6-8 reps
Reverse Dumbbell Flyes: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps
Triceps Pushdown: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps
Lying Triceps Extensions: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps
Seated Triceps Press: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps

Edited by dk8932, 29 December 2010 - 12:01 PM.

#279 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:58 AM

If your afraid of getting bulky you should get a better workout program. There are different ways to approach lifting that suits what you want. There are lifting for people who want to bulk up, and there are ones that help tone

only rest days will be saturday, and sunday. I'm going to keep this program up for 6 weeks (i hope) todays workout

Day 3 Delts/Tri (PF)
Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 2 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps
Side Lateral Raise: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps
Low-Pulley Delt Raise: 1 set of 6-8 reps
Reverse Dumbbell Flyes: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps
Triceps Pushdown: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps
Lying Triceps Extensions: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps
Seated Triceps Press: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 8-10 reps

Which program do you follow?
Seems like something P90X would offer, but not quite sure.
Sounds like you're one committed gymnite!

#280 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:14 AM

Which program do you follow?
Seems like something P90X would offer, but not quite sure.
Sounds like you're one committed gymnite!

The P90X and the program I'm using are pretty different. As for a gymnite probably. I'm still trying to cut back on weight and etc. Also plan on competing again in powerlifting. I think I can do pretty well just doing lifts raw.

#281 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:13 AM

My workout partner competes in some power lifting competitions, and body building competitions. More so bodybuilding competitions then power lifting :p He was trying to get me to compete in the light class in a year or two but I don't know lol

Shoulders today! Might throw in some tri's, depending on how I feel.

Barbell Shoulder Press - 6 sets, 2 warm-up, 3 working, 1 light set lots of reps (12x12x10x8x6x15)
Arnold Presses - Same as above, without the warm-up
Lateral raises (to the side and front) - 3 sets of 10-12
Shrugs - same as Arnold Presses
Decline shoulder press - same as above (Friends pushes weight up, I lower it really slowly, works very good)
Might throw in some other exercises such as clean and press or low cable raises, depending how I feel

#282 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:52 PM

The P90X and the program I'm using are pretty different. As for a gymnite probably. I'm still trying to cut back on weight and etc. Also plan on competing again in powerlifting. I think I can do pretty well just doing lifts raw.

I couldn't tell the difference cause I followed P90X for a while, but I only focused on the core.
Oh you do competitions? Explains the intense workouts..

#283 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:11 PM

I couldn't tell the difference cause I followed P90X for a while, but I only focused on the core.
Oh you do competitions? Explains the intense workouts..

I did do one competition during highschool which was went ok. Competed in the squat, and clean. This wasn't a huge competition but more with local high schools.
I mean the workouts are you know alot of singles. alot of one rep failures. Olympic style lifting I learned from people who actually competed nationally in both powerlifting, and bodybuilding.
I'll prob go back to that regimen and post the workouts

#284 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

I did do one competition during highschool which was went ok. Competed in the squat, and clean. This wasn't a huge competition but more with local high schools.
I mean the workouts are you know alot of singles. alot of one rep failures. Olympic style lifting I learned from people who actually competed nationally in both powerlifting, and bodybuilding.
I'll prob go back to that regimen and post the workouts

Wait aren't the olympic style consisting of one reps?
Because in canada there aren't competitions like that just some bodybuilding competitions so I only know some of the workouts for gaining mass quickly but not really sure about strength (powerlifting).

#285 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

Wait aren't the olympic style consisting of one reps?
Because in canada there aren't competitions like that just some bodybuilding competitions so I only know some of the workouts for gaining mass quickly but not really sure about strength (powerlifting).

yes they are similar. So much of the information is one click away on google. sites like t-nation, bodybuilding can help you alot. theres really no way to gain anything quickly. everything takes time unless you decide to try a t-booster and etc. also there are plenty of ebooks you can download.

#286 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:49 PM

yes they are similar. So much of the information is one click away on google. sites like t-nation, bodybuilding can help you alot. theres really no way to gain anything quickly. everything takes time unless you decide to try a t-booster and etc. also there are plenty of ebooks you can download.

Well I know for us there is Size On and Superpump and taking Creatine makes the person bigger. Maybe not superpump so much that only gives you more energy and stuff but yea, i'll google it up to see what the differences are.
Post us your next workout!

#287 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:56 PM

Well I know for us there is Size On and Superpump and taking Creatine makes the person bigger. Maybe not superpump so much that only gives you more energy and stuff but yea, i'll google it up to see what the differences are.
Post us your next workout!

yea creatine is sorta not the best thing out there. nitric oxide is what you want.
yea ill post the workouts the days i do it.

#288 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:53 AM

sizeon doesn't work. superpump, jack3d, 1rm, all good for pre workout.

all you really need is food, whey as protein supplement, and if you really want - creatine, and rest

#289 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:45 AM

all you really need is food, whey as protein supplement, and if you really want - creatine, and rest

I'm good with my rice and turkey before workouts (:

#290 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:26 PM

I hate going to the gym with a passion, but since I'm weeks away from starting tri season I should probably add some weight/resistance training.

Alright consider these my "noobie" questions:

So is it advisable to actually "spot" body parts when lifting, or is an overall workout just as fine?

And just like training for anything, there has to be some days off taken for recovery, correct?

#291 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:03 PM

I'm good with my rice and turkey before workouts (:

13 minutes to get out of dat dere catabolic state :p

#292 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:27 AM

13 minutes to get out of dat dere catabolic state :p

come at me im never catabolic with my perma casein shakes

#293 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

try to be more natty bro! how do casein shakes taste haha..

#294 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

I see, but what are the actives ingredients in those pre workout supplements you stated. is there any chance that you know? Im really interested

#295 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

I see, but what are the actives ingredients in those pre workout supplements you stated. is there any chance that you know? Im really interested

atm, i am taking jack3d, and the beauty of it is that it uses minimal ingredients. arginine alpha ketoglutarate, creatine monohydrate, beta alanine, caffeine, and 1, 3 dimethylamylamine.

theres also a new one coming out im dying to try, its called c4

the reason i like jack3d over other pre workout supplements is that they includes tons of ingredients where some are in such small quantities it won't have any effect on you at all

#296 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

atm, i am taking jack3d, and the beauty of it is that it uses minimal ingredients. arginine alpha ketoglutarate, creatine monohydrate, beta alanine, caffeine, and 1, 3 dimethylamylamine.

theres also a new one coming out im dying to try, its called c4

the reason i like jack3d over other pre workout supplements is that they includes tons of ingredients where some are in such small quantities it won't have any effect on you at all

so its a toxic soup of stimulants?!?!? isn't that crazy on the central nervous system?

and whats c4? sounds like a hell of a bomb of a supplement. har har

Im so confused though! Isn't the serving size for jack3d like 1/4th that of super pump?? how can it achieve the same effect?

#297 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

so its a toxic soup of stimulants?!?!? isn't that crazy on the central nervous system?

and whats c4? sounds like a hell of a bomb of a supplement. har har

Im so confused though! Isn't the serving size for jack3d like 1/4th that of super pump?? how can it achieve the same effect?

lol, a toxic soup of stimulants.

serving size is smaller because they concentrate certain ingredients instead of adding useless other ones. one of the things that i have found works well is the caffeeine. for some users it may pose a problem if they are sensitive to stimulants. i have a friend who claims any type of pre workout does not work for him and with jack3d all he felt was a tingling sensation. supplements affect everyone in different ways and i cannot tell someone just to take something so it is up to you to do trial and error and figure out what works best.

im dyting to try out c4 and got a 20 percent coupon off facebook. for 20 bucks, it is worth a try.

how long have you been lifting

#298 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

lol, a toxic soup of stimulants.

serving size is smaller because they concentrate certain ingredients instead of adding useless other ones. one of the things that i have found works well is the caffeeine. for some users it may pose a problem if they are sensitive to stimulants. i have a friend who claims any type of pre workout does not work for him and with jack3d all he felt was a tingling sensation. supplements affect everyone in different ways and i cannot tell someone just to take something so it is up to you to do trial and error and figure out what works best.

im dyting to try out c4 and got a 20 percent coupon off facebook. for 20 bucks, it is worth a try.

how long have you been lifting

But I read in a scientific study that it takes roughly 12g of AAG to actually elicit a response in the human body. I mean thats already 3x the serving size of jack3d. How is that possible? And how does sensitivity vary between each individual? What do you mean by affects everyone differently? Will it make me poop sideways in one person and cause another person to lift harder? Shed some light on it for me bro.

I have just started lifting again since 2 weeks ago. I work out with 2 of my pals. They are both equally strong and equally pompous. Heck one even has the audacity to wear rubber socks to the gym on leg and back days.

#299 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:03 PM

what is AAG?

By sensitivity i mean, I take a scoop of jack3d and feel wired and full of energy for my workout. another friends took a scoop and felt nothing. There are many factors important for an indiviual including mood and motivation. Naturally i am very motivated to work out and every time i go, i try to work the hardest in the gym. As for pooping sideways, i have yet to witness it.

man, one of your mates wears rubber socks. thats hilarious, i'd love to meet such a guy.

#300 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

what is AAG?

By sensitivity i mean, I take a scoop of jack3d and feel wired and full of energy for my workout. another friends took a scoop and felt nothing. There are many factors important for an indiviual including mood and motivation. Naturally i am very motivated to work out and every time i go, i try to work the hardest in the gym. As for pooping sideways, i have yet to witness it.

man, one of your mates wears rubber socks. thats hilarious, i'd love to meet such a guy.

Arginine Alpha ketoglutarate, just thought you knew ur acronyms dave man. If you feel so motivated already, hypthoetically wouldn't it seem like you feel less of it? I believe your friend who only feel tingles is because he's always brimming full of energy. Perhaps you should take notes off of him. As for the rubber socks buddy of mine. Hes rather dull, but he has a crazy ab work out which involves a mirror.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users